Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Sept 29

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Sept 29

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:01 am

Good morning,

A beautiful week here in the PNW. Bright blue skies abound, making a purrfect backdrop for the tall green trees. I was outside quite a while, enjoying the late summer air, while helping DH finish up his project. But I did manage to get my two fox appliqued pot holders finished for my sister's new RV and the first row of "Whisk" almost finished. I did a little handwork on the last block during TV last night and will finish it this morning. I also really need to do some laundry. And we have a friend who had serious surgery 2 weeks ago on his ankle and is in a wheelchair now through mid-December. We are taking them a pizza and a bottle of wine. We'll be sitting out on their deck, distanced. So that will be our supper, too.

BECCA - You've made a good start - 1/2 hour outside doing gentle yard things. I'm sure everyone has told you to not overdo so I won't. What a nice surprise to see Levi drive up for a quick hello! Is it your WA DGS's choice to move or does he get assigned by his church? My BIL is a retired Baptist minister and he was always assigned. I think. Yes, my son lives about an hour away from us. But his wife doesn't like us so we seldom see them.

JANA - Sounds like, with Michael's request, you need to get another cat!! So how did it go with the hand yesterday? Did you give it a good test? When you get out your QIAD Barn Book, check out pages 85 and 91. :D

CAROL - your niece had what I would call the purrfect wedding! And now you get to make new makers!!

The new soup I tried yesterday was really good! A keeper for sure - didn't even need any tweaking to suit us. In case any of you would like a new soup recipe, I'll share it here: It has a lot of room to sub herbs, beans, or add other ingredients.

4 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp minced fresh rosemary (I used 1 tsp dried)
1 large can whole tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 15 oz can garbanzo beans
4 c. chicken broth
1 pkg tagliatelle pasta (I used penne, about 8oz.)
1 tsp salt
Black pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese

Saute garlic in oil. Add rest of ingredients except Parm cheese. Bring to boil. Add pasta and cook to desired doneness. Serve hot and top with parmesan cheese. About 6 servings.

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Sept 29

Post by Becca » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:05 am

Good morning everyone rainy here off & on
Maryz How sad that your DDIL doesn’t visit
There must be no kids Sure they would want to come Too bad it’s her loss
Our DGS choose to move He’s been there 61/2 yrs & the Church has grown so fast
It will continue I’m sure
Our DSIL was appointed to his Church He moved about every 8 to 10 yrs
Oh yes I have been warned many times All I have to do is remember things I went thru in Hospital & that tells me what to do

The laundry is drying I hope to maybe purge some today Will see
Dinner is still up in the air Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:38 am

Good morning!

Michael just left for his doctor's appointment. It is the annual one to get his prescriptions renewed. I am here at the house getting uglies done.

Talked to Ethan yesterday. While they were at Cedar Breaks, doing hikes, etc, Ethan earned and added another Junior Ranger badge to his collection. They are pins he wears proudly on his boonie hat. He has earned one from every park they have been too. He has quite a few. He was complaining about the oh so long distance they rode on their bikes. It was just over a mile each way. So I put that in terms he understood - that it was the same distance from his house to mine. Then it wasn't so bad, he decided. Silly boy! They were heading into Bryce Canyon for a couple of days, more hiking and riding. Also, it is dark sky territory, and they have the telescope for night viewing. Sarah is using this trip to teach schoolwork as well, all the history , rock formations and math - how far is a mile! When we traveled with our kids, they kept a log and learned to read a map, Sarah is doing that too with Ethan.

Dinner - leftover cat food for Michael and I have some leftover chicken and gravy. I found a cat food that I don't like. I grabbed a steelhead trout, looks like salmon, and it is not on my like list. So this is the last of my mistake, Mikey likes it.

Mary - pizza will be thoroughly enjoyed, along with your company. Soup looks yummy!

Becca - the twins are amazing! They will be up and running and enjoying the world they fought so hard to be in!

Worked on my Gnomes and made slow, but good progress. The hand didn't bother me much, but did ache a bit, a good sign. Today will be more Gnomes and looking at those pages in the barn book.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:25 am

The new refrigerator arrived this morning at 9:30. The information we had said from 10-2. Usually that means 2:30 for us. Guess because we didn't get it last week we were the first ones on delivery schedule. The driver gave me a 30-45 minute warning. We had emptied the freezer last night which made it entirely possible this morning! I got done with no minutes to spare. I moved my car from the driveway after they had arrived. We always must move a car when getting a delivery.

Tonight's dinner will be Stuffed Pepper Casserole. I made it this morning without the rice. I will reheat it and put in the rice to cook. Rice gets really mushy if overcooked and we do not like it. I will freeze some of it without the rice too.

Last week someone told me there is an app on my I-Phone that will count my steps, so I started watching it. The first couple of days I had 8500 steps or so, then on Sunday (Wedding) I only got about 5500. Yesterday I got over 10,000! I was so happy. Guess what happened? I slept better than I had in months! I knew I needed more exercise!

I need to go deliver somethings to our Comfort Quilt Committee leader. Guess I had better get going.
Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”