Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, July 3rd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, July 3rd

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:01 am

Good morning,

I think it's going to be warmer today - upper 60's. The last few days I've had to wear a sweatshirt, even in the house! And we've had evening fires all week long. While the rest of the country steams. Not complainin', mind you, just sayin' . . I'll be out working in the yard today - after we go grocery shopping. We need a few things from Costco and from Fred Meyer's for our little campfire gathering tomorrow and for camping next week.

I think I've settled on a quilt to make for Autumn's teen mentoree. It's called Tulip Fields and is in the latest issue of BLOCK. They've even done it mostly in the colors I'd choose for Sammy which is always nice when following a new pattern. I can pull all the fabrics from my stash.

BECCA - you are wise not to watch much news. It's depressing. However we cheered as we watched the police move in and start cleaning up Seattle again! Sounds like your house and yard are all spiffed up and maybe today can be a porch day for you??

JANA - what do your placemats look like? I was thinking of making some for my sisters for Christmas . . .

LORI - I'm so sorry to hear your FIL lost his furry friend. So many changes in his life right now . . I'm sure Jack and Wrigley are willing to come lay their heads in his lap for some comfort. Your plaid quilt turned out nice - One day mine will be quilted . . . My quilter doesn't do much quilting during the summer. Or the winter either, for that matter. :lol:

ROSEBUD - leftover tacos can be better than first time around tacos!

CAROL - I was going to let my hair grow, too, until this pandemic was over, and I was curious to see how much gray their was. (I really thought there wasn't much - boy, was I wrong!!). But I just couldn't stand it any longer. She only cut about 2" off but I feel like I lost 5#! lol!

I think we might grill some marinated chicken tonite. Not sure what we'll put with it - perhaps salad and boiled potatoes.

What about your supper?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, July 3rd

Post by auntjana » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:29 am

Good morning!

Mary - these placemats Sarah made look like a slice of watermelon. The watermelon is in the center surrounded by a small nine patch in each corner. Very simple, and if I remember to take my phone downstairs I can get a picture to share. They are just three colors, green, red and white.

Dinner - maybe, sour cream chicken enchiladas. We will see...

I have heard two ways to call those gray hairs - symbols of wisdom or sparkles, either way, I have earned them!

Not much else here. Sewing sometime in the Batt Cave. Ethan will probably call and want to know what I am cooking for dinner - he checks to see if he wants to finagle as invitation, compared to what is at his house. Little pill!

Stay safe - Mask up!

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:41 am

Hello everyone sunny here but not too warm
Maryz No porch today Just got home & made lunch Stopped at Farm & got 2 gallons of strawberries 🍓 Got our Potato rolls from Bethany & ginger cookies and peach pecan Boy were they delicious I had never had a peach cookie
Your quilt for Sammy will be a beauty and know she will be thrilled
I too would have cheered the day the Police come in Its very sad to see our Country torn to shreds

Jana Your Ethan sounds just like our Keith was But those are precious days & will be great memories

Rosebud I hope you get a shorter day today

Lori Sorry about the doggie That was hard for him I’m sure

Irish You & BG enjoy your quiet weekend
Our DS is coming for CAs Birthday He got another surprise package yesterday from Denise
I will do my berries so no clue on meal yet Mine will be a salad & the roll Becca

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:55 am

Good afternoon from a very sunny, very hot, SW. Pa...Around here, most of the green grass in everyone's yards is turning brown.....And we have no rain in sight...Really is hard trying to figure out Mother Nature....Also, almost everything in our state has now been cancelled and the governor has mandated the wearing of masks when going out in public...Our covid cases are skyrocketing......AND yet people are complaining about wearing the masks....Sometimes, I just don't understand what makes people tick.....OK, enough of that......It will get better, I'm sure.....

Mary, I can't get over the difference in the weather..But, that's what usually happens in the middle of winter when I'm in my bare feet in Florida and up here everyone is bundles up.....I talked to Kathy last night and asked her if she had been to Tillamook Cheese Factory and she said, this time they didn't go up that far but have been there....Then she told me about another cheese place they found on their way home that has scrumptious bleu cheese....And, she also told me, she got her license and Wed. night married 6 people and tomorrow has weddings scheduled from 8:00 in the morning until 11:00 at night, every half hour...Said, the only thing she worries about is getting people's names mixed up, lol.....She's a funny gal and I can imagine she's loving this.....
A week or so ago, I was lucky to get my hair cut...After "trimming" it myself, a friend of my niece took pity and gave me a good cut (one of the best I've ever had)....And I'm with Jana, I've earned every one of my "sparkles" and show them proudly......

Jana, I'm with you in wishing the ban on fireworks...Right now, our grass is so dry it wouldn't take much to start a fire so I can imagine how dry other parts of the country must be...And, I feel so bad for all the animals that just shutter when they hear those noises....Ethan sounds like a very normal grandson, hope he never stops making those phone calls....Years and years ago, when we lived next to Jim's Mom, my kids would often "visit" Gram around dinner time...Heck, there were times, when I'd rather have eaten at her house too........No matter what, it always tastes better at Gram's......

Becca, You always have a busy day, it seems...And the goodies you talk about, makes my mouth water.....BG and I are going to have a good weekend and I'm hoping it's quiet....I never thought I'd be saying, I'd rather stay home with my fur baby, lol......

Lori, so sorry to hear about your DFIL's fur baby...But, thank goodness for your's...And thank goodness he has you and your DH......

Well, today seems like another kind of lazy day for me....Just the basic uglies....After bingo with my sister yesterday, I did my running around so now, I'm good until maybe Monday....
As for dinner, might be a sandwich or maybe just a salad.....

You all have a great rest of the day.......

Happy eating...................

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:18 pm

Mary, that's a really cute pattern for a teen.

Irish, they predicted Covid would go up once they started to open. The reason they closed everything, was so the medical facilities could be ready for it.

Jana, with my hair, I must be getting wiser by the day. lol

Well our governor has told businesses to close down again because of the rise in cases. Only he's keeping his winery open in Northern CA. Hmmm....how does that work? I have a feeling we are in for some really ugly times before this is over. Huntington beach is one of the few remaining beaches open this weekend. They sued our governor for shutting them down, so he won't touch them. However, Huntington beach has had several riots over the years. So since there will be lots of people there because it's open, that might be bad news for the city.

Well I got the house cleaned, sheets changed and 5 loads of laundry done. So I'm going to go sew now.

For dinner we are having potato salad, I made it last night, spinach salad with pecans, blue cheese, cranberries and raspberry vinaigrette, and grilled chicken on the bbq. I'm hungry just thinking about it.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”