Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, June 25

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, June 25

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:28 am

Good morning,

Our friend, Danny, who had the brain surgery, is doing well. And there was a conference yesterday with Albert, his family, and his doctors about where he will go from here. I think to a rehab facility to get strength back through more intensive PT, and it has to be close to a dialysis center because right now he can't tolerate both a long commute and the several hours of dialysis 3/week. He's not a candidate for doing it in his home. But I'm anxious to hear how the conference went. After 3 weeks in the hospital, Al is willing to do anything to get out.

We had a long video chat with Autumn yesterday. She is in a good place after separating from Aaron, more content than I've seen her in years. We're pretty certain there will be a divorce. And we're OK with that. Her hubby is sweet but is like a 5 yr old who never grows up. She is exhausted after taking care of him for 18 years and giving up on all the things she wants in life because they mean nothing to him. They are amicable and dividing everything evenly - assets, debts, and cats.

Today we're off on a belated Father's Day picnic to Hurricane Ridge in the northern Olympics. Bill has wanted to take a run up there for many months, but unless you are a snowboarder, you wait until summer to go. I'm packing a lunch and we'll toss Scottie into the back seat and off we'll go for the day.

JANA - I Googled that Eschar (?) quilt and looks like it's more a style than one pattern. It should be challenging and fun! We have Winco's here but not close to us. There is one in Tacoma, 20 miles away, and one in Bremerton, 30 miles the other direction. We have two old empty grocery stores here and I have wished Winco would move into one of them.

CHICKIE - If you are a self-taught cake decorator, you are a very good teacher and an even better student! I get such a kick out of Covid. I've loved all your cow babies, but he seems to have even more personality than all the others - and they were full of it, too! :lol:

IRISH - Tim & Kathy are making the most of life! I hope my Autumn can one day find a Tim, too, as she goes forward. And you have a yard guy!? We have a yard gal. And that gal is me. Sigh. And our yard gal has been falling down on the job more and more lately. Is your yard guy for regular maintainance or is he doing a single big job for you?

LORI - You have been so busy cleaning up all those UFO's! Are you going to join Tina's Christmas swap when she posts it? I made a sample block yesterday and I think it's going to work for me. I can never resist any holiday, but especially Christmas.

Last night's chicken turned into Teriaki chicken with rice and salad. There are leftovers so that will probably be tonight's supper, too. We'll see after we get home from our day out.

FarmChick

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, June 25

Post by FarmChick » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:06 am

Good morning! DH has a doctor’s appointment—follow up on yesterday’s scan, so I have a little time to chat. I downloaded his scan results, and they seem good—no change. I’m sure the doc will tell him to keep hydrated in this sweltering heat as he works outside. I think that’s what got him in trouble last year.

Covid took off after breakfast yesterday and didn’t stick around under the house. So… at 8:00 last evening I walked out to one of the pastures where the cows were hanging out. I called his name, and sure enough, I heard the answering bleat. He came running towards me, licking his lips as he came. We made our funny procession walking back to the house—Boomer and Odie leading the way, then me with Covid alternating sucking on my fingers and butting my behind. He is STILL convinced that my rear end holds an udder like his friends’ mommies have. He’s never sucked a cow, but there is an instinct that thinks mommy should have one just for him! One of these days he will upend me! I have to be super careful. He had dinner in his pen and spent the night there. This morning after he ate breakfast, he took off to join the circus and run with the other calves. I’m not sure how much longer I will feed him. He doesn’t really like alfalfa hay or his calf manna pellets. He does eat grass. He is only about 3 months old.

Irish—I have powdered sugar everywhere as well! I guess it comes with the territory of mixing that frosting.

Mary—I don’t know if it is because Covid doesn’t have a pal here or because he is a little bull (my first), but he is very adventurous. The other calves used to butt me as well, and when there was a pair—well, I did go down one time with Blondie and Annie. I love the antics of the calves—perhaps because I didn’t grow up with them. I’m getting the reputation that if you don’t have someone in 4H that needs a bucket calf that I will take it. Oh well! I don’t mind, although it does get cold in winter! Have a fun picnic! Glad to hear Autumn is doing well. Sometimes a separation is the best thing for everyone. Hope Albert finds a good place for rehab and dialysis! That’s a big order!

Yesterday I made one of the fleece throws for DD and DGD. I used satin blanket binding—what a challenge! Slick, slippery and stretchy. I am ready to start the second and last one today. Then I’ll start on the 3-yard quilt for DD’s birthday.

