Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, May 1st

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, May 1st

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri May 01, 2020 7:07 am

Happy May Day!

I hope you have a few pretty blossoms in your life today. I can't believe it's already May! Gene in AK texted yesterday that in just 7 weeks the days will start getting shorter. Bad, Gene!! Even though the same thing had occurred to me, I didn't actually SAY it!

I slept late this morning and am a bit groggy. As expected our friends stayed until almost 9pm. Yaawwnnn... I don't think they know what the term Happy Hour means. 5-1/2 hours is a long time to sit in a lawn chair in the garage no matter how much you love your friends!

Bill says he has to go to Tacoma today. He ordered something for my birthday (6 weeks ago) and it finally came in yesterday. I have no clue what it is. And with this Covid thing, I never noticed there were no presents! lol! I can't think of anything I need or want (other than a couple of things at Joann's which is close to where he says he is going). He's asked if I want to go along. So do I dare go into Joann's with mask and gloves?? I'm debating . . . .

ROSEBUD - Two in their 40's! Nice family and I'm sure it's so nice to have Charlie there with you. I have Lara-48, in Alexandria, VA, Mike-45, who lives 1 hr east of us, and Autumn-43, in Austin, TX. And Lara's two grown sons who also live 1 hr west of us. I wish they lived closer.

JANA - I hope your vehicles all passed inspection. Our Camry is 16 years old and also runs beautifully. Only 98,000 miles on it.

BECCA - hope your allergies behave today! Will CA be able to get a "parking lot blood draw" next Monday or will he have to go into the office?

TINA - I'm so sorry about the loss of your little Missy. They burrow into our hearts and they stay there! Hugs!!

LORI - I make Frosty Paw treats for Scottie with my 'elderly' bananas. If I don't have all the ingredients on hand at the time, I toss them into the freezer. 1 qt plain yogurt, 2 squashed bananas, 1 or 2 glops of peanut butter, few TBSP of honey. I do have exact measurements, but they aren't too important. Mix them up and freeze them in little containers. I usually get about 30. I use 2 oz lidded plastic containers I find in paper aisle at grocery store, 50 to a package. Scottie LOVES these treats. He will eat them in one gulp, however, so I found a little rabbit pellet bowl in a thrift shop just a bit bigger than the frosty paw. He can't get it out so he licks it and it lasts maybe 5 minutes. Bet your boys would love them, too.

Today WE are going to be the happy hour guests at other friends - they are having a campfire so 6-ft distance will be easy. And you can be sure we'll not be staying until bedtime!! We both have chiro appts, the trip to Tacoma (15 miles each way), and the 3pm date for HH, so I don't know what will be happening in the extra hours. Laundry? Yard? Walk? Sew? Puzzle? I will wait and surprise myself!

As to supper - it depends on how hungry we are after HH. There will be a few snacks, I'm sure. But I still have my chicken fajita veggies all cut and ready to go! and salad fixings, too. Nobody will be going hungry here!

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, May 1st

Post by auntjana » Fri May 01, 2020 9:32 am

Good morning!

Mary - I am still leery of going in a store! So far, if I can order and have them bring it to the car, I am good with that, then our cleaning routine.

The cars both passed with flying colors. We dropped off the little truck to Aaron. They need a second car, so we have basically just given it to them. We carry the insurance and maintenance etc. That way, it gets driven. The Solara stays here with us. It is the spare car for the whole family if needed.

Got a Gracie story today. First off, she is a dainty little girl, through and through. Gracie has been watching fishing videos with Aaron and wanted to go fishing. So Aaron got her a pink fishing pole and they went out this morning. The cities around here have large ponds, so people/kids can fish. The ponds are stocked with trout every year. So off they went. Gracie got her hook baited and dropped the hook in the water. A minute later, asked her Dad, so where's the fish? Later she started singing, here fishy fishy fishy. Aaron looked at her, and she then said, oh, I forgot Dad, I need to be quiet not to scare the fish. Then she announced that she wanted to go home, she was cold and shivering. That is the standard family saying, I want to be warm! It started with Stu and has continued since. No fish were caught either, another family tradition! Gracie lasted for about 90 minutes, pretty good for a five year old.

Well, it is a repeat of yesterday, cold, rainy, thunder and lightning. Just wait twenty minutes, and we wil be warm! Just the other side of the hill from us, there was a tornado too. A bit of everything!

Sarah and Ethan will be down, after Sarah gets her sod orders scheduled. They will walk over, as her truck is here. Stu was using it, returning the tiller and then Matt's trailer, Stu's car was here. Sometimes we wonder where or who has what! LOL!

Dinner - I think I will do up a pot, small, of chili. I found I had fritos and that gave me a hankering for some. Plus, right now it is cold.

