Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, April 29th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, April 29th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:04 am

Good morning,

We're going to 64* and cloudy today, with rain showers starting in early evening. Not too cold, not too hot, not too wet, not too bad.

I really have no plan today. I should probably make more masks as I only have 6 in reserve right now. So that could be happening. Or at least get some cut out. The ten masks I made yesterday were for friends in Texas. I had yellow rose of Texas fabric (bought a few years ago in TX) that I used for the ladies, and for the men I had a little fun: Seahawk fabric for diehard Cowboy fan, Don; outhouse fabric for the funny guy, David, and red hot chili peppers for 85 yr old Other David and Rick, the retired minister - because they are such hotties. Can't believe these folks trusted me to choose what is going to be plastered across their faces in public for the next month or two! Bwa ha ha!! Ya gotta have fun in life!

JANA - that's a lot of spuds, but boy, will they be tasty! And thread - About 3 weeks ago we put in an order with Superior thread for 4 cones and they arrived about 5 days later, actually sooner than we expected. However, they didn't come from Superior this time, but from a different outfit in another state. It was the same thread though - Masterpiece. We were surprised about that. They didn't sell the business that you know of, did they? Perhaps they just have a different supplier? Or, like you said yesterday, thread is in short supply? And look at me asking you! I guess because you live in Utah, I expect you to know all things Utah-an.

BECCA - what do you have planned for the day? I hope you get your walk in. Purrfect walking day here so I know we'll hit the trail soon. We like to go early and then get on with our day.

LORI - glad your FIL is doing well. You said he's 93? Does he live alone? Actually I like those crazy blocks. I kind of get into a zen place with them. And it's fun rooting through the scrap bin, choosing just the next scrap for shape and color. In choosing color, I just want to make sure I don't have all one color in a block - the more variety the better. But I think I'll go through that bin today and pull anything out that is big enough for masks and cut them to size to get ready for the next mask wave.

IRISH - I'm so spoiled now with an ice maker. I did have to go back to trays in the garage fridge for the past 3 weeks or so while our freezer was dying. Didn't like it! And oh, I bet you've had a few surprised "splashdowns" getting used to your new potty height! Or lack thereof. lol! Nice of your kitty to come visit you in the bathroom! :D

I think we might grill chicken for supper tonite. And potato & onion packets on the grill would be good, too, along with a salad.

What sounds good to you?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, April 29th

Post by Becca » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:05 am

Hello everyone sunny here Got walk in early I’m like Mary early then get on with day’s activities
Denise wrote that a member of one of the Churches they served died from virus

Maryz it’s a nice day for walk but they are saying storms this afternoon into night I hope not
I plan to do some masks today for someone in need

Irish It’s great that everything sounds so convenient for you Know you will enjoy your new Home
On my yard it’s not so pretty now The Irish are all budding & will be pretty soon
We have the high commodes & I love them Hate the low ones

Jana That is a big potato patch but you have lots of family

Lori Glad FIL did well Much better for your DH Nice he can be there for him

I got the laundry done beds dressed & starting on uglies Mowing is waiting too
I have burgers thawing Will add a potato & spinach for me Becca
Last edited by Becca on Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:40 am

Good morning!

Mary - awhile ago I got a email from Superior Threads that because of Utah's closures, they would be closed for a time. That could be why another store fulfilled your order. Utah is now moving forward, starting to let some businesses reopen. St George only had a few cases of the virus, so they are opening a little faster than us here in the north. There are only 3 million or so of us here in Utah, so who I don't know, Sarah does! Oh, then there is Kate, knowing the govenor. We are covered.

Becca - sounds like you have your day well planned.

Irish - we have two of those toilets built close to the ground - I hate both of them. The one in the Batt Cave, I picked out, getting a taller one. Still trying hard to convince Michael to call the plumber and change them to the taller ones.

Not much here. Tomorrow will be fun, as HAFB, Hill Air Force Base, is sending out 4, F-35's for a flyover, down the valley, to St George and back past Park City and Logan, as a thank you to the front line responders We will have a great view of the flyover from my back deck. Ethan will come down to see them. We are hoping that the F-35's fly a low flight deck, easier to watch them. That means closer to the ground.

We are climbing to over 80 today, so I will grill some chicken. Add maybe a wedge salad.

Stay safe!
Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:26 pm

Mary, FIL turned 94 on the 16th of this month. I haven't talked to Bill today, but he said he came though the surgery well yesterday. I'm almost done with the 2 dozen I'm making. She's not going to get them until this weekend, so I'm not rushing. I do a little bit at a time.

Jana, how fun for Ethan to see the jets. I see them a lot when I'm at Jonathan's. When he lived closer to the base you could hear and see them from 0800-1800. Now he lives a little farther out so we see them, just not all day long. They are very loud. So your not going to make a road trip to Superior? lol Just a hop skip and a jump from your place.

Becca, it is nice that Bill can be there for his dad.

Well I walked the boys this morning. That is the happiest part of their day, beside food time. I got the stove and the kitchen cleaned up. Taking a break before I vacuum.

Dinner tonight will be probably leftovers from last night.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:47 pm

Good late afternoon from a warm, sunny, SW. Pa....Mr. Sun did make an appearance but I'm afraid, he'll be in hiding the next couple of days.....We might get rain, something different, lol....

Mary, It's kind of fun to not have anything planned, isn't it?....Most of my days are like that now, and I'm loving it.....And today was no different but the biggest thing today was trying to figure out how to open my windows, lol....Baby Girl loves to sit and watch the birds and she's really going to love being able to hear them along with seeing them (now that I know how to open the window)...Oh my, getting used to the lower potty, not too much fun, especially when you think you're falling...Oh well, does wake you up in the morning.....With the ice cube trays, I feel I'm living back in the stone age.....Isn't it funny how you get so used to certain things but we do seem to survive without them.....

Jana, Do you live close to HAFB? The last time I was at Kathy's we went into California and stayed at Travis AFB and what a thrill....Tim as in his glory, showing us around and explaining all the retired planes they had...When they travel, they try to stay at the AF bases along the way...AND those potatoes, nothing better....But, then anything that is fresh from the garden is at it's best.....I'm going to have to find a farmer's market near here.....

Lori, glad to hear surgery went well and seems like recovery is well on it's way....I sometimes wish I had a dog, just to get me out walking...But, right now I'm getting my "puppy loving" from the next door neighbor...She has the sweetest little thing that sits in the window and we "wave" back and forth....

As I said, not much happening in my house today.....The fellow who cuts my grass just finished and it does look good but in a day or so, all those pretty yellow posies will be popping up again...I often think how Jim worked to get rid of them at the other house...
I did make a simple chicken pot pie so that's my dinner tonight...Was also going to bake but, didn't want to overdo, lol......Besides, I don't need anything else to add to the hips......

You all have a great rest of the day.....With the country now starting to "open up", please be safe.....

Happy eating....................

Return to “Chit Chat”