Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, May 11th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, May 11th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon May 11, 2020 8:47 am

Good late morning!

My computer was updating itself this morning. I hate when it does that. It messes with my stuff. So while it did that, we went to Home Depot and then, while we were out and near the walking trail, we did our usual walk. Then home to shower and get bread mixed and raising.

My brother, Albert, is feeling better and his labs are looking better. Probably a correlation there . . . . However, preliminary biopsy shows ca but I'm not sure where. He had several in his kidney and nearby lymph nodes. His doctor said "don't get concerned yet. Later test results will be more definitive and if you have ca (again) we'll deal with it." Well, we were taught in nursing school to break bad news in stages. So I suspect this is what doc is doing. But for now, Albert seems more upbeat that he has in last several days.

LORI - you have a lot of work ahead of you getting ready for dad! What is a mosaic room? I don't think I have one . . . .

CAROL - interesting fact about root beer. It's my soda pop of choice on the few occasions that I drink pop of any kind. Nice to keep the Mothers Day traditions alive.

IRISH - hope the beach thing works out for you. It would be nice just to be able to walk in the sand. Swimming on ocean beaches here isn't fun - VERY cold with dangerous rip tides, so walking is all we do. Funny that you made the same date mistake I did. If I'd cross stitched this label, there would be no problem fixing it. But I did it in permanent Identi-pen and machine sewed it on REAL GOOD with tiny stitches. I'm still thinking about this. . . .

JANA - sorry about the tablet. I use my laptop when we're home and my phone when we're on the road unless we settle in somewhere for a long time. But my phone updated itself about a month ago, I lost EVERYTHING I'd saved on it, and now it's really hard to get on QIAD at all! Why is it that the technos always think their "improvements" are improvements??

BECCA - I think an elopement and then a reception at a later date would be nice. Autumn and Aaron were married at their home with about 18 people there. Then the next week they had a reception for 75 in a hall. It worked out well, except I always have to think - married on the 19th, reception was the 26th. And that's probably the root of my mistake on the date label.

I'm going to make a one-pot meal tonite from leftover chicken, rice, and veggies. Salad on the side. After 2 days of 80's, today will be mid-70's and tomorrow will be a rainy 62*. So I think chicken soup for tomorrow filled with lots of carrots and celery. (when you buy your carrots and celery at Costco you put a lot of them in just about everything! Maybe I should make a carrot cake . . .)

What's bubbling up in then menu-planning part of your brain?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, May 11th

Post by gershwin64 » Mon May 11, 2020 8:57 am

LOL you typed faster than me Mary 🥰 I'll be back.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon May 11, 2020 10:17 am

Mary, wow...you've had a busy morning. I walked the dogs and made pancakes and I thought I was ahead of the game. lol Glad you brother is doing better. A Mosaic room is where Bill was doing his mosaics, which was formerly the sewing room. Soon to be the sewing room again.

Hi Tina.

I'm going to make a salad with leftover chicken. Nothing fancy.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon May 11, 2020 10:38 am

Hello everyone sunny here but we still have wind Got my walk in too
Had to get more Birthday things ready fo
r mail & wedding gift
Maryz So glad Albert is more upbeat Maybe it will be ok I pray

Tina Hello been missing you & hope alls well at your house.

Lori I’m sure you will be busy preparing for your change Funny how we name rooms

And I made a big pot of spaghetti sauce I wish I could make it small but guess too
Many years of big lol
I am going to get on my walls washing them down in bathroom And do floors
We are having spaghetti and salad Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon May 11, 2020 12:18 pm

Good afternoon!

I got the wedding masks all done and even got a picture posted. Sarah approves too. Of all the ones that I have made, I did enjoy making these.

I am on my main computer downstairs - so much better than my phone to post from! I am working on the cat quilt - I have all the little pieces ready to put together in their bigger parts and then fuse the all of those to the background. Then I will get them stitched down. I am debating with myself - yes I do that - on whether to use the color of each piece or to do it in black. The background is white TOT and the cats are all different light colors of beiges, so I am leaning toward the same color as the cats etc, not black. I am now fussing with getting the faces of the cats in the right place. There is not a layout sheet to use as a template, just a color picture of the finished quilt.

Dinner - It may be corned beef - I have one in the freezer or the good old standby, chicken something!

Mary - you are busy! I placed a order with JoAnn's last Friday and most of it is shipped today! Whoo hoo! The one thing that I am getting low on is white thread - that was not shipped, even though they said it was in stock. Hope it gets here soon!

Tina - you just didn't type quite fast enough! LOL Hope you are enjoying the nice weather - I sent you the good stuff last week - we are back to being a tad cold - worrying about the tender garden plants. Most are still in the greenhouse here.

Becca - Over cooking - that is what a freezer is for! We just keep eating out of our freezer - I like that - no cooking for a day or two or ten!

Lori - It is so good of you to rearrange your life to help out. It will be so much better to know short distance, rather than so far away, that all is alright with your FIL.

Well, these cats are not going to assemble themselves -

Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon May 11, 2020 6:04 pm

Today was a beautiful afternoon, cloudy morning. I got a good walk in while it was cloudy. I am polishing the wood floors and worked in the living room today. I only did half of it. (It is easier on my back.) It looks much better and will entice me to do the rest.

I also decided to clean up my e-Mail account since I had over 700 e-Mails. Most I just threw away and wonder why I keep so many. However I get one that has now disappeared but was quite intriguing. She is connected to quiltsinc.com. In the e-Mail she talked about a book written by Ricky Tims and Kat Bowser. The book is called "Lizzy Albright and the Attic Window". Ricky Tims and Kat Bowser have recorded reading it and then they talk about each chapter. The setting is in Kansas in December 1964. I am really enjoying listening to it and thought you might enjoy it as well. https://www.lizzyalbright.com/listen

Tonight's supper will be marinated grilled chicken breast; potatoes, salad and peas.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon May 11, 2020 6:51 pm

Hi everyone! I'm back! LOL
I did lots today and can say I have clean clothes to wear again LOL
It was cooler today, so thankful for that!
I finally finished all my uglies around 2 and then took a bath. Frankie dusted for me while I was in the bath. I had a clean house, the kitchen is calling me again, ugh.
I have mosquito bites so bad! They are driving me bonkers with itching, I'm trying not to scratch. Any remedies?
Our supper was good, Dad said he wasn't sure if he liked it because it tasted sweet to him, I tasted more of the hot mustard LOL we have leftovers and Frankie said he liked them so we're good for lunch Wednesday.
Sorry to cut this short but I need to scoot.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon May 11, 2020 7:00 pm

Tina, take Benadryl before bed. It helps a lot with the itches.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon May 11, 2020 7:41 pm

Tina- dab the benadryl with a cotton ball directly on the bite - our DR taught me this when my kids were little.

Return to “Chit Chat”