Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, May 2nd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, May 2nd

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat May 02, 2020 6:10 am

Good morning!

We're going into the first of 3 rainy days. We might even get some thunder, lightening, and hail at some point. But in the far forecast, I see several days of low 70's, so I've got my eye on that prize instead. And I enjoy a good storm. Though our storms we have are NOTHING like the storms you all get! I wouldn't be enjoying those much at all!

Turns out our Joann's is only open from noon to 4. And they allow only 30 people in at a time. We were there at 10:30 and I didn't want to wait, though there were already 2 people waiting at the door. The things I want aren't that critical. Then we went over to the Sew'n'Vac Store. They are open for curbside service. Bill had to call them from the parking lot and then go to the back door. I didn't see what he brought out but he put it in the trunk. When we got home, I went upstairs and soon he called me back down to the family room where a big box was sitting, covered with a quilt. It was a trolley to carry my machine. Pull up handle, padding inside to keep it protected, pockets for stuff. Purrfect for when we travel. I have to say, Bill has, from the very beginning of our relationship, always given me great gifts. Well thought out and even well wrapped! He's much better than I am! His first Christmas gift to me when we were only dating was a new Bernina sewing machine! Sometimes I wonder what I did to deserve him! (and then some days, I wonder what I did to deserve him! lol!)

I might do a little laundry today. And maybe I'll start my TP wall hanging. I dreamed about it all night last night, so that probably was my subconscious telling me that's what I want to do. And I guess I need to do a little on-line shopping at Joann's for my bolt of muslin and interfacing. I wonder if they have elastic . . .

Vicki was agitated again yesterday. She set her sprinkler to water partly on our property. And then sat at a glass topped outdoor table, banging rocks on it for about 1/2 hour. We weren't even outside, which is often what sets her off. Sometimes she gets like this if we just park our car in our yard instead of the garage. She drinks a lot so we wonder how much that plays into her behavior. He kids refuse to buy her alcohol but she walks to the C-store about 3/4 mile away and buys it herself. The sprinkler is still going this morning. Her purpose is not to water the grass, but to stake her claim and let us know 'she's in charge'. It's so tempting to take my loppers and just snip that hose, but we try to curb those temptations and be more sympathetic to her. But it's hard sometimes.

JANA - what a busy, swirling life you and your family have - even when quarantined! Love it! And love Gracie's fishing story. A pink fishing pole! I loved stream fishing with my dad when I was little. My pole was a long stick with a string on the end of it and I did catch fish. I have a picture of my 6-yr old self holding four fish I'd caught, strung on a stick. I got a little fishing pole for my 7th birthday and never caught a fish with it! I did better with my stick and string! I still have that pole, though!

BECCA - sorry you have to go into the medical office for the blood draw. I know that's hard on CA and on you. Is your state "opening up"? Our governor spoke yesterday and announced we're staying closed until at least May 31st except for a few things - construction, landscaping, and some outdoor recreation (golf, fishing, hiking on some trails). I'm happy with his announcement, but many people aren't. And masks are 'encouraged' when in pubic, though Costco, on their own, is requiring everyone to be masked starting tomorrow.

TINA - Scottie gets me moving every morning for our walk. There is no living with that dog until he gets in his walk. I'm sure Rosie will love walking with you and soon be nagging, "Let's go, Mom! Let's go!!" I assume you are walking in early morning before it gets hot. Can't believe we're already to the point in the year where we are worrying about heat. Well, you are, anyway.

IRISH - I hate paper messes! Fortunately, it's all Bill's job. He seems to thrive on office work and I'm all about encouraging him to thrive! lol! Funny about Kathy fishing. If Bill were a fisherman, I'd be taking a book, too! That's what my mom always did. Bummer about the sew-y stuff in your WM. Years ago, I think WM started to take it out of all their stores, but caught such flak about it that they brought it back with better quality stuff (not good, mind you, but better than they'd had.) The only time we use WM's is when we travel and they really vary all across the country when it comes to their sewing/craft stuff. Hard to believe it's been a year since Cindy's passing. I hope Kevin is doing OK.

LORI - You seem to be doing pretty well living the 'single life'! But I bet you're missing your handsome hubby. Is FIL's recovery coming along OK? Does he live in your house alone or ??? I think it's so nice that your DH is there with him. We had a Kong toy for Scott when he was a baby dog. We put his kibble in it to slow down his eating. Now he has a gobblestopper dish - it's about 10" around, and is a maze and he has to work to get the kibbles out of the maze. Takes him about 3 minutes now instead of 30 seconds to eat his supper. This dog is all about EATING!

