Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, April 30th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, April 30th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:35 am

Good morning!

Happy Birthday to my 'little' sister, Teese, who is 68 today. I'm betting she will be celebrating like the rest of us have been - at home, playing with our 'toys'.

IRISH - nice to have a furry friend next door to 'wave' to! I wonder what Baby Girl would think if you brought a dog into the house! On top of moving! lol! Glad you figured out how to open your windows. For Baby Girl. Foxy loves to sit in the window and watch and listen to the birds. And then he REALLY loves going outside, hoping for a snack! And I hope you at least have plastic ice trays that you can twist and not have to wrestle with those old metal ones!!

LORI - I would LOVE to go to Superior threads! A candy shop for quilters! Your FIL must have a very superior constitution! First of all to have survived to 94, but then to survive that surgery, too! What a man! But even tough guys do better when someone is there for them. So glad your DH was.

JANA - that's what I was thinking about Superior - that they are closed for now, or out of stock. One day, we will get there! That flyover was neat! And you had a front row seat!

BECCA - it seems you never rest! Hope you got your walk in. We did, but an hour later than usual and we met a lot of folks on the trail. We put masks on when we pass folks and we walk single file. Other people don't seem to be doing that much. So I prefer to skip the paved walking/biking trail and walk the county road and neighborhoods.

Yesterday I got all my 'to-do's' accompished. They weren't much, but they took some time. I even got my pantry straightened up. Today is clean/sanitize the house, maybe work outside a bit, maybe make some more crazy blocks, or maybe play with the new pattern that came yesterday - the "On A Roll" toilet paper wall hanging. QIAD had it on sale a few weeks ago with no shipping. It's a cute wall hanging and I would like to put it in my bathroom(s).

We have friends coming over at 3pm for a garage happy hour. It worked well with our other friends - easy to maintain 6-ft or more. And it will be nice to see them! If it's warm enough, we might have a fire instead. We told them to bring their two little Shit-Zu's, too. We love these friends, but last time we invited them for a 3pm happy hour (not for supper!), they didn't leave until 10pm!! So we thought if they had their dogs, this would get them out earlier. Are we bad? Or just awful? :twisted:

Supper tonite is planned to be chicken fajitas. I will prep everything early in the day so we can pull it together quickly after our friends leave. IF they leave. And we are eating a late lunch, just in case they don't! See - more evil on our part. But it's just not a time to be cooking and serving meals to other folks!

What's for supper at your house?

rosebud3

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, April 30th

Post by rosebud3 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:40 am

Good morning everyone. I missed the last couple days. I was busy and never got on the computer.

Mary-Happy birthday to Teese.
In answer to your question the other day regarding my off springs, I have a daughter, Brenda, who is 45 (birthday in Sept., turning 46), and my son Charles. Brenda lives in Tulare, CA.

I think I will set out meat to thaw so we can have tacos for supper tonight. This will be my plan unless Charlie wants something different.

Happy eating,
Mary/Rosebud

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:07 am

Good busy morning!

Back from the car shuffle. Sarah went and helped ferry the cars down. This smog is required here every year because of the ages of the truck and Solara. Ine is 20 years old, the other is 18 years old. Both run like they are brand new.

Irish - HAFB is about a hour north of me. I know Travis very well, as my house in Concord, was across the river from Travis and my brother's house was about a mile from the main entrance. On warm summer nights, we could hear the jets warming up their engines. We could see the big huge cargo planes, practicing T&G's - touch and go landings.

Mary - good plan! Hope it works!

Dinner - a onion burger with chips. Not much in the mood to cook. These are simple and good.

I think it is time to sew a new tote/purse. The one I am using now, has snowflakes on it. Time for spring summer. I have a piece of fabric with strawberries, bright and cheery.

Stay safe!

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:56 am

Hello everyone cloudy here & cool Will not weals today as it’s misting & cool Not good for my allergies

Maryz Hope your visit goes well That was a Long time to stay at a friends house Too late for me lol

Jana My DGS had the blue angels fly over their place honoring all the health workers & other workers
They sent us pictures very neat to see

Rosebud I thought I remembered a daughter but never knew about your sonSo glad he’s with you Sure he’s company to you

Irish No ice maker wouldn’t Bother me I never use ice CA does occasionallyWe only keep it for guests

Lori Sure you are walking doggies So glad DFIL is doing so well My MIL had a pace maker She did fine But she wasn’t in her 90s

I have my crock pot doing pulled chicken BBQ I will add roasted potatoes and onions I never got them made yesterday. I also baked brownies this morning
I still have about 4 sets of doors to finish They get dusty And I got everything sanitized too Cleaned microwave & refrigerator
Have a wonderful day. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:30 pm

Fun for the day - we are special twice over us -once flying towards my house, turned, then on their return to the south, directly over my house. Noisy I must say! Ethan loved it!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:16 pm

Hi everyone!
Mary, I hope your friends don't stay that late this time. Ya never know though.....
Happy birthday to your sister.
My Shih-tzu; Missy died last night, I'm all down today. She was 12 years and 4 months old, her birthday was Christmas.... I've had her since she was 5 weeks old and the littlest fluff ball. I'll miss her very much but I know she's not in pain or suffering, she had a rough couple of days, we thought she'd be ok but not this time. Sadness.
Today is payday so were gonna get something and bring it home for supper.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:35 pm

Jana, how fun for Ethan. Bill gets all giddy about it and he's 68. It must be a guy thing.

Becca, the dogs get walked everyday. That's why I get a walk in everyday. I think we've only missed 5 a year. They let me know it's time to go. I just recently stated going 2 1/2 miles instead of 2. They are tired when we get home. They will be 4 June 1 & 3, so we've been walking for almost 4 years. When we go to the park, which is closed right now, they are the happiest dogs. It's like Disneyland for them. Someday I'll take them down to dog beach in Huntington Beach. Dogs there look so happy.

Tina, that makes me sad. Losing our furry friends is so hard. They are such a big part of our life. I bet you are heartbroken. Big Hugs.

Mary, most everyone in the family has lived to 94. His twin is still in good health as well. She was 1st born and stronger. So I'm cautiously optimistic. Bill just sent me a text saying they are releasing him, so they are on the way. We'll see how it goes. Bill is already to come home, but I think he's going to be there a while. How fun to have happy hour. I got to see one of my friends in person today. She came by for some masks. She asked for 10, I made her 22. She said she is working crazy hours at the courthouse. She's a felony judge, so I'm sure there is tons of litigation going on right now. It's her husband birthday, so she took the day off. I used to work with both of them way back in the day.

Well the dogs got walked and have been napping since. I had a quilt group zoom meeting. Fun to see my peeps. I think I'll get binding on a wall hanging and maybe do some embroidery. I'm not cleaning today!

For dinner I'm going to have leftover chicken, with mashed potatoes and fresh broccoli. I might make some banana bread this afternoon. I have some bananas that are too far gone to eat, but they make great bread.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”