Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club September 8th, Tuesday

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
auntjana

Supper Club September 8th, Tuesday

Post by auntjana » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:04 am

Good windy morning!

Utah is experiencing hurricane force winds right now. My house is somewhat protected by the Oquirrh mountains to my west. I am nestled between two canyons up against those mountains. The damaging winds are affecting the big mountains to my east. Aaron has his hands full with overturned semi trucks. Most of those are north in the next county. Aaron was called out early. He is a big guy and is having a hard time standing out in the wind without being blown off his feet. He is unable to use his safety devices in this wind, so as he put it, he is a sitting duck. Gusts are in the excess of 100 mph!

Hope Lori enjoys her diverted flight. Don't know that she has been diverted, but many flights into SLC have been.

Definitely a soup day. Almost noon here and we are at 43 degrees! We turned on the furnace to warm up the house.

We have been advised to stay home, I can do that and sew, as long as we have power.

Stay Safe! And what's on your table today? Something good, I know!

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Re: Supper Club September 8th, Tuesday

Post by zfatcat » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:22 am

Jana, I'm driving this trip. I'll be up there for 2 weeks, and I'm bringing a dog. We are leaving tomorrow and staying overnight in St. George. Hopefully the winds die down before I arrive.
Looks like the weather should be nice the whole time I'm there. Looking for to the Quilt show. Some of my friends have quilts in the show.

Don't know what's for dinner tonight. I'm sure we'll figure something out. Nobody will starve.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:16 pm

Here's what happened at my house in the wind - this is my big swing set - now on it's side. Aaron is out there secureing it

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:14 pm

Yikes! Jonathan just posted on FB a line of trees that blew over. That's serious wind
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:57 pm

You should see Aaron's pictures of all the trucks up on that end of the valley - he was in Centerville Farmington most of his shift - he said that it look like a war zone - more than 60 trucks tipped over just in that stretch of road. He almost was squished between trucks as he was checking to make sure everyone was alright.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:47 pm

Yikes is right! Hope all are safe.

Lori - hope by the time you leave the winds are gone.

I have cleaned house most of the day. Nothing exciting here.

Tonight’s dinner is linguine and sauce.

Return to “Chit Chat”