Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, May 4th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, May 4th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon May 04, 2020 7:07 am

Good morning!

We are 40* this morning but dry! We'll be mid-50's later today and upper 70's to 80 later this week, though, so no complaints here! Our weekend was low key. I made masks and Bill did some quilting on my Paris quilt. I have a small supply of 22 masks made now, with 5 spoken for, plus more cut out so I'm ready for more requests. So today - not sure what is happening. We both have chiropractor appts and they are going to scan my feet this morning. I don't wear shoes unless I go out of the house and my walking shoes all hurt my feet. The scan (no charge) is to see if all my arches are OK or if I need specially made inserts that can be ordered. My chiro is rather amazing. He has several post-doctorates in various fields. He has had a few patients who came to him paralyzed and after 6 months were up walking again. And he went to high school with my first hubby, Mike. I took Mike's annual into the office one day and let him take a cruise down memory lane. And his office is only a mile away (1/4 mile by crow) on the property where my grandfather's first homestead was located. The world is small.

Today's plan might be to start putting together my 2 sets of Spring Swap blocks. I also have one set of lotto blocks. And, my crazy blocks are ongoing - I have 29 more completed with 8 additional ones half finished. Only 283 more to go! They may actually drive me crazy by the time this quilt is done! lol!

It's Day 4 of V's sprinkler going constantly. The judge and also the deputies told us to report it. We haven't yet, but are going to today. It seems so trivial (though if Bill needed to work on tractor, it wouldn't be trivial because that cement pad is where he works). But it's a direct violation of the anti-harassment order and if we want to renew the order, we have to have the documentation that she violated it. We will call the non-emergency number, ask for "our" deputy and he'll write the report. He doesn't need to come calling in person. He knows the story.

JANA - Love it! Potato Patch! And today is the day, right? Russets or ?? LOL about Lila biting your fake apple. Those teeth marks will be a precious memory. Cat quilts are the best quilts! I'm happy that you are getting in some time for "Jana sewing".

BECCA - Hope your errand run goes quickly and smoothly And, haha! Yes, Bill knew how to please me with that sewing machine tote, since he broke my old one 2 yrs ago by lifting it like a regular suitcase which I'd told him not to do and which did NOT please me! :lol:

TINA - you reminded me that I have some friends I need to call and check on, too. Marlene, Esther, and Norie. Thanks! Your yard must be looking pretty good by now! Glad Dad is doing OK. My dad used to tucker out in the afternoon, too. He usually took a nap after lunch and then did some lighter chores. You should think about contacting GM and tell them about your Suburban. It's age and mileage. Maybe they will give you a discount on a new vehicle . . . Never hurts to ask! :D

Well, we've got chili! No matter how much I try to hold down the amount I make, it just grows and grows. So we'll be eating chili again tonite and then I might freeze most of it in two serving containers. I want to bake bread, but I think, since we still have a couple of slices left plus a pan of cornbread, the time isn't quite right yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Happy Suppertime!

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, May 4th

Post by auntjana » Mon May 04, 2020 8:39 am

Oops - double entered!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon May 04, 2020 8:40 am

Good morning!

I knew I waited to come here for a reason. Lila - she did it again! This morning Kate sent Aaron a picture - Lila covered from head to toe with a entire tube - large tube of Desitin. Not just gobbed on, but spread evenly and carefully over all of her. Desitin does not wash off easily! Lila also ate some, so Kate called poison control - she will be fine, just needs lots of water. Oh what gray hair we will get from that child. But good laughs too!

Mary - picture documentation too will back up Vicki's antics. Glad you found fabric. I too am a barefoot gal. Got my sandals out now the snow is gone. Doing church at home is great too, I can go barefoot to church!

Dinner - it is such a beautiful day, I will grill some chicken and make a macaroni salad earlier in the day.

The potato patch I think will be Idaho Russet potatoes. Quinn, the sod owner, grows his potatoes in Idaho, and that is where the starts came from. Whatever, they will be tasty!

Heading to the Batt Cave to work on my new Fat Cat pattern - Purr-tastic. It is a BOM and when I signed up, the pattern came with all the past months. So I wil get the past ones made and be ready for June's. I think I will do each kitty different, similar to the kitties we have had. One will look like Smudge, he has a very distinct mark on his nose, a dark mark, like he put his nose in shoe polish. Smudge's coloring is like a seal point siamese, even though he is a mutt. A adorable mutt! It will be fun!

Well, a few uglies first,

Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon May 04, 2020 9:04 am

Good morning!
I'm stopping in early for a change LOL
Mary, I wish I had a chiropractor like yours! My feet hurt constantly but I'm pretty sure it's from all the fluid from the lymphedema and my weight..... but I wish I could get someone to actually care and at least try to help... bit I've pretty much given up looking, it stresses me out.
LOL I couldn't afford a new GM product if they gave me a 50% off discount. But I like to dream.
Jana, oh my goodness what a girl LOL
I'm not sure about supper, I haven't even thought about it yet.
I walked and watered and ate breakfast, now going to shower and putter around the house..... we're going to be 91° today.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon May 04, 2020 11:29 am

Hello everyone sunny here & hot
Summer is here
WOW what a rude awakening our outing was I found out that it’s a different World now In DG many empty selves &not near the selection of what was there I’m not looking forward to grocery shopping
And at his lab it was me wait in car & him go up They would have allowed but didn’t really want me to He made it back by himself & was the only one having BWork
Much faster than normal
I canceled my hair appt
I can wait it’s not that urgent

Tina I’m so sorry about your feet Wish I could help

Maryz Vicky will have a hi water bill or a dry well one Oh I would keep at it with reporting her antics

Janna Lila May have to taste them all She is a hoot My Friend had one like that

I came home made us lunch & went down to bottom of hill to trim rose bushes that are clogging our drain by road It’s the great development that doesn’t do anything except right at their entrance The Bank got it back so it will not maintain
Also got me a couple hostas to fill in hole in my row of hostas They grow beside the drain ditch Wild Sorry but it’s irritating But not as bad as Vicky

We have some porcupines left I’ll add a veggie Tomorrow fresh food
Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon May 04, 2020 12:36 pm

Becca, it is interesting the things that are missing from the grocery. I do find that they always have fresh produce. So many people by processed foods because they are easy. I like fresh, and I live in California, so we always have fresh produce.

Maryz, I've had custom inserts made twice. Neither worked. The second pair caused horrible pain with my sciatica nerve. I found that if I wear shoes with good arch support I'm good. I wear Brooks running shoes for walking, and they are wonderful. I just got a new pair this morning. I go through them because we walk on sidewalks everyday.

Jana, that Lila is going to be a challenge. lol I love russet potatoes. They are my favorite. I buy the organic ones from Trader Joe's.

Tina, bummer about your feet. I feel for you. I went to 7 doctors before I found the one that figured out the problem. I can manage the pain when it flares up with aspirin. Good support shoes are a must. I hate wearing shoes around the house, but it keeps my feet from hurting.

Well I got my grocery shopping done this morning. Now I just want to eat all the delicious things I bought. lol Yesterday I made an Angel food cake from scratch. I had too many eggs about to expire, so I used up a dozen making the cake. It's quite yummy.

Tonight for dinner I'll make pizza with a fresh salad.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”