Well, due to all the happy hours, we still haven't had our chicken fajitas so tonite's the night!
What ideas are 'cooking' in your brain for tonite?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, May 2nd

Post by auntjana » Sat May 02, 2020 7:47 am

Good morning!

Today I will see what good clean fun, um, trouble I can get into. I have things caught up around here. A few Trix to vacuum up - Gracie's favorite snack, she stopped by for a minute. She understands the mask wearing and I can't hug Grandma yet procedures, breaks my heart. But it won't be long and I can give that little sweetie a big hug!

Sarah will probably be here to work on the garden. Michael de-weeded some of my planting beds in the front yard. Bare dirt does look nice. Because of failing cement, we are not planting them, as it could be all torn up. My brick planter will also be lost and then replaced. Cement work will be new driveway, walks and possibly an additional parking area. It will also involve moving irrigation sprinklers. A big job.

Dinner - whatever jumps out of the refrig. I did queso, chips and chicken quesadillas last night and have enough for today.

Mary - Sarah has a koi pond in the backyard and the kids all love watching and feeding her fish. Even Smudge loves looking, longingly at the fish, trying to figure out how to catch one, without getting wet. He is a birder, stays dry that way. He hates water!

Well, the clocks all just chimed, time to get going,
Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat May 02, 2020 8:26 am

Hello everyone sunny here & 72 already Got walk in early
Did laundry CAs meds Now on to lunch

Maryz I too hate going in the lab but can’t be helped We hate it even before this started lol when I went out Mostly older people is ones with masks no young ones
And medical personnel I too hate paperwork but it must be done
Vicky never stops I’m afraid I might not be so patient but I hope I would considering what is wrong

Jana I too miss my hugs from my sweeties
Sounds like a lot of work will be done at your house

Lori there was a chocolate Lab named cocoa & our black lab Pebbles Our DGS named them Pebbles was my buddy She was very protective of me

Irish Our WM still carries some fabric yarn & crafts but I refuse to shop there Stopped years ago

Tina Hope your can rest today bring it’s Saturday

We have baked sweet potato Will add chicken breast & green beans And brownies. Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat May 02, 2020 10:58 am

Mary, I thought about getting one of the dishes for the boys when they were puppies.
They don't eat too fast anymore. Wrigley always finishes first, so I have to monitor him and tell him to leave Jack alone while he eats. FIL is home and healing. He does live by himself, but that ship has sailed.
He will be coming home with DH. We should have insisted on this two years ago. I told DH he was not living by himself any longer. I had to push the issue, because DH doesn't want to order his dad around.
He's 94 legally blind, and has heart issues. I think it's time. Plus he can't take care of the house anymore.
It was a very stressful month for us when he wasn't doing well and we're 2000 miles away. As for waiting in line to shop at Joann's...not going to happen. I was thinking about getting a bolt of muslin also. I do use it a lot, and it's great for backs. I have dyed many backs using muslin.

Becca, Jack is our 2nd black lab. Our first one, Sadie-Jean, was a female and she was my buddy. Wrigley is our 3 Golden and he is just a big bundle of love. They are the best companions.

For dinner tonight I think I'll have a baked potato with some veggies. I think I have some broccoli and squash still.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat May 02, 2020 1:10 pm

Hi everyone!
Mary, your trolly sounds like a great gift! High five to Bill!
I'm glad you can curb those temptations, keeps you out of jail LOL
Oh and yes I'm walking early when it's cool.
Jana, it's so hard not to be getting those hugs, I know but hopefully soon. Does Sarah have a hard time keeping her koi pond clear? Mine is green most of the time which makes me sad because I can't see my fish and turtles unless they're up at the surface. If she has any tips can you please have her share them with me? I haven't gotten my brick flower beds yet, maybe this fall....
Becca, I think my favorite dessert is brownies, I love them but don't bake them very often because I'd eat them LOL. I always ask my kids to make them and just give me 1 😊
Lori, I'm glad your FIL will be moving in with you and your DH, at 94 I don't think anyone should be alone.
Holly has a chocolate lab, her name is Canbela, she's a big girl! She's very good and she's protective of the kids. She also has a cocker spaniel that is the brother of my male and they just got a teeny tiny little girl cockapoo. She's doing really good! Cabella thinks she's her mommy LOL it's so fun to watch her play with the baby (her name is Poppy).
Well we did our Walmart pickup order this morning and I have to go get Dad's at 5 this evening. I was doing our orders together but it was a pain to sort through all the bags and get his stuff out and get it put away while my stuff would sit out in the vehicle, it wasn't bad till the temps got so high so now I order for us and then do another order and time for him, makes it easier on me.
I think our supper is going to be ham steak with either buttered potatoes or salad and applesauce.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”