Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, June 20th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, June 20th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:13 am

Good rainy morning!

Yesterday I got most of trailer cleaned and most of laundry done. Hope to finish it all today. And boy, do I have yard work to do! I think I'll be dividing my time between the yard and the sewing room next week. When I'm done with all this home-coming stuff, the house will also need a good dusting and vac'g, and let's not forget the bathrooms . . . :| Also, yesterday, our friends who broke down east of Portland called. Their truck won't be ready until next week so Bill offered to drive down and pull their trailer home (they live 7 miles from us). They were so grateful! 425 mi round trip. Took him 8 hours. I did more laundry, embroidered my 38th state bird & flower block, and watched TV until he got home. Too tired for anything else.

JANA - sorry about the loss of your friend. I missed that post. Personally, I think your Daniel made a smart move to not go back to Bay Area. I grew up a farm girl and love my somewhat rural lifestyle. Your dinner sounds delish! How do you make your pseudo chix C.B.?

BECCA - Beth's bakery is really taking off! She has some yummy sounding treats! Family hx is fascinating. I have a site on Ancestry.com and worked on it diligently for years until quilting began to consume all my spare time. I found a distant relative who had done a lot of research but I had no idea where in the country she lived as most of those distant folks were - well - distant! NY and PA for the most part. Turns out she was only 40 miles away from me! And before she died she gave me all her research.

IRISH - I didn't know Kathy was starting a new business! Is this going to curtail her traveling and playtime?
Our friend, Tex, also has a license to marry folks. And he was also the DJ and dance instructor at receptions. (Bill and I met in one of his dance classes ).

ROSEBUD - are you back to work? And how is it going? You were still off work when we left for camping.

TINA - sorry for the loss in your family. So many of these deaths are frustratingly needless. I hope Adam tests negative. You sure don't want it coming close to your immediate family! But an excellent reason to ban him from your home for a while! :D

LORI - haha! We're #1! We're #1! Love the way you think! You've been busy at the sewing machine! I just can't quilt on my regular machine. My chiropractor simply doesn't need that many boats!

Well, needless to day, we didn't grill pork chops last night since Bill was gone from 2:30 to 10:30. I sent a turkey sandwich with him for the road and I had Cheerios, the Supper of Champions. And today is raining, though our deck is covered (it's where I'm sitting as I type this and right now it's POURING!) so if it's warm enough, we could still grill tonite. If not, I'll bake them. I found a few old potatoes that need to be et, and I have fresh salad makings.

How's your supper story coming along?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, June 20th

Post by auntjana » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:11 am

Good morning!

Mary - cheating c.b. is really easy. I use the breaded frozen chicken patties - the ones from Costco are really good, a slice or two of thinly sliced deli sandwich ham, and swiss cheese. Bake the chicken as directed, when the time is almost done, put some cheese on, top with ham, then more cheese and bake until the cheese is melted and gooey. You can make a sauce, but I don't. Makes a good sandwich too, on toasted ciabatta rolls, with lettuce, tomatoes, etc. Bill is such a good friend! Matt is packing up his rig, they are heading out to Coalville this week. Not too far, he will work from there and commute in as well. About a hour from here.

Not much going on here. Aaron and family will be home this afternoon. They were up about a hour south of here camping, in American Fork canyon. Around here in Utah, you just pick a canyon, from many, to camp in the trees.

There is a cute little boy, Hudson, the Bishop's littlest, who always comes and says hi to us at church. He is 5 and always gets the paper copy of the bulletin. Well, the church, due to stopping the spread, are not using paper bulletins right now. We are doing them electronically. Well, Hudson just had to have his paper copy, so went looking around the building, until he found some very old paper bulletins and then went and passed those out, to who was there. Guess we do make a impression on people, even little ones.

So glad I have stash. I am practicing being like my pioneer ancestors in making quilts. Scraps are wonderful to have! Now I need to learn that you just grab from the bag and sew what comes out next to what you already sewed.

Dinner - I think that lasagna soup will make it's debut.

Stay safe!
Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:39 am

Mary, that was really nice of Bill to go get them. Cherrios is on of my favorite dinners.

Jana, Jonathan love that there is so much to do in Utah. He bought a Kayak a few months ago and has been taking it out almost every weekend. He's loving the outdoor life.

