Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, June 22

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, June 22

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:53 am

Good morning,

How was the weekend for everyone? We had a little excitement here. I worked in the yard for about 2 hrs and while out there we talked with Autumn in Texas. She gently informed us that, after 17 years, she and Aaron have decided to separate and she has moved to a new place closer to her library. (And I worked so hard on their Paris quilt for their anniversary in Oct. and that was to remind them of honeymoon memories. Sigh.) Then I decided to come in and bake an apple pie for Bill for Father's Day. I turned on the oven and soon had a nice fire going. The element had burst! Ratzlefratz!! I baked the pie in the trailer oven. Second time in as many months I've had to use that back-up kitchen. I've got my eye on the dishwasher now. The dishwasher in the trailer is ME!! I retired to my sewing room to work on my new project - a paper-pieced table topper. I did more unsewing than sewing, so then I re-retired to the deck to relax with a glass of wine and my book. Bill came out to BBQ our pork chops and we saw smoke and and smelled an acrid stench. Bill went to investigage and found Vicki burning her garbage again. She 'saluted' him in her usual fashion. And so went our day!

Today, I'll do a little more yard work, the garage door repairman is coming, and maybe I can figure out the paper piecing. It's like you have to sew backwards and upside down. Maybe if I stand on my head . . . . I did a whole clamshell quilt 3 years ago, all paper pieced. I know I can do this.

BECCA - what a fun Fathers Day surprise to have Marty and his friend come by! Better surprise than WE got, for sure!

JANA - sorry you missed out on an opportunity to visit Ribbon Candy. But think of all the money you saved! I hope Aaron and Kate find the purrfect house! Do you think they will be looking close to you and Sarah?

I have leftover potatoes au gratin and also leftover turkey kielbasa. I think I'll slice up the kielbasa and saute it with onions, nuke the potatoes, and build another big salad. I'm already hungry!

How's your supper plan coming along?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, June 22

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:48 am

Good morning!
Mary, sorry about Autumn, hopefully they will work out it.
Sorry about your oven, glad you have backups. I'm so glad I don't have close neighbors.
Jana, their skinnies are so awesome!
I'm going to be doing my watering but Jazmyne is going to help. I need to do laundry, dusty, vacuum, bathrooms and sew..... my day is over full but at least I'm not bored LOL
Yesterday was great, we all enjoyed it!
I totally agree with you all about Adam, I'm more bad thoughts than anyone I'm afraid..... there are days......
I'm thinking soup for supper because I need to use up some kale but we're too be 105° today 😭🥵😭🥵 so I'm undecided.
Well I'm off to do my to do list, I've already made breakfast and cleaned the kitchen 😉
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:07 am

Hello everyone sunny here
Yesterday turned out great with Marty’s surprise visit
The others called & FaceTimes Denise & Mark are coming this week
Maryz I’m so sorry about Autumn Praying they can work it out Poor Bill & his salute lol And your oven too That’s what happened to my last stove
Tina Your plate is full like always Take it easy with the heat I don’t do sunshine & heat We are only 70 today
I worked out side for 1 hr this morning Made lunch & will get back to finish my trimming project Cutting lower branches

We are having a surprise because I haven’t decided yet May grill again I love grilled food Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:23 am

Becca, how nice to get a surprise visit. Sounds like you had a great day.

Tina, you sound very busy. I'll be busy with things today as well.

Mary, so to hear about Autumn. Sounds like your day was a bit of a disaster yesterday. You should have started with the wine and book. That sounds like the best part of the day.

We went to Shane and Danelle's for dinner. This is the 1st father's day with Bill's dad. I don't think we have ever done a father's day with his dad in the 38 years we've been together. It was nice and the food was wonderful. Especially because I didn't have to cook.

I'm still thinking about what to have for dinner tonight. Maybe BLT w/ avocado. We'll see how the day goes.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:40 am

Good afternoon from warm, sunny, SW. Pa....There are showers in the forecast but not sure when they're coming...I think the "weather people" just kind of throw them in as fillers......

