Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Sept 23

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Sept 23

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:53 am

Good morning!

We have rain! YAY!! And lots of it! and it's going to rain the rest of the week! Double Yay!!

Yesterday my sis and I got her quilt top half together. the rest of the blocks are sashed and in order to just start sewing. We'll get that top finished this morning. We stopped early yesterday because the guys wanted to go "just look" at an RV that Bill found on the internet. We all thought being a 2019 that it was used and at the dealer where we bought our first Arctic Fox. But it was brand new, a left over and they wanted to get rid of it and they DID!!! My BIL saw it and fell in love and they bought it on the spot. And they got such a deal! But after sitting on the lot for 2 yrs they have to go through it, repair a couple of window shades, clean it, etc. So Sis and BIL have to go home for medical stuff and will come back in Oct to pick it up. We're excited for them, but feel a bit responsible since we led them down this path, unknowingly, but still - we did it. They will leave their old one with us and Bill will try to sell it for them on the internet. A great hunting trailer - 30-foot toy hauler - if any of you need one. With 4 brand new tires!

Today we have our Zoom court hearing to renew our anti-harassment order against Vicki. She is pretty agitated for us to have company here and she is banging on her window, outdoor glass table, ringing bells, beating on her copper bowls, etc. You name it - if it makes a resonating sound (to clear the air of toxic energy) she's doing it. But not much else. Inside her house she has taken a sledge hammer to the walls and is tearing the all out. She is down to the studs in some parts of the house. I wonder if she understands things like weight bearing walls . . .

IRISH - It almost sounds like you are pulling a Tom Sawyer stunt with your fun lawn toy! Do you have any fences that need white-washing? :lol: Now I have to get a map out and see just where Virginia Beach is and how far from you it is. Because I always want to know this stuff. Can't be bad with a name like 'Virginia', right? ;) (You DO know that's my real first name, right?)

JANA - I may let my sister read your post about the quilt you made for your mom. It sure doesn't make sense to me, what she is planning. How old is Baden now? and what is he interested in? I think we're done with Christmas, too. Except for when we go to Texas. We'll do a bit more then. We'll also order Hickory Farms for Brother, Gene, Lee & Lara, and Bill's sister and DBIL here in WA. And order See's candy for my two sister's in law who have lost my brothers.

BECCA - I was thrilled to see you post in the sew-in this morning!! You have really had a siege of this. Do they know what caused your BP spike and -lyte imbalances? Please get even more better soon!

Supper tonite is a turkey roast that my sis brought from home. We'll probably have mashed potatoes, gravy, and peas with it. I hope I have cranberry sauce here. I know I have a can in the trailer, but the trailer is in Oly. In the last two days I've started to go get something from there so many times! I hope they hurry with those repairs. We haven't heard from them yet so I'm not sure they've even looked at it yet.

Have you got a tasty idea yet for your supper?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Sept 23

Post by auntjana » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:59 am

Good morning!

I am stuck upstairs at the moment. We needed to turn off the power in the Batt Cave to install one of Michael's favorite things - fancy light switches. This one senses when you walk into the bathroom and turns the light on for you - automatically. Then a few minutes later, turns off the light as well. This is not one of those that works with Alexa or your phone.

One kitchen fairy showed up, Michael, he helped straighten and swept the floor. I did the rest and have the dishwashers running. The chow mein last night was very good and would have been perfect, if I had remembered to buy the bean spouts for the recipe. It's a keeper recipe. Tonight will be something simple - maybe a small banned noodle cassarole. Salad too.

Working on my Christmas Gnome wall hanging. I have only a couple of mustaches left to trace. Then pick out from my stash the reds and greens for the clothing. Not hard, just a bunch of tiny pieces.

Mary - what fun! To spend all that money - someone else's! I am sure they will enjoy that new rig. Bill will have no problem selling the old one.

Well, I need to get going and see what is going on in the Batt Cave. Oh, I did figure out Baden's Christmas - some Hot Wheels playset and extra cars. Done and ordered. Now just need something for my Daniel. He still plays with Legos - the big fancy complicated sets, so will see about one of those.

Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Sept 23

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:27 pm

Tonight’s dinner is Chicken Teriyaki and rice.

This afternoon I hosted a virtual sew-in. Only about eight people were there for at least part of the time. We all enjoyed it. We did decide to have a schedule of virtual meetings in the newsletter.

I did get a couple loads of clothes in washer and dryer. Also managed to mop floors in kitchen and dining room. I got out the fall decorations too. They are all sitting on one table though. Lol

Hope you all have a nice evening.

Return to “Chit Chat”