Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Sept 24

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Sept 24

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:36 am

Good morning,

We still have rain! Loving it! Though it could have been better time, I won't complain. Temps are still mild if not actually warm.

Yesterday Tina (my sister) and I got her quilt top together. I am going to try to post a photo later. It looks really nice but she still insists she is going to hand quilt it herself using a thick blanket for batting and heavy flannel for backing. I've offered to do it for her on the LA using regular batting a backing but there's only one person I know more stubborn than my sister and that's my OTHER SISTER! Small wonder those two girls don't get along!

Our Zoom court hearing re our anit-harassment order against Vicki went well. Her DD and SIL zoomed in and spoke, described to judge how Vicki is to us, mostly, but to other neighbors, her family, and even to motorists on the roadway and requested that the judge not only grant our extension but to give us two years rather than just the usual one. And this she did! Now we just have to go into the courthouse in Tacoma and get the papers and take them to Sheriff (also in courthouse) and pay $75 to have a deputy deliver them to Vicki. Worth it!

CAROL - You really make good use of the new Zoom way to host gatherings! Admirable! I have a couple of fall things out - 2 quilts and a table-topper. That might be it, though. I have more but they are in a tote high in the shop shelves. And we will be leaving in about 7 weeks for Texas and won't return until about Valentine's Day.

JANA - It will be so nice to have your bathroom finished! And I think with little boys you can never go wrong with Hot Wheels and Legos. And like you said, even big boys like Legos!

Tonight I am making our Carol's Mandarin Pork Chops and Rice. With my house guests I've been cooking real meals every night. Any leftovers have gone into sister's trailer freezer for easy meals while on the road home (4 days, 3 nights). So new food here every night this week. As you all know, I'm not in "new food every night" cooking shape! But I'm getting there! :lol:

What are you thinking for your supper for tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Sept 24

Post by Becca » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:46 am

Hello everyone cloudy with showers
We are cooler
Had Country style steak n gravy to heat up And creamed potatoes
Maryz Your DS should take you up on the quilting part She’s in for a big mess plus pain too
Glad the Vickey saga is taken care of Sounds like the House May fall in on her 1 day
Everything here is so changed No house or lawn work Of course I couldn’t do it anymore Our DD & 2 DSs saw to it there’s nothing for me to do but enjoy doing what I want
They have been incredible Also installed a new dishwasher for us
Hope your day is good. Hugs to all
Becca
I hope to gain my strength back

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:15 pm

Maryz - As Co-President of the Guild I have an obligation to keep the guild going. There are many members who are alone, who have health issues or who no longer have a place to go for meeting others. Unfortunately, there are many people who are so afraid to learn something new. They think they are too old to use Zoom.

I had a Zoom meeting this morning and another Zoom meeting this evening. This afternoon I need to do some other things.

Tonight we will be having Chicken Pot Pie.
Carol

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:19 pm

Good afternoon!

Oh there are times when I have a love hate relationship with a computer! Today computer's are not on my good list! I was trying to figure out how to get to the embroidery pattern for the Minnie Mouse quilt - the bow - well, I found the bow for my machine - but not the stitch out portion or the actual instructions. Finally after hearing a few very choice words, Michael came over to help - after poking around, we found the instructions and there is no stitch out part - per se - you just stop the machine at the first thread stitching, then you have placement for the fabric. I am definetly going to practice on a scrap first! This will be a challenge, but I will prevail! LOL!

I have most of the Christmas Gnome wall hanging fused and cut out. Still need to decide on a small body piece that is mostly covered by other parts.

Went out earlier and finished getting my pantry back up to full stock. Only missing a couple of things, but will watch for them when I get milk and eggs, as we need them.

Dinner - leftover banned noodle cassarole - even though I made half of my normal size, we still have enough for tonight.

Mary - yea on the extension for two years. Hopefully somebody that thinks they have more smarts than the rest of us, will see the error in their ways and Vicki will have the help she needs. Your sister's quilt is beautiful and so much work! It will be a treasure, if she ever gets it done. That is a lot of hand quilting to do!

Becca - goody - you were here today! I know that it is hard to let others do for you, but hey, you have earned all that pampering! Enjoy it!

Carol - we are starting to use Zoom here for some of our church meetings - the one I teach in - so I will be learning to use Zoom too. We have missed seeing all the ladies in the Ward and this will now give us the chance to see one another. Hopefully this old dog can learn to do something new - it will depend on my love/hate relationship with this computer! And Sarah's expertise!

Well, I might try not being so chicken and do a test on Minnie Mouse - we will see......

Hugs
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”