Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, July 2nd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, July 2nd

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:47 am

Good morning,

We've had cool, breezy, and a bit wet weather this week and as we edge closer to July 4th, it's looking more and more "iffy". And us with a campfire planned. . . . Sigh.

Yesterday I noticed my hair salon was open! I've been very reluctant to go into any place like that but I did it because I couldn't stand my hair any longer. I was the only person in there besides my hairdresser. As she was cutting 2" off my locks, she told me that she had a male customer last March, just back from Italy (remember Italy's infx rate?), insisted he felt fine, but turns out he wasn't. And he gave her Covid. She was VERY sick, though managed to dodge a ventilator. She's the only person I know personally who has or has had this virus. She said it's AWFUL! She is high risk - almost 70, COPD, fighting cancer.

Not much else happening here - just waiting for the weather to straighten up so I can get outside. Never made it yesterday. Still working on Christmas swap blocks - the only WIP I have right now. Though my mind is already working on what quilt to make for a Christmas gift for a teen girl. We leave for camping next Tuesday for 4 or 5 nights on the Oregon Coast. I'd like to take the project with me to work on . . . But so far, I can't make a decision.

Some of you may have heard of the occupation of a part of Seattle by protesters? For almost a month they barricaded, protested, vandalized, terrorized, looted, camped in 6 square blocks. Residents were frightened to leave their homes, and businesses, just starting to open after being shut for 3 months because of Covid, had to close again. Some forever. There were 6 shootings, 4 resulting in death. When police tried to respond, they were pushed back and the mayor allowed it all - UNTIL - the protesters took their act to the front of HER house! Suddenly she cracked down, brought in police, sheriff's deputies, FBI. Had 3 dozen people arrested and finally order is restored to downtown. It was awful! The garbage, graffiti, and destruction left behind is a disgusting disgrace and will cost hundreds of thousands to clean up and repair. UGH!! So glad I live in a small quiet town.

TINA - sorry, I'm laughing about the mayo. It's such a male thing! Sometimes I think maybe lesbians are on to something - at least another wife could figure out how a kitchen works! lol!

BECCA - oh, you had to go mention window screens. And don't get me started on window tracks. Ugh!

JANA - we have enough cool temps - and 12 mph breezes - to happily share! And more on the way. Aaron's resume is really starting to bulge! Now he can add urban cowboy! lol!

IRISH - the only Rose of Sharon bush I ever saw was purple. So pretty! I think you definitely should go ask for some starts! We do most of our shopping at Costco. Which is why we have so many salads - 6 heads of romaine there is cheaper than 3 heads at Safeway. So even if we can't get it all eaten up it's still cheaper for us. And the chickens next door are happy to clean up any extra veggies we can't get to. They come running now if we even get close to the fence! And now they have some babies! So we need to buy even more veggies!

Tonights supper is decided. Sliced turkey kielbasa and veggie stir-fry over white rice. What are you having?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, July 2nd

Post by Becca » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:06 am

Hello everyone sunny here I got walk in Yard mowed & dust bunnies chased away
Now on to floors

Maryz I saw about Seattle but we watch no news All I saw was the bits they stick on news clips which I won’t look at or read
Such a waste of lives & property
Glad your hairdresser is better

We are having black beans over bed of rice with spring onions on top Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:25 am

Good morning!

Mary - the Seattle situation reminded us of the similar one in Oakland a few years ago. That one took place a block from Michael's office. It was so dangerous that he worked from home to stay away. The businesses in the area never came back. Happy haircut! Even though our little town has grown, it still feels small.

Becca - my dust bunnies are easily found, they are stuck on my sticky, dirty floors! Oh they need attention!

Dinner - last night's idea is punted to tonight.

Not much going on here. My grand gremlins left out all the toys in the Batt Cave, so I will pick them up. Placemats are done. All my July decor is out as well. I have more hangars arriving for my Skinnies. I ordered more than I need, but I know me well, and will fill those extra ones up!

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:06 pm

Mary, I bet it felt wonderful to have your hairs done. I am in need of a trim. I don't color my hair, have gray bits, but that's okay with me. I'm so glad to hear they finally did something about that group of radicals. It's so typical of government to not do anything until they are impacted personally.
If you keep letting them get away with criminal behavior it will evolve into more ugliness.

Jana, I need to make some place mats. What pattern do you use?

FIL is plugging along. He had to put his poodle of 14 years down yesterday, so it's a little sad at out house. I finished up the plaid swap quilt a few days ago, and now I can't seem to get going again. I guess it's all the change here. I'm sure I'll get back to normal someday.

Got all the shopping done, so we have lots of choices for dinner. I think Burgers on the grill with oven fries will be what's for dinner.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:56 pm

Everything here is more of the same including supper. I will be having the last of the left over tacos.

Mary/Rosebud

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:48 pm

Happy haircut Mary. I like Lori have only a little grey and it hides underneath mostly. I have decided to allow my hair to grow until this is over or I have been vaccinated.

Lori so sorry about your FIL dog. I'm sure he will miss having his companion.

Jana you are spoiling your grands picking up after them!

I made honey whole wheat bread this morning and have been busy with that and some laundry today. Last night I made spaghetti (gravy) sauce and we had it over spaghetti. Tonight I think I will add (cooked) ground turkey to it and serve it over macaroni shells.
PS I did get the webcam I ordered on Monday. (edit to add)

Return to “Chit Chat”