Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club. Monday, Dec 21

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club. Monday, Dec 21

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:48 am

Good morning!

How is everyone this fine day? We may reach 70° here and I can certainly dig that! I may take a book outside and read. My days are spent mainly sewing, reading, walking, and hanging with Al & Tina playing games or watching videos. Yesterday we actually found Seahawks game on TV! Since NFL got so political we lost our verve for football, but it made a nice change in the action around here. (especially since Hawks won!)

I also got my Norm heads done. Will work some on tunics today. I will do the Nanettes next. I really like fatcats gnomes better but I needed a project to work on in the trailer and appliqué is almost impossible. I can’t use my knee lift because Of how the table is built and I can’t do much serious appliqué without the knee lift. So I stick to piecing.

Jana, good to hear Sarah is progressing. Did the basement get finished before her surgery? If she is going to keep on with these large projects, that Raise will come in handy, though it will be harder to find the time to do the projects! It’s a tail chasing conundrum.

Tina, did you get the little bear top finished? Is it a wall hanging, crib, lap, twin, other? Where will it go when finished? Thank you for looking up Carol’s quilt for us.

Carol, that is some quilt! It only showed part of it in the photo but I counted a whole heck of a lot of half square triangles! I can’t imagine squaring up each of them individually so you must be making several at a time. At least I hope you are!

Becca, how did your doctor appointment go? And how is your back?

Lori, I really liked your little snowman wall-hanging. But I agree - I bet you have prettier Christmas fabrics in your stash

I’ve given no thought to supper tonight. Perhaps split pea soup? I will use kielbasa for the meat. More often than not we share meals with my sister and brother-in-law. I usually do the cooking though now that her shoulder and knee are improving she is doing a little more. And sometimes we eat on our own. Plans are usually spur of the moment and subject to change. But for tonight, the soup is my best guess.

What is your guess for supper?

Becca

Re: Supper Club. Monday, Dec 21

Post by Becca » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:04 am

Hello everyone sunny here but cold This week is to be a cold one
Maryz I don’t go to Dr until December 28
The soonest I could get in Its a tad better
Not going to be jumping any hoops yet

Maryz I am amazed you can quilt in a camper But I know Velda does
We got another big package yesterday We have never got so many packages It’s because they won’t come visit this year like Normal Marty brought a load when he came on Saturday

We have enough cookies to start a factory
Lol
I was going to make some but not now
Have a wonderful day everyone Becca
I forgot the meal I have a big pot of soup cooking It’s veggie beef

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:39 am

Good morning! It's pretty chilly here this morning.
Mary, I only washed the little bear quilt, I didn't realise it but it's a panel, backing and the fabric for the binding in it so I did wash it and iron it all, it's ready to sandwich and quilt. Easton saw it and fell in love and asked if he could have it so it'll most likely be his. I found another little wall hanging that I whipped up though, it's super cute. I'll take picks in a few and post so you all can see.
Carol, that is a pretty quilt but wowzer those little HST would kill me!
Becca, I hope your back gets to feeling better fast!
Lori, I think you should make another snowman quilt with fabric you choose so we can see it too 😉
I've got to go get a Walmart pick up order this morning, see how many things I don't get because they're out of stock..... some things are essential right now, others I was just replenishing my cupboards.
Supper tonight will be lasagna, garlic bread and a salad.
I'm hoping my day is filled with baking and sewing ❤

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:50 am

Here's the little bear panel quilt top and the Christmas one that I put together. I'm getting quite the little stack of things to quilt after Christmas! ❤❤
Tina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:16 am

Tina - Both the bear panel and the deer are really adorable! Easton will love having a quilt he picked!

Yes, it is a lot of HST. I am thinking of making them Paper Pieced. I haven't drafted it yet though. I am working on the center block. I am using Eleanor's method for making flying geese, because she had all these little squares that I was sure was a more difficult method. As I said I am rewriting the instructions for the quilt.

Maryz - Hope the computer shows up this week. I will bet that calling them today is on Bill's agenda. That is cutting it very close.

Jana - I am looking forward to seeing Sarah's new sewing space.

My niece came over yesterday to drop off a small gift and for an outside visit wearing masks. She took her gifts, a couple of masks, bars and silicone mask bracket I had purchased as well as a small purse I had made her. She also took her brother's Christmas gift. I had bought her a Christmas ornament on 1st Christmas Married and her brother a 2020 Llardo Christmas Ornament to commemorate his college graduation. She will see her brother when they gather after January 1st for a visit with their Dad and Mom.

Now I know Mary is going to ask about the silicone mask bracket. They fit under the mask and hold the mask away from the nose and mouth so it is easier to talk and breathe and wear the mask longer. Simply put it under and the mask holds it in place. Here is the link: https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=silicone+m ... s-a-p_4_13

Dinner tonight will be chicken and potatoes with a mustard glaze on a sheet pan.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:50 am

Good afternoon!

Been a wild and woolly morning around here. Matt called and Andrew has tested positive for the virus. Very mild case and probably is over it now. He was tested Friday and we got the results today. So now Matt's family is quarrantining and being tested today. We did some back tracing of when we last saw them and it was over 2 weeks ago, almost three. Same for Aaron's family and Sarah's family too. By the best guess, Andrew was exposed and caught it from school. Those grands are the only ones that are attending school in person. Gracie and Ethan are both doing at home.

Last night tried my hand at my divinity, made very nice rocks! I will try again today. Tasted good, just a bit too hard. Dinner - chicken something - I am thinking chicken over stuffing smothered with gravy and cranberry sauce on the side. Salad too. I have some rotissiere chicken, so that will be a quick easy assemble.

Sewing on the binding to the last quilt and that will be out of my hair.

You know, when you listen to that little voice, it is always right. I thought I needed three separate prime ribs to feed all the tribe, well I do need the three, just that they go to separate houses for their dinners. I will take a roast for Matt to cook and Aaron is smoking one and I will roast one traditionally. Our Christmas Eve tradition will be done via a Zoom meeting between us. That is what this crazy year will call for.

Not much more here,
Hugs
Jana

Oh yes, I put up a picture of Sarah's new sewing room.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:50 pm

Jana - Sorry to hear Andrew has tested positive. Glad to hear you are playing it safe and having a virtual celebration! Good for you!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:18 pm

Mary, Frosty is actually a lap size quilt. Frosty is really big.

I've been cleaning all day. Maybe I'll get to do a little embroidery later.

Dinner is a free for all. There are plenty of left overs to chose from.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:02 pm

The sun is just barely down here and we saw the Christmas Star. We saw it both through the telescope and with the naked eye. It will be visable for several more days if you missed tonight.

Look for it tomorrow and start, just as the sun I setting.

Return to “Chit Chat”