Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club. Tuesday, December 29

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club. Tuesday, December 29

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:37 pm

Tuesday, December 29

talk about sliding into the chair at the last minute! Honest, I haven’t had a spare moment all day long until now at 3:30 in the afternoon. Got my sister home from the hospital yesterday. An ordeal for all of us. In and out of the backseat of the pick up and then into the trailer. Every morning we walk the campground perimeter – 1 1/4 miles. As soon as we got back Allan asked me to go with him to buy some medical supplies for my sister, among them elevated toilet seat. 2 hrs by the time we got back. We had to go into downtown Austin to medical supply place and we shopped like Christmas! We are going to extend two more days here so we have to move our site tomorrow morning though my sister can stay in hers. So today we had to pick up everything outside which is a lot when you’ve been living in one campsite for six weeks. And I cleaned and re-organized all the inside storage making ready for travel. Then I made dinner - chicken enchiladas - so they are ready to pop in the oven in a little while. Will add rice and refried beans to the menu and deliver dinner to the sick one.

Funny story – at the medical supply place the lady said we needed to measure the toilet to know which seat to buy. Texted Bill to go over to the trailer and measure the toilet. This he did. Only my sister was on the toilet! She struggled up and peeked out the bathroom door and asked what he wanted and he said to measure the toilet. In this family we laugh at anything we can find the least bit of humor in and that still has us bellyache laughing! My brother figured Bill would spend the afternoon in his recliner with a cold cloth over his eyes! Lol!!

I am sitting at my sewing machine at the moment but so far haven’t sewed a stitch. It’s actually time to put it away for the evening but I’m not ready for that yet. I haven’t had time to sew hardly anything since before Christmas.

I haven’t forgotten about you guys. It’s just been nose to the grind stone here. Hope to do better tomorrow morning!

zfatcat

Re: Supper Club. Tuesday, December 29

Post by zfatcat » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:02 pm

Mary, I figured you were busy with your sis coming back to the camp site. You've got a difficult road ahead getting her home. Hope all goes well. I'm with you on laughing at everything I possibly can.

I spent the morning cleaning. DH just went to pick up our late lunch. I got tacos and he got a burger from one of our local places. Since it's after 2, we won't need dinner. I'll probably put a chicken pot pie in the oven for FIL later.

After lunch I'd like to sew a bit.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:00 pm

Good afternoon, almost evening!

Mary - knew you would be very busy! Yes, we need to laugh, keeps us sane!

Lori - I'll join you in the sewing room.

Posted the latest update on Matt over in Sew in. One thing more, they will probably release him on Friday. My grands are having a hard time with their Dad gone, so we dropped off a dozen of "cheer" pills, otherwise known as doughnuts! And a gallon of chocolate milk. That helped. Matt is sitting up in a recliner and talking on the phone to them and us. Found out too, that the Drs are treating my nephew for pneumonia as well. He is at home getting better. Sandee twisted her knee, turning over in bed the other night and she is on meds for a torn muscle in the knee. Sarah's surgery in the past, all I can say, is we are falling apart! Quote the old TV ad, Calgon, take me away! And as my grandmother always said, this too shall pass.

Dinner- Sarah had zucchini and cucumbers that needed to be used, so I made cucumber dipping sauce and will fry up the panko crusted zucchini for our dinner. A Michael favorite. He will put that cucumber sauce on anything!

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:24 pm

Jana, cucumber sauce sounds good, as does fried zucchini.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:27 pm

Hello everyone bedtime here Been a busy day with Denise & Mark here We got ally decorating down & packed up Boy were they a great help I could not have got it done due to my knee just getting shot I got the Rooster Comb shot
Maryz I’m so happy you can laugh thru all your trials with your Dister Sure hope your trip home goes smooth
Jana Praying for Matt And his family Glad it isn’t Covid
Lori Glad your life seems to be normal
We had a great day together Our meal was good Roast was great They brought us so much food goodies & gifts
Becca

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:31 pm

Maryz - I too knew you were busy with your sister. How is she feeling? You are a good sister to have around right now! I know the trip home will be challenging.

Jana - So sorry for Matt! Hope he is feeling better. Your family seems to be having challenges.

Becca - Glad you enjoyed your visit. Enjoy the goodies!

Lori - I think I would like Jana's fried zucchini too! Yes, I remember you do laugh often.

Today I worked on my sewing room and the kitchen. I made a big pot of chili. We ate some for dinner and have enough for Three more meals. I also cleaned the refrigerator out and wiped it down. Then I made mint chocolate chip ice cream. (Jana - I did add green food coloring. I think if I am remembering correctly Ethan likes it that way!)

Take care of yourselves and the ones you love everyone!

Return to “Chit Chat”