Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, June 23

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, June 23

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:05 am

Good morning!

We're going to 81 degrees today but a little cloudy as tomorrow will be cooler with some showers. No complaints here! Bill is driving Tex back to Oregon today to get his repaired pick-up and it's going to be 90* there! It's about a 4 hour drive each way, plus he is stopping at the sew & vac place to drop off my Bernie for service and pick up our repaired vacuum (dropped off last Feb, but with the virus . . . . ). So I have the day to myself. It will be a lot like yesterday, I think. A couple hours of yard work and then off to the sewing room. I managed to work out my paper piecing project and finished my octagonal Halloween table topper. Not the backing, quilting, or binding, but the top is done and I'm pleased with it. And it looks pretty much just like the one that LORI posted a photo of a month or two ago. I copied her shamelessly. Once I got going, it was a fun pattern.

TINA - save some uglies for the next day! You don't have to do everything all at once. Sorry your heat is so intense. I always use my crockpot to make soup. Doesn't heat up the kitchen. And it's a nice light supper on hot days. And you can do the prep work in the cooler morning hours. Sorry you have Adam in your life. Maybe some day Holly will see the light . . . .

BECCA - you do a lot of yard work - some people love it and call it "gardening". I don't and I call it yard WORK. But if I didn't do it we would be living in Sleeping Beauty's castle - after the 100 years of growing seasons!

LORI - as usual, I like the way you think! Wine and a book should have been how I started and finished the day on Sunday. It definitely was the best part! :lol: Nice that you got to have your FIL with you for Father's Day. And even better - no cooking!

IRISH - I, too, thought Ft. Bragg was somewhere in the obscure east. Or south. But not CA! Sorry your friend can't fit into your community. That would have been nice for you both. Sounds like you and your sister got up to a lot of sisterly shenanigans yesterday! My sisters and I can have a lot of fun together, too. Good thing they both live in CO - away from me. Funny thing though - they don't like each other and never see each other unless I am there visiting.

JANA - Your Aaron is a blessing to so many people! I bet that little boys parents are still grateful today! We've been in the redwoods many times but I never knew about the train.

ROSEBUD - I'm exhausted for you! If I were working today, I'd have no energy for anything else.

CHICKIE - your life has been busy - as usual! I know everyone was impressed with all your beautifully decorated cookies and the rosary cake. But all that baking can sure make a mess! Covid is such a kick! He loves being with his buds and seems to be enjoying the 'sleepovers'with them. lol!

Our supper tonite is going to be - another idea of LORI's! - BLTA's. She mentioned them yesterday and they sounded so good. Then I realized I have all the goodies to make them. Easy peasy.

What's happening on your plate tonite?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, June 23

Post by auntjana » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:45 am

Good morning!

Well I am up and dressed, ready for a run to Costco. Now that has been put off until tomorrow morning. The lawns needed mowing, so that is this morning's task. The heat is on here, and tomorrow is the hotter day, so hence the flip in plans. My garden is coming along nicely. The potato plants are about a foot tall and doing very well. So are the rest of the plants in the middle tier of the great wall.

Dinner last night was a chicken stuffing casserole-- very tasty, a new recipe I found. Ethan was here for dinner, so I needed to find something quick. Sarah's DH had to be tested for Covid, a pre-screening for his rotten test on Friday. They are now in quarantine until her DH's test on Friday morning. Ethan is not pleased being stuck at home for these next few days. Dinner tonight is unknown for the moment.

Mary - you will make good use of your time today! I hope the truck is all repaired and ready to go when the boys arrive. My machine needs to go in too, but I haven't called the new place to see if they are taking machines in yet. The shop I bought her at has closed permanently, so I now have to go across the valley.

Hopefully I will get to sew in a little while. I did one window yesterday and have 20 more to do. One a day will be just fine with me. They are big windows, 4' x 5' each, and I do the screens as well. The windex outdoor spray didn't work, my hard water, so Mr Engineer is doctoring the spray stuff with a tad of Jet Dry, to see if that helps.

