Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club - Christmas Eve

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club - Christmas Eve

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:57 pm

Hello!

I’m back! I’m not sure what was wrong yesterday. I tried for 2 hrs to get on forum and finally gave up. We are doing a project for Autumn: her library gives out crafts for kids every week with curbside book pick-ups. We are assembling 130 friendship bracelet kits (4 strands embroidery floss in different shades of one color family), coiled up and put into small ziplocks. We cut the floss into 40” lengths. Tedious but fun.

Tina, thx for your help yesterday! Your tamales look wonderful!! And your LA looks fun. I hope you are feeling better today.

Becca, how was CA’s blood work?

Lori, I can smell all your baked goodies from here!

Carol, i saw a pattern in a magazine yesterday that had HST’s even smaller than yours! 1”, unfinished.

Jana, glad Sarah is doing so well! Was she able to get her downstairs finished before her surgery?

I see Tina reported that Chickie’s stepson, Levi, tested positive for coronavirus. He is a first responder, a paramedic or EMT. Ava is his little Yorky that she walks several days a week.

I am going to Brown A pork roast and put it in the crockpot for dinner tonight with sister and brother-in-law. Mashed potatoes, green beans, and biscuits will round out our Christmas Eve menu.

Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas Eve supper

Becca

Re: Supper Club - Christmas Eve

Post by Becca » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:19 am

Hello everyone rainy here & temps are to drop with snow We may not get any Will see
We FaceTimed with our DGS He checks in every week I watched their candlelight service last night I always loved going to them
Will be a quiet Day day here tomorrow Denise & Mark come next week
Maryz His blood work is even lower He goes back in 2 weeks
Nice you did the kits for Autumn
Tina Your tamales looked good I’m sure they are CA would love them
Carol I googled your soup I had never heard it called that
Jana I’m sorry your family is sick Hope it’s mild cases You will love having a cleaning lady It sure makes a difference

CA didn’t want to eat yesterday only Boost so I’ll try the burger today I’m doing a baked Ham for tomorrow with creamed potatoes green beans cranberry salad and lots of desserts they all sent
Merry Christmas to everyone & thanks for being such wonderful friends This group means a lot to me Hugs Becca
Last edited by Becca on Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:53 am

Good morning and Merry Christmas Eve!
Mary, yes thankfully I'm feeling much better, I slept till after 8, I did wake up for an hour around 4.....I got tangled in my CPAP hose and knocked things off my nightstand so had to get out of bed and pick it up. That's never happened in the 12 years I've been wearing it, weird.
How fun those kits sound! I bet the kids will love them! Your supper sounds sooooo yummy!
Becca, sorry CA's bloodwork is low, getting bloodwork done these days is such a frustrating process. We hit 15° this morning and have a 10% chance of snow, I'd sure love a white Christmas since nobody will be traveling!
Kevin had a really really bad headache yesterday that he said his head felt like it was going to explode, I'm afraid he has covid, his results can take up to 72 hours from 10 yesterday morning.
Baking continues here today. Supper tonight will be tamales, red chile meat, green chile chicken enchilada casserole, beans and spanish rice. The leftovers will be frozen for later suppers.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:52 am

Tina, your dinner sounds yummy.

Mary, how fun to put together crafting kits. I'm sure a lot of kids are happy to get them.

I'm going to finish up baking the cookies today. Then I'll take bread and cookies to my mom and dad.
Jack and I already walked this morning. DH and Wrigley are out now. It's a bit cloudy, but at least the wind has died down.

Tonight Jami, Shane and Danelle will be over for Steaks and baked potatoes.

Have a lovely Christmas Eve.
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:32 am

Maryz - I am sure there are quilts with smaller ones. I have a chart to use with a ruler that gives even smaller ones!!

Becca - I have the Cooking for Two Cookbook from Betty Crocker circa about 1970 that calls it that. I have always made it. It is easy and tastes good. Cheesy Garlic Biscuits are perfect with it.

Lori - Guess what? We got some rain today!! Happy dance time!

We are getting the Hibiscus (Rose of Sharon) cut down and removed as well as the Boysenberry bushes. I couldn't get rid of the white fly on the Hibiscus as much as I tried and the Boysenberries are just too invasive and too much work! I still have frozen boysenberries and will miss having so many, but I also found it too difficult to pick the berries on the hillside.

May I ask for your prayers for my sister? She is in the hospital for a ruptured appendix and is having surgery today. I just found out this morning. We cannot visit. I did talk to her on the phone.

Dinner tonight will be steak and baked potato with broccoli, a spinach salad and Garlic toast.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:00 pm

Merry Christmas Eve to all!

I am pulling up to the table late. I have a few minutes before my roast needs the oven turned off. You then leave it in the oven until about 30 minutes before dinner is to be served and heat it back up. Odd, but works! Also, no peeking or opening the oven for about 3-4 hours.

This elf just ran out of scotch tape. Resorted to packing tape! I have had all my stuff wrapped for a couple of months, but I have a child, that drop ships everything here he buys for the family. His name is Daniel , sometimes mud! So I get to sort out what goes to who and then wrap and deliver. Thought with him coming, I would have gotten out of this, nope! Still two gifts missing, something for Logan and something for Lila. All done and sorted to take with us tonight. Then as the pictures all show, Santa with his feet up in a recliner resting on Christmas Day! That will be me!

Have a wonderful Merry Christmas! It is such a glorious day!

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”