Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, May 3rd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, May 3rd

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun May 03, 2020 5:47 am

Good morning,

It looks like we're in for a stormy day today. Possibly even a T-storm. But the trade off is that our weather people say next week we're going to be "hot-ish" (their word, not mine) - meaning close to 80*! We may even have to turn on the ceiling fan, which will set Scottie off big time.

Yesterday was a slow day. I did another 5 crazy blocks, made 3 toilet paper blocks, worked on a jigsaw puzzle, did 3 loads of laundry, and walked between rain squalls. In the evening, we had a telephone happy hour with friends we haven't seen since February. Got caught up on everything with them, and then they asked if they could have masks for their family, so I'll be making another 10 masks today. I think I'll also bake some bread and drop that and the masks off on their doorstep tomorrow or late today. They live on Fox Island, about 12 miles from us.

Vicki's sprinkler is still going - 3rd day. She sets the sprinkler not to water her grass (it's been a rainy week, after all!) but to 'stake her claim'. She thinks of it as a sort of fence. A fence that she 'erects' on our property.

JANA - that will be a huge job - re-doing your driveway, et al! Do you know yet when you plan to do it? Actually, I thought you did that last year. Nice to have something to look forward to! ;)

BECCA - Masks are becoming a bid deal here (as well as a fashion statement!). We're not out much, but we do see more people wearing them in all age groups than not. And as to being patient with Vicki, I confess I'm not as patient as I like to make myself sound. Sometimes I yell back at her. And once, last year, when she kept sprinkling our cement parking pad where Bill was trying to work, I moved her sprinkler so it went into her open window. I was ashamed of myself, but it felt good, all at the same time!

LORI - What a generous spirit you have! It's a BIG deal to bring a 94 yr old, who is used to being so independent, into your home to live with you. I hope he's a dog/cat lover! Is your DH his only child?

TINA - lots of logistics seem to go into your grocery shopping! How is Dad's itchies, achies, etc? I think
"Poppy" is an adorable name for a new fur-baby! My BFF's son's family got an Aussie several years ago and her name is Poppy. Our friends in Texas lost their 4 yr old maltipoo, Chili, a month ago and they just got another one, 7 mo old, and named him "Rio" because right now they are caught in the virus stay put order in the Rio Grande Valley in Southern TX. (they are full time RVers). That's a cute name, too, given their present circumstances.

Supper tonite is going to be chili, I think. I'll put it into the crockpot and let it cook all day. Yum! We are out of hamburger but we do have a package of frozen sirloin burgers in the freezer so I think I'll thaw some of those and crumble them up. Cornbread to go with.

How's your supper plan coming along?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, May 3rd

Post by auntjana » Sun May 03, 2020 11:48 am

Good afternoon!

Started out stormy, but that has passed and the heat is herel Should be the start of a beautiful week.

The garden will be planted tomorrow. It will be called the potato patch. In the San Francisco Bay, just off the Golden Gate bridge, is a very rough patch of ocean, the sailors call the potato patch. Fitting here, since I am married to a old sailor.

Have a new Lila for you. I have a basket on my table with fake fruit in it. Very realistic I must say. Well, Lila found that basket and the beautiful red apples, so she decided to take a bite of one of those apples. I have teeth marks now in that apple. She was a bit disappointed.

Dinner - late brunch here, so wil just piece later tonight.

Mary - what a perfect BD present. Bill definetely pays attention!

Heading down to go get in trouble - just saw a cat pattern, BOM, in Fat Cat Patterns. I think I will join it and make that quilt.

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun May 03, 2020 2:46 pm

Hello everyone sunny here &we reached 88 Much too early for this
Did get walk in though

Maryz Life never gets dull at your house with Vicky around You & Bill both deserve awards
Your DH knows how to please you Perfect

Jana I’m sure Lila was disappointed lol
Sure she won’t try that again

Lori That is a giant step taking FIL in but he sure needs to be with someone Especially if he’s blind I commend you & DH

It’s been a quiet day here I even sat on porch some so peaceful We have to go out for his pro time BWork AndDrug Store I am venturing into the DG for a fast few items
Got our daily calls lol
We had porcupines I had in freezer with baked sweet potatoes & salad
Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun May 03, 2020 8:22 pm

Hi everyone!
Sliding into my chair late again, sorry.
Mary, Dad's itching is easing up thankfully. He came over for supper again tonight, he's been having better mornings but by noon he's done for the day. Which in my opinion is good with as hot as we get.
So nice to get caught up with friends! My BFF called me yesterday after I text her a hi! We talked for almost an hour 😊
Jana, what BOM from FC Patterns are you doing? I love her patterns! She creates faster than I can make LOL
Becca, our temps are too high this early too, crazy huh.
This morning I went for my walk then used the weed eater all over the backyard and then cleaned it all up with the leaf blower, I was dragging by 10:30 so took the rest of the day off. Frankie planted a new rosebush and honeysuckle that I ordered months ago and totally forgot about. He's been replacing the manifold gasket on our suburban, he has it ready to put back together. It was only a $34 gasket but the top of the engine had to be removed to get to it. I think it'll be our last repair to it, it's 24 years old and has almost 300,000 miles on it. After our house is paid off in August we're going to start saving to buy a replacement.
Supper was tacos and guacamole.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”