Well, while he is mowing, I am making a batch of Snickerdoodle muffins for my breakfast. I will freeze the extras as well, then I have breakfast for several days.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:03 am

Good Tuesday morning! Remember how wet we were a month or so ago? Not any more. We can use some rain—the farmers planted soybeans, and they need moisture to germinate. The ponds are shrinking—nothing dangerous, but some rain would be so nice! I have walking Choc on the agenda today and my sewing room. It’s nice to not have deadlines. We had showers in the forecast at 15% yesterday. I tried to encourage them to come by hanging out all my laundry yesterday. Unfortunately, or fortunately, everything dried on the lines and I didn’t have to make a fast run to bring it all inside.

Mary—nice for you to have a day to spend in your sewing room, after yard work, of course. I need to tie up some lilies that have fallen over. Yesterday DH and I put in a section of an old picket fence that I think will be a nice backdrop for them. I also need to water my porch plants as it’s an every day task. Looking forward to seeing your Halloween table topper! I certainly hope your today is better than Sunday!!!

Tina—I, too, like my crockpot or my rice cooker for soups. I’m not sure I could handle your temps this early in the year! “Dry heat” may seem cooler, but it sure dries everything out to a crisp including me!

Lori—I took your hint and had a short session with a book yesterday with my lemonade. Always nice not to have to cook!!!

Becca—our neighbors spend sun up to sun down in their yard. It’s always spectacular whatever the season, but I like my quilting time. We let the “wildflowers” grow, well, wild here. The Queen Anne ’s lace is blooming now as well as the wild daylilies.

Irish—I always enjoy hearing about your fun times with your sister!

Mary Rosebud—Are a lot of people coming out to HD these days? With people off work, there are a lot of home chores getting done. Your sandwiches sound delicious!

Jana—what are you making in the Batt Cave? Are you still doing the skinnies? One window a day is enough! Jet Dry is in my after shower spray, and it works! Next time I’ll add it to window washing—thanks for the idea! Those snickerdoodle muffins are wonderful!

Dinner tonight… I have leftovers. They might morph into fajitas. I have everything except fresh tomatoes, but I can make some pico using canned tomatoes. I’m the only one that eats it anyway. DH and I have a system—he picks out all the meat and I get all the veggies. Of course, I love peppers and onions!

Bon appétit!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:26 am

Chickie, glad you got some down time to enjoy a book. With your crazy life that must be a treat.

Maryz, I feel like a trend setter. lol Glad you got your paper piecing under control. I bet it came out really cute. I was just thinking about pulling out my Halloween fabrics yesterday. I need to get some projects ready for retreat next month, and I think I want something new.

Jana, thanks for the reminder about muffins. I have some fresh blueberries I need to use. Muffins it is.

Well I didn't make dinner last night. DH and FIL had a late lunch, I we just all did our own thing. I have sourdough toast with avocado. Either late lunch or dinner will be BLT w/avocado. I've been getting the best avocados at the farmers market every week.

The boys have been walked. Dh is playing golf this morning, so not much going on here. I will vacuum and maybe work in the backyard planter this morning before it gets hot. Then sew this afternoon.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:32 am

If I do it right, are some photos the cake and cookies chickie made for her great granddaughter’s Christening

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:36 am

purrfect-lady wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:32 am
If I do it right, are some photos the cake and cookies chickie made for her great granddaughter’s Christening

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:38 am

purrfect-lady wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:36 am
purrfect-lady wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:32 am

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:42 am

Wow...Chickie, those are beautiful.
Lori 8-)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:43 am

I've never mastered the art of posting more than one photo at a time, but if you wade through all my posts, you'll see all the beautiful creations Chickie made for the christening. Don't know why the cake posted multiple times, but I'm sure it was just too yummy to enjoy only once! :D

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:53 am

Mary, thank you for posting! I can't do one picture. Thank you all for looking!

Return to “Chit Chat”