Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, May 6th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, May 6th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed May 06, 2020 5:48 am

Good morning,

BECCA - I hope you can find everything you need at the store and can get in and out quickly. We keep hand santizer in the car and use it whenever we get in/out of the car. We clean the steering wheel, too.

JANA - I thought broccoli cheese soup was in your recipe box! Thanks for the tips. Nice to have that window visit with the littles yesterday! Can't believe how big they are all getting!

LORI - I suppose the deputies could have detained Vicki for an involuntary psyche hold, but they've tried that before and the hospital just releases her saying she isn't 'nearly bad enough' yet. At least this time they arranged to have a mental health professional respond with them and she said she will TRY to arrange for a mental eval. And Vicki is quite adept at APPEARING sane when she wants to. WA has such crazy laws regarding mental health. And I know it's to protect vulnerable people from scavenging families but the reality is they make it extremely difficult for loving families to get help for their sick relatives. Your dinner last night sounded so gourmet! I think I want to order curbside service from your house!

My brother, Albert, is being admitted to the hospital this morning for tests on his remaining kidney. They "see something" on his scans. He had cancer in bladder/kidney/prostate 4 yrs ago. Also, his COPD is extreme. He's struggling to breathe and I'm sure needs to be on oxygen. He is almost 83. We are concerned.

I'll be baking bread this morning. We are at the end of our store bought loaf. Plus I want to give a loaf to the neighbors on our "good" side who have chickens and give us eggs now and then. I also gave them masks made from the cutest chicken fabric. She was so thankful! She said she was going to try to make some and really wanted chicken fabric. But I gather she doesn't sew. Everybody was happy!

And supper here will be broccoli cheese soup. And I have enough lettuce left for one last salad. We'll see if the HOH approves of that menu. If he doesn't, we'll see what HE comes up with! :lol:

Happy Eating!

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, May 6th

Post by Becca » Wed May 06, 2020 9:35 am

Hello Sunny & cooler
Maryz Yes I got it all & bought big so I won’t have to go out for a while It was not at all
Like normal & sticker shock for sure on prices Oh my I do all the sanitized methods then when I get home it all starts over Takes a lot longer You are the sneaky one on Bills gift lol
Praying for Albert I am surprised he isn’t on oxygen already

Lori I too was wondering about take out at your place That sounded so good

I got my the tomato basil Foriccia Bread It looks divine we have chicken pie leftovers I know I’ll try the bread Becca
Last edited by Becca on Wed May 06, 2020 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed May 06, 2020 10:55 am

Good morning!

Well, haven't made it downstairs yet. Cleaning up messes up here. I have three projects to play with in the Batt Cave. My new tote, masks, and the first cat block. I have a bunch of fabrics pulled to make the kitties. Still need a gray and a black for two of my kitties.

Dinner - since I have broccoli, cheese and flour, will join Mary in some soup making today.

After school work is done, Ethan is coming for a visit.

Mary - had to smile at Lori's term - 5150. We use that all the time around here. Even spell out in police alphabet!

Lori - I have had to learn some different numbers here - UHP uses slightly different codes and Aaron uses those now. Different from the Sheriff's office in Contra Costa County, where he worked before.

Becca - I still need to buy things to restock my pantry here. Waiting until my new favorite store, they built in town, to open. We are being sliw in going out.

Our little tornado, Lila, had to be tested for the virus yesterday. She was running a fever at the worriesum level. It came back negative today. Now waiting on the pediatrician for the next move.

Time to do something,
Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed May 06, 2020 10:59 am

Mary, sorry your brother is not doing well. Probably lack of oxygen is making him feel really crappy. Hope he can get the help he needs. I bet fresh bread is wonderful. I'll trade you spinach salad for bread.

Becca, tomato basil Focaccia Bread sounds delicious too. I'm make up some take out for you. lol

Jana, so glad Lila is okay. I'll have to check out the codes for your area. I don't know why they just don't all use the same. Whenever we crossed county lines and had to talk to other agencies we would just use plain talk. Codes down in San Diego are really weird. We used to deal with them because of UCSD.

Well our electricity went out 2 times last night. Right at 7pm when I was getting ready to sign on to my meeting for guild. I missed the whole thing. It came on right as they finished up. I put all the candles and flash light away, and it went out again. So I got everything out and was just sitting down to read, and it came on again. I left the candles out. Today I am sewing. I didn't get to it yesterday so I need my stitching fix.

For dinner I'm going to have rice, with an unmentionable, and broccoli.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”