Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, May 7th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, May 7th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu May 07, 2020 7:31 am

Good morning,

And it is a good morning and the birds are really happy about it! Lots of chirping going on out there! It's going to be a beautiful day here.

Yesterday I finally got my bread baked. Shared a hot loaf with the chicken neighbors. Bread is best hot from the oven and slathered with butter. My doctor would be frowning at me, but it was just the one piece . . . ;). I also trimmed my Paris quilt and it's ready for binding - maybe today. I finished Bill's tool caddy, too. When I was little Mom made a simliar thing for my crayons. She sewed little sleeves for for each crayon in the bottom third of the washcloth. I folded the top third down and rolled them up. That's very similar to what I made for Bill's tool set. He has interchangable tools with only one handle.

Today is cleaning and sanitizing the house. Then friends, Gus & Claudia are supposed to swing by this afternoon to pick up masks and a couple books I have for her. We might have a campfire going and if we do, they may or may not join us, property spaced, of course.

My great niece had her third baby girl yesterday, "Emily Rose". I got out the bunny quilt I made for her a few months ago and saw some of my blanket stitching around one bunny is coming undone. Dang! I guess the tension was bad and I didn't catch it. So I pulled out all the loose threads and today will try to match the remaining machine stitching by hand. I didn't check the other bunnies yet. Crossing fingers.

BECCA - your foccacia bread reminded me that years ago I used to make it! Why did I stop?? Now I need to make a note of it on my list of "menu ideas". (Yes, I keep a list in a drawer for those days when I can't come up with any ideas). Glad you have your errands done for a while.

JANA - how is Lila today? Glad she tested negative. But I bet she didn't like the test! Albert had to have one when he checked into the hospital yesterday. He had a colorful description of it! Our soup turned out pretty good. Bill liked it and he doesn't like broccoli! I have 3 different recipes and used bits and pieces from each one. I added bacon bits and another option was a couple TBSP of sherry, which I just happened to have a little bit of so I tossed that in, too.

LORI - I've often wondered how law enforcement can keep all the codes straight, but I guess over time they just become ingrained. We're even starting to remember some just from watching Live PD! Wonder what was going on with your power yesterday? Overloaded with A/C's? Here, something like that means that there was probably a car accident that took down a power pole or a branch down over wires.

Bill said he'd like to have more broccoli soup tonite so I'm good with that! And yesterday, our friend, Doyle, who can't stay put, was going to Costco AGAIN (mostly because he gets bored at home), so he picked us up a 6-pack of romaine lettuce. So we're back in the salad business again!

How is your supper story going to read?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, May 7th

Post by auntjana » Thu May 07, 2020 9:10 am

Good morning!

Mary - good catch on that loose thread! I use my base for my broccoli cheese soup as a potato cheese soup as well. Tastes like the potato soup served at Marie Callendar's restuarants. I cook the sliced potatoes in the chicken stock.

Not much happening here. The potato patch is progressing nicely.

Lila is doing better. Still can't figure out what she has, but the Dr has a few ideas and they are watching her. She is still getting into everything!

Dinner - won't mention it, as it is yummy banned food.

Heading to assemble my new tote in the Batt Cave.

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu May 07, 2020 11:53 am

Hello everyone sunny here but cooler Was nice sleeping on a cold night

Maryz Our grocery store was set up like yours & you were never close to anyone Shield at cashier I felt safe in there Our other groceries here are very busy Sure they are different
Our DGS is opening up on Monday & will follow the guidelines
CA said one restaurant is opening on Friday That’s the date here for things to reopen Still not hair or nail salons
My favorite soup is broccoli I use chicken stock for most of my soups as a base

Jana Glad Lila was negative Hope she gets well very soon Those potatoes will be good

I got most of uglies Done Levi come with a load to put in shop They are moving so the shop is the warehouse lol
I also did some weeding & took my walk
I have pork chops to grill Will add a green salad & potato. Becca

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Thu May 07, 2020 12:23 pm

Good late afternoon from a very sunny, warm SW. Pa....BUT, would you believe in our weather forecast, there are cold temps and the possibility of snow?????This is May, not supposed to have snow, not even a hint!

Mary, Congratulations on the new baby girl....I love, love the name...There's a lot of "middle name Rose" going around, just perfect....And thank goodness you checked your threads and are able to fix them...
Have been reading about the excitement going on in your neighborhood...What a shame that the possibility of someone being injured before something is done....I often think, around here, they take actions, sometimes too fast but can't believe what's happening with Vickie...No one wants to see anyone taken from their home but if something happens and she's hurt or even worse, then who will feel guilty....

Jana, sorry to hear the little one isn't feeling up to par but so glad the test was negative...Hopefully, the doc will figure out what it is and it will be an easy fix and all gone quickly.....

Becca, Hope all is good in your neighborhood...I saw the other day you actually took time and sat on your swing....My next door neighbor has a swing in her yard and the other day, we "made a date" to sit on the swing as soon as we're allowed out, lol....We have so much catching up to do...She's the one who has the sweetest, prettiest little dog I've ever seen and of course he knows it....

I haven't been on the computer very much and it's not because I've been that busy....It's funny, in the other house, the computer was in the dining room and it seemed I always turned it on, early but now I have this in my sewing room and there are times when I don't come in this part of the house until later in the day or even late at night (unless I'm making masks, lol).....
I had ordered a sofa table and of course when it came, it was in a big box, left on the front porch...Well, I was so determined and got it put together and set it in place and now, now sure if I like it...Everyone who I've sent pictures to said, it looks perfect so I guess I'll just have to get used to it...I also picked up a small, table top gas grill, thought about trying to put it together and thought, better let Kevin do it....Every once in awhile, you just have to have that hamburger or veggies hot off the grill, so I'll be ready when the mood hits.....

For my dinner, I have a crock pot full of chicken soup cooking and if it tastes half as good as it smells, I'll be happy....Not sure what's happening but I'm really getting into this cooking thing.....

You all have a good rest of the day.....Stay safe......

Happy eating...................

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu May 07, 2020 5:58 pm

Mary, our power outage was caused by Mylar balloons getting tangled on the electrical wires. I really wish they would outlaw those balloons. People are just irresponsible in letting them go. That was sure nice of your neighbor to get you lettuce. I'm glad to hear Bill liked the soup.
Glad you caught the unravelling threads before you sent it off to the baby. Hope you are able to fix it.

Jana, when I was a child, I used to get fevers and they never did figure out why. I'm sure there is a cause for Lila's fevers, but maybe her body took care of the problem. I make a soup that is very close to Marie Calendar's potato soup. It's quite delicious.

Well I had my Zoom quilt group this morning. Always fun to see my friends. I worked on some masks this afternoon. I got it down now. I can whip up a dozen in about 1 1/2. I've got some more sewing to do on masks, then I might start quilting the Tea Party quilt. It's layered and ready to go.

I got an email from Joann's fabrics today asking how I like the product I purchased. It hasn't even been shipped yet. I am very disappointed with their service. I sent an email to see when it might be shipped, and they haven't responded to that one yet.

Dinner was a hamburger with avocado, tomato and lettuce. It was yummy.

Have a lovely evening.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”