Well yes I started sewing again. Yay! I need to get the binding on another quilt, then I'll have 3 done for charity. I just have one more of those to do, then on to my own quilts. I layered my Bowtie quilt from the swap, so I want to get that one done this weekend.

I think we will be leftovers for dinner, or maybe cereal. Mama needs a break from cooking.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:29 am

Good morning!
Mary, Bill is a great friend! I love cheerios! I think you need a relaxing do nothing day.
Adam is negative for the virus. But Jazmyne still doesn't want to go home LOL Frankie said we need to put her on our taxes 🤣😂
Rosie and Duncan are at the groomer, I took advantage of that and got the front yard all done. My one crepe myrtle tree seems to be doing good! So far the other one hasn't come out.... I'm still watering it!
We're going to have chicken fajitas for supper.
Tina

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:04 am

Good afternoon from warm, semi sunny, SW. Pa...A perfect day to get something done and so far, I've only made the bed...But, Baby Girl and I have had a lot of quality lap time....

Mary, I can imagine how tired you'd be from all that cleaning...Just thinking about it makes me tired...And for Bill to help out your friends, that's really special...Maybe you should hang onto him awhile longer.....You eating Cherrios brought back some memories...Chris ate Cherrios every morning for breakfast and then sometimes in the evening before going to bed...When he 1st went into the hospital, we teased him and said, they'd probably find Cherrios on all the xrays...Would you believe, after that, he stopped eating them......
This wedding business Kathy is helping with belongs to a couple...She met them at the PO when they'd come in to mail the videos and asked Kathy if she'd be interested...She did explain how they like to travel and would have someone to cover for her...And speaking of traveling, she's off and running today...Going to Napa, then Oregon and who knows where else...She also has plans to come home in August, then the beginning of October for Lena's birthday and the beach and then December for a wedding, right before Christmas...In between, they have 2 other trips planned so I'm not sure how many weddings she'll be doing, lol.....She was funny when telling me about observing and how she got teary...I told her the same thing happened when I did the weddings at church...Most of the people were strangers and I still got teary, especially when the organist played Ava Maria......I do miss those "wedding days"....

Jana, for sure, there is so much to see and do in Utah...One of Kathy's favorite states to visit...I've only been through twice and that was to land at the airport....One of these days, Kathy promises to show me the sights.....Lasagna soup, that sounds interesting......

Tina, you just reminded me to give the groomer a call....It's one of those things I keep avoiding, mainly because getting "her majesty" in the carrier sometimes leaves me with scratches and then she'll cry the whole way to the shop...BUT, be a little angel while she's there......My next trip to Petsmart, I'm getting a harness and a leash, (which could also leave me with scratches)......I think Jazmyne is a pretty smart gal to want to stay, who wouldn't????

Lori, enjoy your cereal and I agree, Momma needs a day off...I wish I could get back to sewing..My machine is sitting here, with blocks piled high, just waiting...Kevin just asked if I'd make him a special mask...He gave me the little purple pouch you get with Crown Royal written on it and thinks that will be neat....Might get to it today, might!

I really do need to do something, even if it's wrong as our late, dear friend, Bob, in Florida always said....I do have to water the plants, Mother nature is sure shirking on her duties...No card playing tonight, half the gals are away so that means, I don't have to make any goodies.....Really should run the vacuum around but that's about it....I can't get over how easy this house is to take care of...Still living in that dream.....
As for dinner, probably a poached egg and toast.....

You all have a great rest of the day...Give all those father's an extra hug......

Happy eating.......................

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:37 pm

Hello everyone sunny here today
Maryz Bill is a special friend to have That’s one thing about camping the cleaning up afterwards But it is fun
Yes Bethanys bakery is going really good

Tina I’m so sorry you lost your BIL Praying for your sister
What a relief that he isn’t positive I too would wNt to stay at your House He isn’t thinking of his family’s welfare

Jana I’m sorry you lost a friend The Little boy sounds so cute

Irish Kathy really is on the go Maybe she
Inherited her passion for Weddings from you

I went to the Farm & got a gal of strawberries They are now in the freezer
Our DGS did his Saturday FaceTime visit with us
I will make BLT for CA I will have a salad & grapes Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”