Oh Mary, you really did have a day, didn't you, complete with the special salute......So sorry to hear about Autumn...Reminds me of when Kathy told me but she was so afraid to tell her Dad, she didn't want him to be disappointed in her...But, how could you be disappointed in anything your kids do? And I also agree with Lori, you should have started with the wine and book 1st.....

Becca, there you go again, that energizer bunny...We can't keep up with you.....Loved hearing about your surprise visits.....Really smiled when you said, you were having a surprise for dinner....I think that's what I have most of the time, lol.....

Tina, I agree with the others, it's way too hot for you to be doing so much...Be like me, I'm really not lazy but I sure don't exert myself, lol....I can find more excuses to pick up a book, sit on the porch or just do nothing and let the world go by......

And yesterday, I really thought was going to be my "nothing" day until my sister called and said she was going to the Dollar Tree...Well gosh darn, put my shoes on and pick me up....I had left overs for Kevin so we had to stop and visit with him, then went to the store....Almost needed help getting into the house on the way back.....But, we did have fun.....
Talked to Kathy and they were in Ft. Bragg, which I thought was in N. Carolina but she told me this was the city in Cal. Pictures were gorgeous...It's hard to keep up with her, too.......
Today was laundry and that's about it...It sure doesn't take much to go through the house and make sure everything is in place...Have I mentioned how much I love, love living here???? The friend who had wanted to move here had to settle for another park...Our park has 8 empty lots and homes have been bought and ordered for those lots so we'll be full up.....It's going to be exciting when the new homes start coming.....
Not sure what dinner might be...Probably that "surprise" or maybe a burger on the grille..........

You all have a great rest of the day.....

Happy eating................

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:58 am

Good morning!

Irish - Yes, Ft Bragg is in California. There's a train - named the Skunk train that is a tourist railroad that goes through gorgeous redwood trees. We have gone and did that ride on the train. It is beautiful! Aaron also travelled there for a Search and Rescue mission. He found the lost little boy, in fact the boy ran into Aaron's arms. The boy was autistic and kept running away from the searchers. Aaron was in the right place.

Mary - what a day! Hope things go well for Autumn. That is such a hard decision to make.

Becca - you are the Energizer bunny! What a fun surprise!

Tina - you are too hot for even me! But we are heading to the 100's later in the week.

Lori - it is always good to have some one else cook!

Well, I will be cooking something tonight. Maybe a corned beef, but we will see.

Heading down to see in the Batt Cave.

Hugs,
Jana

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:26 pm

Good afternoon,

Supper tonight will be roast beef sandwich.

MaryZ - I went back to work 2 weeks ago. Sorry your oven blew up. It is no fun...glad you are safe though as it could have been a whole lot worse. It is sad to hear about Autumn and Aaron separating. Prayers that maybe they will be able to sort through the issues and work things out instead of throwing everything away that they have put into this marriage over the last 17 years.

Time to check the roast beef, hoping it is ready to cut to make the sandwiches.

I'm starting to fade for the day. I will return as soon as I can.

Mary/Rosebud

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:39 pm

Good afternoon! As usual, I’ve been gone from the table but snacking on the run… We are not starving for sure. Saturday evening we went to DS1’s for steaks on the barbie. Yesterday was mass followed by baptism for DGGD. She was such a good baby through it all, and just sooooo cute! Last evening was burgers and brats on the barbie with all the trimmings and sides imaginable. I took my cake and the cookies. The cake looked so pretty with the pink crystal rosary I ordered for the little miss. It turned out to be her first non-chewable rosary. Cake and cookies were yummy!

I’ve been cleaning house and doing laundry—trying to get all the sugar and flour off the floor and out of the grooves. It sure looks better than it did!

I’m trying to keep up with everyone, but I need to go bring in my laundry. Covid had a big breakfast this morning, and I haven’t seen him since. He has been staying out all night frequently and showing up for morning feed. He’s growing up so quickly!

Dinner tonight will be lots of leftovers from the last couple of evenings. I’m thrilled to not be cooking, as you know! I apologize for this not being personal today. Must get busy!

Bon appétit!

Return to “Chit Chat”