Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Mothers Day Sunday!

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Mothers Day Sunday!

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun May 10, 2020 6:39 am

Good morning,

Happy Mothers Day to you all! Going to be a strange year with no kids or grands as we all keep socially distant. But we'll find other ways to celebrate - through windows, by car parade, Facetime, phone, FB, flowers, etc.

I'll be celebrating with the Maytags. We've all been together for almost 28 years now and it seems fitting I've spent more time with them in the last 28 years than with all my kids put together! :lol: And it's going to be a line-drying kind of day today! 8-) We were considering visiting Albert in his Seattle Hospital but visitors aren't allowed. He insisted they were but turns out he was wrong. Just as I suspected . . . So I think I'll work on my lotto blocks and maybe my spring swap blocks. Or maybe my crazy blocks. I made more masks and have more scraps now. I mailed off my bunny baby quilt yesterday and posted a photo of my yo-yo quilt in progress and also one of my Paris quilt. This is an anniversary quilt and somehow, even though I wrote it all out on paper beforehand, I put the wrong date on the quilt! Autumn was married Oct 19. Yet, when I did the label, I put Oct 21. WHY??? I'm considering my options. Try to get the label off and make a new one? Try to write over the numbers? Cover old label with new label? Let it go and hope she doesn't notice? I have time.

LORI - glad your order came. Hope mine arrives soon. I still have 3 "in transit". Nice that Dad is on board with the idea of moving. Still going to be a long time til your DH comes home. I hope the trip goes smoothly for them. Are motels open? If not, they probably will be by then, right? Your patio sounds a lot like my deck. So relaxing!

BECCA - I hope your day is an easier one today. Glad you got the wedding stuff done. I'm sure the video, while a struggle to make, ( at least it would be for ME!) will mean so much to the bridal couple. Are they the ones who planned to be married on the Parkway?

IRISH - your Kathy is just the best daughter! She could give daughter lessons! How far is the beach for you? And what beach? Is it a day outing or do you rent a room/house/cottage? Have you run this plan by Baby Girl? Glad the eagles are doing well. I'm not too happy with our owls here, either! They hoot all night long so Scottie barks all night long so I am awake all night long.

JANA - your Sarah gives Irish's Kathy a run for her money in the daughter department! And Becca's Denise is also a gem! I'll let Bill know his tractor part has been found! lol! What are those odds? We lose, you find, all on the same day! Love your tote. It's a great pattern. You could always make a flashy blue tie to put on one handle and call it red/white/blue!

Since it's going to be so nice today, we're going to take advantage of it and grill chicken. Rice pilaf and salad will finish off our dinner tonite. What's your supper story?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Mothers Day Sunday!

Post by Becca » Sun May 10, 2020 8:03 am

Happy Mother’s Day to all Hope it’s filled with love & smiles Since hugs are out

I have had calls texts & FaceTimes already
It will be quiet but I can enjoy my cards & gifts Most of all I’m so grateful for my DD & DSs that I’m blessed with

Maryz That is the couple that was getting married on the Parkway They plan to elope Don’t know if they plan later plans or not
The video was a big task but I persevered & got it sent Her Mother is doing it for a surprise for them
Your quilts are both stunning I love yo-yos but have never seen one like yours very pretty

Jana Your tote is so cute I can see why Sarah wants one

Lori Good to hear thatFIL has lived there before That will be a big help I wish you & DH the very best with the move
Lori I am amazed at how you cook for yourself I’m afraid I would not be as motivated

Irish Our DDs are a great gift to have I will be so glad when mine come visit again

We have leftovers so I don’t have to cook
Yippee Have a wonderful day everyone
Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun May 10, 2020 8:31 am

Happy Mother's Day!

Had a nice long post composed in my head, but my tablet went kaput! So now I only have my phone. Michael is looking at buying a couple of laptops instead.

Dinner - white banned chowder. I am on being bad all this week.

Hugs,
Jana

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sun May 10, 2020 12:24 pm

Good afternoon and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY from a warm, sunny, SW. Pa....The weather really turned out nice after a chilly, Sat.....

