Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Sept 21

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Sept 21

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:55 am

Good morning,

55* here this morning and going to about 70* later today. Purrfect!! WE might have a campfire this evening. My sis and DBIL would like that. I know because they requested it! :D

Yesterday I got the binding halfway on the second plaid/animal swap quilt. I'll finish that this morning before Tina gets up. Then I'm off to chiropractor and when I get back I'm going to show her how to thread and operate her sewing machine (it's a Singer I loaned her a few years ago and she's never even taken it out of the box, but she brought it along this trip). She and I are going to sew sashing strips and cornerstones on her embroidered blocks. That will be the bulk of our day, I think. She wants to use a real blanket for the batting in this quilt and then hand quilt it. Personally, I think she's nuts but she is pretty insistant. It's a fairly heavy blanket but she wants it to be like like it was done 'in the olden days'. As long as she doesn't expect us to do it!

JANA - I Googled your wall hanging and it's beautiful! Lots of work! I can see why it's taken you a while to finish! Good luck with the Zoom class. You will catch on - I have faith in you. We have a Zoom court hearing on Wed. at 1:30. Bill has us set up and ready to go. Trying to decide on which quilt to use for our background while we sit on our couch! lol!

TINA - your macarons sound delicious. What color did you make? I think Master Chef Jr is where I saw them made, but probably on the adult version of the show, too. I've seen them twice.

LORI - sounds like you are having a ball in Utah!

Tonite's supper is going to be green chili chicken enchiladas and asparagus. Yum!

What's your supper plan?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Sept 21

Post by auntjana » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:34 am

Good morning!

A quick hi and bye - our handyman just called and will be here in a hour. Not planned, but happy to have him. Dinner - I still working on what's for breakfast!

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:49 am

Maryz, I'd move up here if DH would leave SoCal. I love it up here. There are so many things to do. Plus there are lots of great quilt shops. Glad you are having fun with your sister. I bought my sister a cute wool kit at one of the shops on Saturday. It will be a fun surprise gift.

Jana, maybe the door will get put in faster than expected. fingers crossed.

Yesterday we worked in the yard a bit, then just watched a few movies in the afternoon. I made DS cake for his birthday last week. He was happy. He likes cake.

Tonight for dinner I think Chicken, potatoes with onions on the grill and some kind of veggie.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:03 pm

Good afternoon from a warm, super nice, SW. Pa....I was thinking it was going to be chilly but it's sunny and going to about 70 and just perfect....It has been chilly the last couple of evenings and I've even turned on the heat...So far I haven't pulled out the electric blanket....

Mary, Was sorry to hear about the mishaps on your trip but, gotta move on, look forward to the next trip....Talked to Kathy and it seems our beach trip is really going to happen...She and Tim are flying in late Friday night and we're leaving for Cari's on Sat. and instead of taking my Subie to the beach, she's renting a bigger van...After the beach, we'll come back to Cari and Matt's for Lena's 2nd birthday bash and then the following Sunday, we'll head this way and probably go straight to the airport.....They will be back in December for the wedding but will be leaving for home right before Christmas...Our Christmas will be a week early so I decided to fly to Ft. Myers on the 24th and spend a week with my friend, Ginny....

Jana, sure hoping the door will be done quicker than thought....have been meaning to tell you about the young people who come and help Tim and Kathy...They can't say enough about how special they are, so polite and willing to help with anything.....Those young people really have been brought up the right way.....And in reading your posts, you can "hear' it when you talk about your family.....

Been trying to get a bunch of things done before we go away....Did stop and pick up 10 bags of mulch the other day and then Dee, my neighbor came over and helped get drag it out of the car...I really need to get the car cleaned out before I make that trip to the airport....This morning, I finally sealed the side deck and now I want to start cleaning out the shed....Kathy has some canning jars here and she wants to box them up and send them back home...And I still have a few things that belong to Cari that I'd like to drop off at her house...I still have 1 of her Irish dance costumes that hopefully, she'll be able to find someone that can use it.....Time for me to reclaim my shed, lol.....Of course, Kathy has already done some Christmas shopping and they'll stay until Christmas, I guess.....

I'm thinking for dinner, fire up the grill and make a burger...I have all the fixens and it should taste pretty good......

You all have a great rest of the day....

Happy eating..................

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:07 pm

Good afternoon!

I am back! Been working in the Batt Cave as the finishing touches are going on in the bathroom down here. I have my design wall cleaned off of a couple of small projects. Now I can start on Karlie's Minnie Mouse quilt. I have a place to put the blocks now. Sarah still needs to give me the embroidery program, especially since she is leaving to go camping down in the Bryce Canyon area for a couple of days next week. I would probably have most of the blocks made, if I get that from her.

Dinner - I have a corned beef in the freezer, that I will run upstairs in awhile for our dinner tonight. Need a planned run to the grocery store to get some fresh noodles to make Chicken chow Mein, that will be tomorrow's dinner. I have been craving some chinese food!

Not much else going on here - Matt got the wood chipping done on Saturday and didn't break Sarah's truck. She was worried about that.

Mary - with all that you are doing, you will need that trip to the coast to relax!

Lori - Sarah likes the Quilts, etc shop too. I think that is where she gets her wool from. We do have many quilt shops around here. Even lost a few over the past years.

Well, time to see what is going on in the other end of the Batt Cave,
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”