Put off a few uglies, so better get them done,

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri May 01, 2020 9:35 am

Hello everyone sunny here & warm Got walk in early
Maryz They told CA they wouldn’t come to car again Ugh We will mask And I hope they do too Most all medical are
WOW your friends are incredible We had friends that came at 11::00 for lunch & left at 5 I was ready to flip out I couldn’t believe they stayed that long
I have been doing check book & paper work which I don’t enjoy but must be done
I have yard to mow too
I have Pulled BBQ chicken leftovers & some potatoes so easy here

Tina I’m so sorry about your little dog They do become special to us Hugs to you

Lori I used to tell Pebbles my black lab that she got me going every morning She loved our walks

Jana Glad You had a great show at your house
Rosebud I am hoping you get some more home time off
Have a great day. Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri May 01, 2020 10:11 am

Good morning!
I started walking again this morning, Frankie had to redo my trail around our 5 acres today though, too many weeds. I think I'll start taking Rosie with me, we both need the exercise.
Mary, you have a busy daddy planned! I actually enjoy when people stay for hours LOL as long as I knew they were coming and I don't have other plans. Thank you about Missy. Poor Duncan is very sad, he looked for her all day yesterday and then didn't want to go to bed because she wasn't there.
Jana, we're going to be in the 90's today, El Paso is under a First Alert Weather watch because they're gonna hot 100° today, easy too early for me for these high temps! I love the fishing story, so cute.
Becca, I wish the dr's offices would still do the posting lot thing, some still need it. Thank you ❤
Today is major uglies day. After my walk I watered everything in the back yard, then everything in the house, then started vacuuming and mopping and dusting, need to do bathrooms and then water out front this evening.
I'm pulling something from the freezer that's already cooked to go with leftover mac and cheese so I'll just have a reheat meal for supper. Dad has lost 25 pounds in about a month from not being able to keep food down, not good but he won't listen to me so I vent to Frankie and sometimes you lucky souls 😘😉
Tina

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Fri May 01, 2020 11:02 am

Good afternoon from a chilly, partly sunny, Sw. Pa....I haven't been out, only to grab the paper so not sure just how chilly/warm it is.....

Mary, I'm with you....After a few hours, I get a little "cranky" if people stay too long...Besides, I'd be nodding off if it was my bed time, lol.....It's funny about kids....Kathy lives the furthest away and I hear from her at least once a day, every day....Either a few text messages or a very long phone call...Kevin lives 3 minutes away and would be here if I need him or something done but most of the time, it's a phone call or text...Just last night, he told me he hasn't been out of the house since he picked up the new truck last week...He really is trying to be safe (but I'm sure he's already had the virus and hopefully is immune)....Would you believe, next week will be a year since Cindy has passed..My heavens, time is flying by...
Now I'm excited to hear what the birthday surprise will be....And, I think my JoAnn's is closed but then, I haven't been to the Mall for months so it might be open....BUT, I was so upset, yesterday, had to run to Walmart to pick up my RX (which they messed up) but, they no longer have anything "sew-wise"...No fabric, no thread, nothing...I wasn't going to buy but I always had to walk through, so disappointed!

Jana, you really do have the stories...And so funny about juggling the cars...But, I remember those days, so well....When we had all 5 kids living at home, life was interesting....Your little one sounds like Kathy when she went fishing but she was grown and married...She put on waders, took the rod and out in the middle of the creek she went BUT, she kept the bait just under the water line and kept singing, "go away fishy, go away"......Now when they go fishing, Tim takes the gear, she takes a book.....

Tina, I felt so sad when I saw your fur baby passed...They are family and it sure does leave a huge hole in your heart....I was thinking of you last night when they showed on the weather channel how hot you guys were getting and of course, always that fire threat.....Isn't this early for those temps? Of course, I'm so mixed up, I don't even know what day it is.....Good to hear you're walking but please be careful, don't overdo......

Becca, Hate to hear you'll have to go inside for the shots....I don't care if a lot of the restrictions have been lifted, I'll still stay at home and take precautions...Just yesterday, going down the highway, I saw more cars zipping along and the parking lots were filled...I know people are getting tired of staying home but come on, let's not get crazy...OK, off my box, lol....Hope you have a great weekend and you too, don't over do...Enjoy that sunshine.....

Not getting too much accomplished yet today....Did clean up my desk and now I can once again see the top....Too much needless paper stuff...I finally think I have the address changed on everything and all the utilities etc. are taken directly out of my account...I hate writing checks, which brings me to another interesting thing....In changing my address, I wanted to order new checks and also have Kathy's name added and Jim's removed...Well, it's not that easy...Of course they needed to send Kathy a signature card but to get Jim's name off, they needed a death certificate so after sitting in line at the drive thru, I'm thinking we might have it all taken care of.....But, I'm not sure if I ordered those checks in the end, lol....

For my dinner, it's going to be a big salad....I've been craving one so loaded up on "goodies" yesterday and I'm going to so enjoy this...Even got a few tomatoes and they actually taste like real ones...I was so excited!

You all have a great day......May 1st, I think someone is pulling my leg!
Happy eating...................

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri May 01, 2020 2:20 pm

Becca, what a cute name for a black lab. Jack is a black lab as well. He's my favorite, but don't tell anyone.

Mary, I'll have to try that recipe for frosty paw. I used to put mashed potatoes, chicken, peas and carrots in Kong toys and freeze them. Then when we needed some quiet time they would each get one. It kept them busy for about an 45 minutes or so.

Well I've been busy puttering around doing different things. I have a binding I really need to sew on a quilt.
It's been hanging over the dining room chair for a month now. I'll have to find a movie to watch later so I can work on that. I'm going to go organize some project now. I have a few in the works here and there.
I need to see how far along they are and put everything in one place.

Tonight for dinner.....I don't know yet. I still have some chicken left, so I could make a salad.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”