Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, June 21st - Father's Day!

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, June 21st - Father's Day!

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:39 am

Good morning!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads, step-dads, dads-in-law, "like-dads",and late dads. God love them all! Scottie and I are taking Bill on a picnic to celebrate up to Hurricane Ridge in the northern Olympics - his wish. But supposed to be a little rainy and cool here so we're going on Tuesday instead.

I finished cleaning/restocking the trailer. Bill vac'd and I just need to wash Scottie's rugs. I'm holding off on mopping the floor because Bill is planning to do a little work in there and he always makes a mess, going in and out.

Today might be a little yard work - depends on the weather. And for sure it will be a little sewing. I want to try my hand at paper-piecing that Halloween table-topper like the one LORI made a few months ago. I loved that project and then my AP&Q mag had almost the same thing so I pounced on that! Got my fabrics ready to go. Love having a big stash!

BECCA - I love that your DGS facetimes you every week! We are planning a Sunday ride up to his area sometime this summer to check out all the campgrounds on the rivers there - the Hamma Hamma, Duckabush, & Dosewallips. When I was a kid that's where we did almost all of our camping and my parents spent their honeymoon camped on the Duckabush back in 1934. It's prudent to check out the dirt roads and old campgrounds before dragging that a 30' trailer into the mountains. Things change. When we go, I'll take some photos and share them with you so you can see it of the country.

IRISH - I'm betting Kathy will love her new job. Business might be slow right now - or it might be interesting as couples try to come up with different ideas to have weddings in this new climate of quarantine. She is so energetic! There is lots of wine country in Oregon. Mostly pinot grapes. Not our favorite wine so we don't go tasting there too often, but maybe we should try to expand our horizons a bit . . . May wineries allow RV's to overnight in their vineyards - for free. Maybe they should get an RV . . . And they could park here sometime if they ever want to "do" western WA and want a place to headquarter while they take day trips. And you could fly out to visit them and stay in our 'guest house' and tour with them. Other friends have done this. Good luck with Baby Girl at the groomers. I've never taken a cat to a groomer. I try to have self-cleaning cats. And BTW, she probably would prefer it if you didn't make the bed. Cats like to snuggle in messed up blankets. A good reason to skip a chore in my book!

TINA - I'm relieved Adam tested negative. But still - shame on him for putting his fun before his family's health and safety. Maybe Jaz could stay with you and you could give her the watering job . . . . So sweet of your DDIL to invite you to celebrate Father's Day with them! Outside and distanced should be plenty safe! Enjoy!

LORI - I agree with you and JANA - Utah has some of the most fun outdoor activities in the country! So does WA, except WA isn't ATV-friendly. And UT has the best ATV riding of all! I bet your son would love that! We sold our ATV after 10 years of dragging it to UT to ride. From now on, we'll simply rent one there.

JANA- Such a cute little boy at your church! I do something similar with chix - either pound chix breasts thin or cut them into "steaks", and roll them up with ham and cheese. Bread and bake. Sometimes I make a white sauce and add Dijon mustard to it to pour over when serving. My DBIL from CO and all his family will be in Richfield, UT for a few weeks to ride the Piaute Trails over the Fourth. MY sis isn't going this trip. She finds when Gr-Gramma goes, all the little kids get left to her to supervise. We're talking 3 pre-schoolers. So she is staying home alone this trip and doing her own thing. I love working from my stash. I kind of make a game out of it, trying to sew without buying. I got 6 quilts from my orphan units and blocks, I've made 3 string quilts from narrow strips I have been tossing into a bin for years, my crazy quilt will be a king when I'm done (all from scraps), and I have two other quilts from orphan squares in the works. That's all without touching my actual yardage collection. Maybe I have too much . . . . :lol:

Friends asked us to come over to their house yesterday for an impromptu, outdoor, distanced Happy Hour. 4-6pm. It was 74* and sunny when we left our house. By the time we got to their place - 1 mile away - it was raining! We huddled under two giant patio umbrellas and feasted on cheese & crackers, and a bottle of wine, so by the time we got home, we weren't feeling like cooking a big meal. So we had canned soup and toast. Our thawed pork chops got put on the back burner, literally, so that's the plan for tonite. Plus scalloped potatoes and salad.

Got any ideas yet for your supper?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, June 21st - Father's Day!

Post by auntjana » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:25 am

Good morning!

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful men in our lives. They are such blessings!

I am here by myself. Sarah and Michael are heading down to Payson to figure out a sod snafu. Payson is about 90 minutes south and also the home to the Ribbon Candy Quilt Company, the one's that make all my Skinnies patterns. But alas, it is Sunday and they are closed, and I don't shop on Sunday, so I am here. Now if this trip was tomorrow, that's a whole different story!

Dinner - well the soup was punted to another night. Michael is still wanting bland. So here, it may be a late brunch of hashbrowns and eggs, when they get back.

I brought my glasses up from the Batt Cave, so I can see to thread a needle and get some bindings sewn down. I have a who.e pile and some of Sarah's too.

On my snafu, the ugly, that's a compliment, bedding was returned and Matt's account has been credited. We gave them a check to pay for my quilt cabinet and the shipping charge for the return. So all that is now straightened out. Matt was updating his finances and that is how he found the mistake. He is looking to refine his house at a much lower rate. Aaron and Kate, too, are looking, to buy a house as well in this market. Their townhome value has increased by more than 50 percent since they purchased it about two years ago. That gives them a very nice chunk for a down payment and not increase their monthly payment.

Well, my laundry is singing at me, better change and put in a new load.

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, June 21st - Father's Day!

Post by Becca » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:06 pm

Hello & Happy Father’s Day to all the Dads We had a nice surprise visit from Marty & his friend They come loaded with goodies from the Bakery for CA
It was fun to visit with them & get hugs long overdue

Maryz Our DGS & his family camp I know they live in a beautiful area because he has sent pictures The Mtns are very pretty
He has always been close to us He grew up close by

Jana Sorry you couldn’t go & see your shop

We are fixing to get rain Has been a beautiful day
We are having grilled chicken with steamed cabbage. Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”