Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, July 6th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, July 6th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:59 am

Good morning!

We have a cloudy 55* this morning, but should be partly sunny and 70* by this afternoon. Will finish packing the trailer today except for what we need in the morning before we leave - milk & Cheerios. :lol: Yesterday was filled with laundry, packing, hunting for DH's truck keys (didn't find them yet), some sewing, and, after deciding on yet another quilting project - fabric pulling, washing, cutting. I decided to do a Valor quilt for one of Autumn's library volunteers. At this time, our plan is to be in TX for the holidays. This quilt is in latest issue of McCall's magazine. I'd get up and go get the pattern and tell you the name of it, but I have a cat on my lap. We'll also be calling the Health Dept today and reporting the rats and the entire situation. Bill tends to sugarcoat everything, especially when dealing with the kids, but I have no problem telling it like it is.

ROSEBUD - nice that you have a nearby rancher willing to put on such a fireworks display for the community! All fireworks shows were canelled around here. So people did their own thing and, of course, we had several fires as a result. What block are you doing for the Christmas swap?

BECCA - looks like several of us have a "haying" background! Didn't it smell good during haying season?

TINA - I can picture Preston's excitement over the fireworks! I can clearly remember when I was his age and the folks told us we were going to go see the "pretties". OMG! I ran around in circles, jumping up and down, sqealing, "The pretties!! We going to see the pretties!" I have this vision of Preston doing almost the same thing. :lol:

JANA - your grands are quite the entrepreneurs! Admirable!!! They are learning a lot of life lessons. Wish they had a satellite office in WA! :D Your ice cream cake sounds too delicious. I could never make that - I'd eat the whole thing myself!

LORI - your poor fur-babies. There were a lot more private fireworks here, too, because the big displays were cancelled. Five hours is WAAY too long. Our pets aren't too bothered, but I did notice the bed was pretty crowded that night!

Supper tonite is going to be dibs and dabs of leftovers. Possibly all rolled into one dish. Dijon chicken and potatoes with some peas and kielbasa slices added in. How bad can it be?? :mrgreen:

What supper ideas are rolling around in your head?

rosebud3

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, July 6th

Post by rosebud3 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:07 am

Good morning...
I have laundry started, and moving on to the vacuum cleaner. Lol, I was going to start the laundry yesterday, but that never happened. Now I have to do everything today. Blah...

Mary, I am making a tree block. I'm sure there is a pattern for it out there somewhere, but I don't have it. I graphed it out to figure out measurements.

Supper tonight will be leftover pasta and salad.

Mary/Rosebud

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:18 am

Good morning!
Mary our low is higher than your high! Crazy!
I sure hope Bill finds those keys! Will you still be able to go if he doesn't?
Maryrose, I seem to do all my stuff in one day.....I don't know if that's a good thing or not.
I have pork laid out for supper, it's either going to be red Chile meat or posole....I can't decide yet.
I was awake at least every hour, I don't think I slept 4 hours total, ended up giving up at 4 and got up and then thought I could go back to sleep but by 5:30 I knew no more sleep was coming so I got up and sewed. My eyes are having a hard time staying open now.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:11 am

Good morning!

Awaiting Kate's arrival and need to leave in a couple of minutes to go get a grocery order.

Saw a list of the least chance of getting the virus and the most chances. The majority of ours are on the low end.

Dinner - unsure, depends on what Mikey wants to eat. I'm good with a bowl of cheerios!

Time to scoot!

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:25 am

Hello everyone partly sunny
Maryz Sure hope those keys turn up I wasn’t fond of the smell of hay

Tina Sure hope you get a break from the heat

Rosebud Nice that the Farmer puts the show on for all
Ours here only had fireworks you watched from a distance no togetherness like usual
Our neighbor went over broad I have never liked fireworks even as a kid He is a 1/2 mile away

Jana I like Cheerios but never eat them
Both our sons mowed yards & worked in hay & tobacco Denise worked at a youth center I worked at a swimming pool
We all grew up with jobs Think it’s great training CA worked with his Dad at Furniture Store

We got CAs blood work done got gas & headed home I’m having leftover black beans n rice I need to use Becca

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:09 pm

Good late afternoon! I’ve missed a few days again. But… busy! Yesterday I made four batches of blackberry jam before I ran out of jars. I had a couple of gallons in the freezer plus the berries I’d managed to find this year. Today when DH needed to go to town, I went along and stopped at Ace Hardware and picked up 3 dozen more jelly jars. I made a batch of jalapeno jelly and a batch of jalapeno blackberry. I do like spicy! It’s best with cream cheese and crackers.

Last evening I went out to get Covid in the far pasture. He was with his pals and wouldn’t come back with me. He turned his back and walked away!!! Fortunately DH had taken me out on the ATV, so I rode back with him instead of walking the half mile home. This morning DS1 and friend caught up all the cows and calves for vaccinations, etc., and “cutting” the little bulls. I walked over to see if Covid was with them since he stayed out all night. DS said Covid decided he WAS NOT going with the herd and hightailed it for home. When I went back to say I found him and put him in his pen, I got caught up and worked the herd with the guys. I was in charge of all the ear tags. We had cowboys wearing chaps—just like a big ranch, only we just have a few. I think DH counted 27 calves as they went through. The guys came over to Covid’s private quarters, and he got the works as well. Since he is a little guy, he got banded instead of “cut” That job is finished for another year.

I’m starting to need to get dinner fixing. I am making a spicy pork dish of some type, since I bought a pork tenderloin. It might be just medallions and rice and salad. Need to keep running… Bon appétit!
/color]

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:04 pm

Dang Chickie, that's a full day. Spicy pork sounds delicious. I would love to see the cowboys out there working.

Mary, cat on the lap get priority always. Emma had some lap time with me this morning. I just love my kitty lap time. So when you get a chance, tell up the name of the pattern. Hope you found the keys.

Mary/rose, sometimes it's better to get it all done at once.

Jana, sometimes I have Cherrios for breakfast and dinner. They are my go to food.

Tina, red chile pork sounds good too. I'm going to have to get a pork roast next time I go shopping.

I worked on the little lap quilt I started yesterday. I almost have all the blocks done. I also got my hairs
cut today. Oh it feels so nice to have it cut. It's been since February and it was really scraggly.

We will be having pizza tonight. I just ordered it online and it will be ready for pick up at 6pm. I'm make a salad to go with it.

Have a lovely evening.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”