Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, April 25th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, April 25th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:07 am

Good morning!

I can't believe how fast this month has gone. With all of us quarantined, you'd think time would be dragging, but it seems to be flying! Our friends came over and we'd planned a campfire but it was a bit cool and she has R.A. and we didn't want her to get chilled. So instead, we backed the car out of the garage, put down a 9x6' rug, lawn chairs on either side (complete with pretty quilts!), and even ran a string of Christmas lights through the garage shelving. It was fun! Had a nice visit for a couple of hours! And a good thing we opted for the garage setting because halfway through their visit, a short cloudburst happened. It was good to see folks again! and it was easy to maintain our 6-ft distance!

Yesterday was UGH-ly day. Bill vac'd but I did the rest and now the house is pretty clean. Today will be LAUN-dry day, including sheets and towels. I haven't gotten back to mask making yet because right now, I'm not seeing a big need. Everyone seems to be well outfitted. But I"m ready to get back in the business if someone asks.

JANA - so good of Sarah to keep close to her MIL during this scary time. How old are her in-laws? Your spaghetti and meatballs last night has inspired our supper for tonite.

BECCA - how fun to be a pen pal! I was wondering a few months ago if pen pals even existed any more! When I was a young teen, my parents took my younger sister and I back east to meet all my dad's cousins in NY and PA. I really connected with one elderly cousin in particular, "Leah", and she and I started writing. I don't know what it was like from her end, but I lived for her letters and to this day, remember her and how much I enjoyed our relationship.

LORI - Now that you mention it, I do remember that once you said you owned that house. Nice to have a good place to stay when you visit! I pray your FIL is stabilizing. Bill is sitting close by as I type this morning. First he wanted spaghetti when I mentioned Jana's supper plan. Now he hears about your tacos and he's changed his mind. And this is what Supper club is all about - meal ideas!

TINA - maybe Kevin will replace the fridge for you as a way of thanking you for always being there for him. RV fridges are very expensive. Another way to go is to replace it with a small residential fridge for a much cheaper option. You need power, of course, but Kevin will have power, I'm sure. We have several friends who have done this and it worked just fine. It stays plenty cold during a day of travel with no power.

Looks like supper here is going to be tacos tonite. We have all the makings, even fresh avocados! What's YOUR supper plan?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, April 25th

Post by Becca » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:52 am

Hello everyone sunny here
Maryz In some ways the month has flown by Think it’s all your frame of mind
I used to have a pen pal in School that lived in England We wrote for years
Yesterday I got a letter from one of the other grands so she may want to write too They love getting mail our DGS said It’s the ones out your way
Glad your evening was a nice time

Tina That’s a lot for a frig I believe I would try Mary’s idea

Lori Glad DH has a nice place to stay if it will be that long Sure hope FIL can get stronger

I got laundry done meds completed & made a pot of porcupines We have Beths ciabatta rolls to go with them & a salad

We got some news yesterday in the mail Our NP is leaving so we must find a new Dr
Not an easy task We can use one there but both are new & I know nothing about them
Will start working on that Monday
Have a great day everyone Becca

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, April 25th

Post by zfatcat » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:03 pm

Thanks Becca. FIL is holding his own so far.

Mary, I did have tacos yesterday as planned. I had some pink stuff from the ocean with wild rice and broccoli. I forgot I had bought it and need to cook it before it went bad. I hate wasting food.

Tonight for dinner was Tacos! They were delicious. I didn't have a taco mix, so I looked up on line how to make them and kinda did my own thing. I'll have to make them for Bill when he comes home.

Again I spent the day cleaning and organizing. I could find some embroidery things and realized I had stuff in 3 different places. So cleared out some organizers and put it all together. Now I can find things again.

Have a lovely evening. I'm off to embroider a little while I watch TV.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”