Mary, It really is a strange Mother's Day but have had lots of messages and texts so even though strange, it's good....I do have to agree about Kathy, she really is special....Has a lot of Jim in her......One of her time share's is in Virginia Beach...Not sure if the beach will be open for anything other than walking but the place does have 2 pools and a large porch overlooking the ocean, so give me a lounge chair and I'm all set...She has asked her 3 kids, their spouses and of course this old lady (someone has to keep them all in line)....So, we'll see what happens......It's a good thing you didn't make the trip to the hospital and then find you couldn't visit...I think around here, they are getting more lax but I still think it's too soon...
I had to chuckle about the mistake in the date but been there, done that....I had cross stitched Kathy and Tim a wedding sampler and of course put the wrong date on it...Then the next time I flew out, I took floss and needle and corrected it....Too many dates to keep straight....Enjoy your day with the Maytags......

Becca, I imagine it would be a job making a video, I wouldn't know where to start but just think how it will be treasured....No matter how this couple get married, it will be special.....

Jana, YOU being bad???? Hard to believe......But, at least you admit it, there are some of us (me) who tries to keep it hidden...lol.....You really have me thinking about making a new tote....I've used the same pattern for years and I really need to get with it and change my style.....

Lori, I seem to always leave without telling you HI...Hope your day is special and all is safe and well in your household......

Really not much happening today....It took me until almost noon to decide if I wanted to get dressed or not...I figured, if I decided to walk to get my mail, some of the neighbors might not appreciate my "clownish" PJs and fuzzy slippers...I'm still new here and need to make a good impression, right????Give me a couple of months and then the true me will emerge......

As for my dinner, I'm thinking of ordering a pizza AND there is a Dairy Queen type place just down the road that gives free sundaes to Moms today....Jim would always say, he was treating me to a sundae and we would stop...Of course I did the same thing to him on Father's Day.....

You all have a great rest of the day......

Happy eating..................

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun May 10, 2020 1:38 pm

Good Afternoon!
Happy Mother's Day to all of you!
We are in morning clouds and afternoon sunshine. We call it May Grey. Actually, I really like it. I don't like it when there are clouds all day, but it is nice to have it a little cooler in the morning.

Today was the day I clean the master bedroom. I polished the floor today. I have really not done a lot with the floors for a long time and they really all need to be done, so I began today. That really isn't completely true, because I did the TV room about a month ago. It needs it again. The reason I didn't do it was the cat was vomiting every other day. She has stopped. She is so much better. (We changed her food.)

Tonight's dinner is steak, mashed potatoes, broccoli and salad and garlic bread toast. Although I am not a Mom, my DH and I are celebrating our Moms like we do every year. His Mom died in 1970 and mine in 2014.

Enjoy those safe distancing visits with your family and friends.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun May 10, 2020 2:43 pm

Forgot to mention this during this week in 1876, the Philadelphia Centennial Exhibition was opened and sassafras-flavored Hires Root Beer was introduced to a thirsty nation. This fact according to Susan Wittig Albert one of my favorite authors. Sassafras was outlawed by the FDA because of a link to cancer. Of course you would have to drink 24 Gallons of Sassafras Root Beer a day to get as much as they gave to the rats. I always have enjoyed root beer floats in the summer, so thought you would enjoy knowing this fact!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun May 10, 2020 3:01 pm

Mary, big Oops on the date. Hope you can fix it. I have 3 orders coming in someday also.
I have a feeling they might end up with your iron, where ever that might be. Our plan on getting FIL here is for me to fly out and fly him back with his little dog. Then DH will drive out stop in Oklahoma at his cousins house and then in Arizona. I think the long drive would just be too much for him. So now I need to start reorganizing my house. All my sewing stuff is in the closet of that room. Mostly in containers, so it will be easy to move. I will be reacquiring the mosaic room as the sewing room again. I'm tired just thinking about moving everything. At least I have plenty of time.

Becca, I like good healthy food. I like to know what's in my food. So If I'm making it, I know what's in it. I buy a lot of organic foods. If I can find them I buy them. I've read how much pesticides they put on some things and it worries me.

Irish, I sure could go for a DQ sundae. Maybe I'll venture out and find a strawberry milk shake. That sounds good too.

Carol, I had a root beer float just last week. I forgot I had root beer in the fridge outside and found it when I was looking for something else. It was quite delicious.

Jana, you've had a lot of banned food this week. Be careful, you might get kicked out by you know who. lol

Shane came over to mow the yards, and Danelle his wife came too. It was nice to have company. After they left I bathed the boys. Now to finish up quilting the Tea Party quilt. I'm about half done.

I haven't even thought about what to have for dinner. Maybe some angel hair pasta with garlic butter and fresh parsley. And also broccoli to go with it. That is simple, quick and delicious.

Hope you all are enjoying a wonderful mother's day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”