Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club, Christmas day

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club, Christmas day

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:02 am

Merry Christmas everyone! No matter how you you’re spending it, i wish you have a very special day.

Carol, I have that cookbook and the Autumn soup recipe. A wedding gift 50 yrs ago. I probably should share that recipe with Autumn! 😄. Prayers for your sister. How is she doing today?

Lori, Santa brought me my Wooded Whimsey pattern by Cory Yoder. I don’t have fabric with me right now to do it but there are more shops along the way if I run out of other projects. 😁

Jana, gotta love your Daniel! 🎁🎁

Becca, hoping CA’s blood results turn around soon and his appetite improves. I love a candlelight vigil at Christmas. Easter too, for that matter. And I agree - this little group of friends is very special to me, too!💕

Tina, sorry to hear your Kevin has Covid. Hope it’s a light case and that Maria and Matthew don’t get it. Or anyone else in your family

We are leaving about noon today for Autumn’s house. We are taking everything for an outdoor pancake brunch, including the stove, chairs, and a table. We will be giving her and her boyfriend, Antonio, the quilts I made last spring - Paris, and QOV. Last weekend we gave Sammy ( Aut’s 15 yr old friend) her Dizzy Daizy quilt. She loved it!

Merry Christmas to you all!

purrfect-lady

Re: Supper Club, Christmas day

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:12 am

Here is a picture of the 133 friendship bracelet kits we made up for Autumn’s library kids.

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:25 am

Good Morning and a very Merry Christmas to all of you.......Here in SW. Pa. we are once again covered with that white stuff, very appropriate for this morning.....Also very cold which isn't nice!

Finally made it back home and that too is a good thing...I don't know about Tim and Kathy but I sure did enjoy spending time with the "kids", especially Lena....And our Christmas was fantastic, lots of wrapping paper being tossed around and lots and lots of special goodies were handed out....Was a special time.....Of course Lena was the hit of the whole trip...I can't get over how she talks and sings along with all her favorite songs, she's something!

I had tried to keep up with everyone but my tablet had a hard time...So, I've been trying to go back and see what everyone was up to.....From what I've seen, you all have been extra busy...Also many, many prayers for those who were hit with the virus....We're all in this together and we will survive!

Today is going to be a very quiet day for me...I think I've had enough excitement to last quite awhile....Not even sure what my dinner will be...My sister invited me to her house but she's probably having a house full and it's best that I just stay home...And knowing her, she'll have one of the kids do a "Meals on Wheels" run... I do think I'm going to be in my sewing room, lots to catch up on, so I'll be busy....

Eagle Update: we have 2 eggs in the nest in Ft. Myers and 2 very attentive parents, taking turns sitting on the nest......

Wishing you all the very best, A very Merry Christmas and a very Healthy, Happy New Year......

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:32 am

Mary, lot all the bracelet kits. That will make a lot of kids happy. Luck you to get that pattern. Looks like we'll be making the same thing next year. lol

Irish, sounds like you had a great time with family.

Danelle loved her my Frosty quilt. The kids came over for dinner last night. It was nice. Today we have a Zoom with family and then no plans. I plan to hit the sewing room and create something.

For dinner I think we'll have Chili. It's easy.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:16 am

Hello everyone we have snow & sun at 23
Merry Christmas to everyone Hope it’s special for you
We have had FaceTimes texts & calls from lots of family First time I ever remember us by ourselves We had a nice meal Baked Ham creamed potatoes steamed broccoli cranberry salad & lots of desserts
Have a wonderful day. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:51 am

Good morning!

Merry Christmas!

Quiet day here, dinner is leftovers. We do our big fancy dinner last night. I was skeptical on smoking a prime rib, but oh my, it was absolutely delicious! Aaron smoked it with hickory, just a mild nice smoke. I now will turn over the roast cooking to Aaron.

Stu just brought me over a couple of pecan sticky buns that Sarah made for their breakfast. Stu's Christmas present was separated from the gifts we took last night and it was still here, so he came over to get it.

Enjoy the wonderful day!
Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:46 pm

Merry Christmas Everyone!
After Mass (outdoors, wearing masks and socially distanced) we had breakfast of Cheese Omelette, sausage, potatoes and biscuit. Then we opened gifts and have been reading instruction booklets and registering them ever since.

I did talk to my sister. They put in a stent yesterday to drain the infection. They told her they would operate in a few weeks when she was stronger. She is on antibiotic. She is a diabetic and her sugar is low so is her blood pressure. Today, they are giving her a blood transfusion. They cannot give her pain med because it will drop her blood pressure. They are not giving her food so they gave her dextrose intravenously. They are moving her to a different room so she can get more care. It doesn't sound good to me so I am worried. Say a prayer for her.

Dinner is turkey, mashed potatoes, salad and green peas and a dinner roll. I did not make a pie so we will have cookies and ice cream.

Return to “Chit Chat”