Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper club, Tuesday, December 22

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper club, Tuesday, December 22

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:19 am

Good morning!

Looks like our weather is improving slightly here. We actually sat out around our fake campfire for a little while last night! And hopefully this evening will be nice as well. We are going to Autumn‘s at 3:30 for a glass of wine and some snax to make Christmas plans.

Work continues on my gnomes. Mixed up a few of my parts and pieces so this morning I am doing some un-sewing. Also have laundry going.

Jana, sorry to hear Andrea tested positive. But Three cheers for three roasts! We still haven’t decided what to have for our Christmas dinner whether it ends up being Christmas Eve or Christmas day. Happy you got to see the star! We looked both last night and this morning and no luck here but it’s a bit foggy. Thanks for sharing Sarah‘s new playroom with us! She is going to have some fun there!

Becca, don’t know why I thought you were going to the doctor tomorrow. My sister’s back doctor told her to lay on an Ice pack for 20 minutes. She said it really helped. I prefer heat and so does she but she said alternating gave her some relief. And he told her to do gentle stretches while laying flat . Lucky you to have so many packages!

Tina, those are two cute little quilts! Are you saving them to Quilt on your new machine? Today is the big day, isn’t it?

Lori, a free-for-all in the kitchen for supper sounds good to me!

Carol, I was really looking at those HST’s you have to do. What size are those little ones? I guess I would make them during the day and if they need trimming, do it in front of the TV at night. That kind of work seems to go faster in front of a good comedy

Our split pea soup last night was pretty good. We sat around the campfire and ate it with sis and brother-in-law. I have enough left for two bowls for us tonight after we come home from Autumn’s house.

What will be on your dinner table tonight

gershwin64

Re: Supper club, Tuesday, December 22

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:04 am

Good morning!
A really quick zoom through because..... yay they're coming to set up my machine and I'm baking and making tamales today. The meat is already on for the tamales. I found making small batches is way way easier on me! These tamales will be for Christmas Eve supper, we always do Mexican food for Christmas Eve.
Mary, enjoy your planning, wine and snacks.
Jana, sorry covid has found your family, I hope and pray nobody else gets it.
Sorry so short but I gotta get busy, I cleaned the house yesterday evening so it would help me save some time this morning.
Not sure about supper.... it might be cookies 🤣😂🤣😂
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:04 pm

Hello everyone sunny here today We had to go for CAs blood work again And Bank Hardware & A couple things at grocery
ThenHime & Laundry
Then make a double recipe of cranberry relish We both love it
Maryz I do use ice Sometimes it is the only thing that relieves it I stretch too I hope he can help
So glad you are seeing Autumn some Enjoy your time together

Tina So happy today is the day And you have lots going on

Jana I’m sorry you have the virus in your family Our DGS proved positive and he was never sick or anything
We have soup leftovers Will be great for today. Becca

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:35 pm

Maryz - The HST's are 3/4 inch finished. I did draft them in EQ8 so now I just need to test and make more copies. I think it will be much easier!

Becca - I am sorry to hear you are having back issues. It is never fun to have your back hurting. Glad you do not have to back lots of cookies this year. I love cranberry sauce too and will be making a batch later today.

Jana - Bummer about the divinity. I have never made it. I guess I should try, however with my luck on fudge I am not sure I want to try. Divinity looks really pretty in pictures in the cookbooks though.

Tina - You are learning a lot today about your new machine I bet!

Lori - I don't seem to have enough leftovers for dinner for a free for all. Tomorrow I will have leftover Soup though and that is planned on for dinner!

I am making a batch of fudge today and another batch of Raspberry Meringue Cookies. (Can you tell we ate the other batches and loved them?)

Tonight's dinner will be Autumn Soup with Cheese biscuits.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:46 pm

Good afternoon!

Well, Matt has it, Andrew has it, Logan has it, Tanner has it, and Baden too. Only Crenda and Emma has so far not got that rotten virus in that household. So far mild cases, Tanner seems to be the worst.

I am assembling a Christmas Eve dinner box for Crenda to cook. Prime Rib, rice, all ingredients for our green stuff, (a lime jello salad,) roll mix, and a au jus mix. Also dropping off all their presents. Taking Emma's dress, to see if it fits, before I cut and sew her special dress for her baptism. I want to make sure it fits before I cut it out. My plan is to make that dress between Christmas and New Years.

Dinner - Michael is on a Caesar salad kick, so I will make him that and see what is in the refrigerator for me.

Tina - oh happy day, your machine gets to come to its new home! What fun!

Mary - hope your computer arrives. Can you stay there for a bit longer, before moving south?

Becca - hope CA's blood work comes back good.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”