Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club - Wed, Dec 30

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club - Wed, Dec 30

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:29 am

Good morning,

I’m here this morning! Yay!! We are expecting a stormy day here today but right now it’s 65° and quite balmy. At 5 AM we have our door open!

Yesterday was a super busy day and today will be no different. We will be moving our trailer five sites away from where we are now. And further away from my sisters trailer. After we get set up we will go to Autumn‘s house for pizza and I will fix Antonio’s quilt label. It didn’t seem to bother him that it said lieutenant instead of captain but it bothers the dickens out of me!

Jana, your family is really taking the hits lately! I hope everybody, especially Matthew, will soon be well. What I wouldn’t give for a dozen of your cheer pills right now!! But perhaps I shouldn’t imbibe...

Lori, I think A late lunch ( or having your main meal mid day ) is a much healthier way of eating. Sometimes we do that but it’s hard for me to set about cooking (and-eating)at that time a day.

Becca, so nice that Marc and Denise are there and brought all their usual wonderful surprises. And gave you so much help! I missed what happened to your knee - and I don’t know what you mean by a rooster comb shot.

Carol, A big pot of chili sounds good to me. I was planning to make one for meals on the road. But I don’t think there is time. There will be a little cooking time today and tomorrow I will have a turkey breast in the crockpot.

Since we will be eating a late lunch with Autumn, we probably won’t be hungry but in case we are I have plenty of leftover chicken enchiladas and rice. Plus enough to feed Allan and Tina again as well. The rice mix is a particular Texan variety called “jardin” and has spices, herbs, and some garden vegetables in it. The word “ Jardin” means garden. It was delicious! I told Bill I wanted to go back and pick up several more boxes to take home with us!

What sounds delicious to you tonite?

gershwin64

Re: Supper Club - Wed, Dec 30

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:16 am

Good morning!
Mary, I hope all goes good with your extra stay over giving your sis more recouping time.
I know how you feel about that label oops, I'm like that LOL welcome to my world 🤣😂🤪
I loved the measuring toilet story, too funny!
Jana, your family sure has been hit hard lately for sure, prayers all get healthy and mended quick.
Becca, you gotta watch that BP, be careful.
Lori, I know they say to have your big meal in the middle of the day but it's hard to do. This winter we've been eating supper by 4:30 on Dad nights and it's difficult for me, mostly because I'm not hungry then and then by 7 I am. 🤷‍♀️
Carol, are temps say chili one day and the next a cookout, I think mother nature is going through menopause LOL
I haven't been sleeping lately, I'm sure it's several things plus stress. Maria and Matthew went to get tested on Monday, just waiting for results. Kevin said he doesn't need to get tested again to go back to work, I asked him to please get tested before we can be around him. To me each case is so different that the duration isn't a given, I'd rather be safe than sorry. 🤷‍♀️
I'm making the California chicken club ring thing for supper, it was going to be supper last night but Dad was having a bad day and didn't want to come over or me take him anything so we just ate crackers with cheese and little bites if ham on top, he had crackers with cheese and summer sausage at home.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:01 am

Hello everyone cloudy here
I was SO happy Denise & Mark helped me They saved me many trips up & down stairs and it’s all back to normal
And the cleaning lady comes today So I’m in good shape that way
Maryz My knee has bothered me for about 4 yrs It come from steps I have osteoarthritis tendinitis The shot is derived from the Rooster Comb Two of my DGSs had it & it helped them
I know your days are super busy Praying your Sister does well on the trip

Jana I hope Matt is getting the help he needs And no one else gets it

Tina I hope Kevin continue s to get stronger each day And no one else gets sick
We do eat our biggest meal at midday
CA doesn’t do well eating later Even though he eats very little
We have leftovers from yesterday
Happy Eating to all. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:11 am

Good morning!

Happy day here. Matt just called and they are releasing him today. They got his blood oxygen level up and stable on the lowest amount of extra oxygen. So he will go home with extra oxygen for a week or so more. We will still keep a close eye, at a distance on him.

Mary - with having to move campsites, it will be a quicker departure in a few days. Prayers for the weather to hold and miss your roads to travel on!

Becca - we are thinking hard on a cleaning lady here. Michael wants a list of what is hard on my abilities to do.

Tina - stupid question, but are you having fun with your LA? Has she got a name yet?

Dinner - more zucchini and sauce. I made a big batch of the zucchini part, dipped and breaded then froze them individually. I can then cook them as needed. This is a experiment, but should work.

Ethan got a new bed for his birthday. They assembled it and he is moving into the big bedroom. Sarah still needs to hang the shelves in his closet, which is a huge walk in. Ethan turns 9 on Friday. He is one tall moose of a kid! Almost as tall as Sarah and she is 5'3". Still thinks he is a lap puppy, crawling up in my lap.

Well, time to head to the Batt Cave.

Hugs,
Jana

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:45 am

Good afternoon from a partly sunny, almost spring like SW. Pa...I agree with Tina, Mother Nature has to be going through something......

Mary, I can't believe what all you do in 1 day...And I'm sure your sister is very, very thankful to have you near...There are times when I'd like to "disown" mine but other times, what would I do if she wasn't mine.....We've not had brothers so it's just the 2 of us, so we have to put up with each other, lol.....I've grown to take 1 day at a time, whether at home or on vacation, especially on vacation with Kathy, lol...(just never know what might happen)...Hoping and praying that the new year will be a much healthier, accident free, happy one for your family.....

Jana, many, many prayers for your family as well...So happy to hear Matt is being released and things are looking up...But, please watch him closely (from afar).....Good for Ethan, getting his new bed and room...He does sound like a tall fellow and I love, love to hear, he still likes Gram's lap...That brought back lots of memories.....

Becca. glad to hear you're able to take it easy and that BP is nothing to mess with...I've never heard of the Rooster Comb shots but if they work, that's great.....My cleaning lady (me) is here but most times doesn't feel like doing too much but we've found, an electric home doesn't require much cleaning, thank goodness....

Tina, I'm still smiling over that toilet story...Mary always has a funny to tell, doesn't she? And we do need to know how you and your new toy are getting along....Around here, you just never know when that "big" meal might happen...Most times, I don't eat or forget to eat lunch so dinner might be early but other times, I'll be eating at 7:00 or even later....Of course if there's a bag of chips in the house, I might eat all day, lol.....
I agree about Kevin being tested again, best to be safe...Boy, this virus is really strange...I'm still finding little things that are lingering...Have been noticing, my hair has gotten thin in a few spots and in talking to others, my sister included, it's happening to her...You just don't know what's happening or what might happen down the line.....

Still not sure what I'm going to do today and here it is afternoon...DGS, Dan was going to stop yesterday so I made him a pumpkin pie but I didn't see him so I might just have to deliver...Also really need to get the oil changed and pick up a few things (coffee) at Aldi but I'm really being lazy...Should get it all over with because I think we're to get rain tonight...And being end of the year, I should pick up a bottle of wine, just in case BabyGirl and I want to celebrate....

For dinner, I had made a meat loaf and scalloped potatoes yesterday while the pie was baking so today, I'll have left overs...Also baked a loaf of banana nut bread so I'll have afters......

You all have a good rest of the day............

Happy eating.....................

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:17 pm

Mary, I know you will be busy for a while. I prefer my bigger meal earlier in the day too, but it is usually only days we eat out.

I got a new key board for my tablet, so I am trying it out. It is pretty compact so hard to use. Hopefully I will adjust to it. In the morning when I read the posts, I don't respond because I hate writing on the tablet. And then I get busy.

Dinner is still up in the air. Maybe orange chicken and rice.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”