Rosebud—I know the watering job is seasonal, but that would be the job I would want! All the plants and you don’t have to do the weeding! I’m sure your off season jobs aren’t as fun.

Lori—wish I could clean up my UFOs before starting new projects, but… I get distracted easily by new things!

Dinner tonight… TBA. It might be burgers. I’m just not inspired at the moment. I could just make me some soup and give DH burgers. Nothing calls to me right now. Except… I have some potatoes. Potato soup sounds pretty good. DH could have a burger with his. Thanks for letting me muse—I think I have it! Potato soup!!! (I can eat soup year around.)

Bon appétit!

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:18 am

Good morning from a very sunny, warm, Sw. Pa....A perfect summer day......

Mary, so glad you had a long talk with Autumn and knows she's content...It was probably a hard decision for her but I'm sure the best one...AND for sure, if and when the time comes, I hope she finds her "Tim"....And I can imagine, Albert is ready to break free...Hope and pray, the move is a good one and he'll get that strength back quickly.....
Love to hear about your picnic in the mountains...Sure does bring back great memories, some I hold very, very close......
My "yard man" is the husband of my realtor and does landscaping...The problem, they live an hour away and can only get here between both their jobs...But, he really did a lot yesterday, planted red rhododendrons Butterfly bushs, forsythia, lilies, a shrub called Sixteen candles, lots of hostas and I'm not sure what else....But, we ran out of mulch so this morning, I ran to Home Depot, picked up 10 bags along with 4 square pots of petunias that I couldn't resist, came home, unloaded the car and now have to jump in the shower and meet the gals for lunch...Also have to pick up some groceries and goodies for the weekend and then bake a ShoFly Cake.......Not sure when the mulch will get spread but it's here......It's kind of funny to watch the cars come down the street, slow down and take a good look at the yard..Probably saying, "Finally".......

So my day is planned and as far as dinner, probably left over from my lunch.....

You all have a great day.....

Happy eating...................

Sorry Chickie, hope I didn't stomp on you too hard......

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:23 am

Good morning!

Another hot day here. Michael is off to a Dr appointment. We had planned a trip to Costco, but he needs refills for his meds and the Dr fit him in early this morning. So now Costco is next week, Tuesday .

Dinner - morphed into potstickers and fried rice last night. So I have leftovers tonight. Things I found in the freezer looking for something to make.

Mary - a picnic in the woods! Fun! And a ride in the new car too.

Chickie - be careful with that teenager! He could get quite rambunctious!

Irish - on a trip up to Ft Bragg, we had dinner in a beautiful restaurant. The restaurant was built, hanging out on a cliff overlooking the inlet to the bay from the ocean, with an all glass wall. We ate at sunset, oh my, it was beautiful!

Not much going on here. Same old boring!

Stay safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:52 pm

Hello everyone Second try here First one was gone when I come back to read posts
UGH Denise & Mark got off Sure enjoyed the visit & all their help Mark has his next projects lined up lol
I got my bathrooms cleaned Bedding stripped washed & beds dressed Cousin called & we reminisced

Maryz I Hope they can find the perfect place for Albert Not an easy thing with both his issues
Enjoy your outing Sounds like fun
I Hope Autumn can find happiness & work things out

Chickie Your decorating was so neat & pretty But what else do we expect from you So talented
COVID has you around his hoof lol

Jana Sure you miss Ethans visits

Irish Your life is never dull Your yard will be the envy of the neighbors

Rosebud I would love your job But I would want to bring the plants home with me

I have leftovers Denise brought so much And on Monday our DGS & his worker come to install our ACHAV on Monday I’ll cook for them
Have a great day everyone Becca

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:27 pm

This morning it was already 71* when I went to work at 4:00 a.m.. When I came home the temp was 98*.

LOL, I am very tempted daily to bring home flowers. It is definitely hard to resist. This morning there were 4 crates of flowers that came in while I was off which no one unloaded over the last four days. It is difficult for me to water them properly while they are on the crates, so after watering the plants that must be watered daily, I uncrated them and merchandised them. By the time I finished, I was one hot, sweaty, tired puppy.

A young girl at work lost her grandma to the virus this past week. I'm thinking about getting a comfort quilt put together for her. I'm just not sure yet which blocks to make and use.

Supper tonight will be a salad. It is too hot to cook, and I'm tired of sandwiches.
Enjoy your supper fare.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Chit Chat”