Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, April 24th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, April 24th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:13 am

Good morning,

Today should be a dry day, mid 60's. A nice break after a rainy week and before a rainy weekend. It will also be UGH-ly day. The chores have kind of gotten away from me while we dealt with the fridge, masks, and jigsaw puzzles. So today is going to be all about whipping this house back in shape.

We have friends who have been antsy to get together and we've held them off since early March. We were camped with them Mar 8-12 at the ocean and even there we were only together at their campsite for a few hours in late afternoons and well spaced apart. So if it's warm enough, we're going to have a campfire in our fire-pit this afternoon. Put sanitized chairs for them on opposite side of fire, and they get their own tray of nibbles on their own table. We'll be more than 6' apart. If it's too cool to sit out, we'll do the same thing only in the garage with radiant warmers instead. Either way it will be nice to see someone!! Much as I love Bill, Scottie, and Foxtrot, some new faces will be welcome.

So, crazy block count: 120 blocks made, 75 now have fancy gold stitching, 45 more to go. Then I'll start sewing these blocks together. Then I will start on the next bunch of blocks. I need 441 total. Going to be a busy summer with this project! And it isn't even on my to-make-this-year list!

TINA - so thankful Kevin has a great job and is working. Kind of a bummer to have to live away from home, but will Maria and Matthew be with him? If so, would your dad let them use his motorhome since he's not using it right now? It would be a lot roomier for them, wouldn't it? Tomato soup and grilled cheese is one of Bill's all time favorite meals!

LORI - how is your FIL doing? Where is your DH staying while he is back there? I know he probably can't be in the hospital with his dad, but at least he's there! The first few days they are gone is almost like a vacation but it does get old, doesn't it. We live in woods and our house is dark and spooky at night. I don't like to be here alone. Plus it's a long drag to get the trash and recycle cans out to the road! Men do have their uses! :lol:

IRISH - so you are all moved in and settled! Has the new owner moved into your old house yet or do you know? Congrats to Kevin on a new red truck! Red trucks are the best - just ask my Bill! lol! And I love that Kessie gets to go with him. Scott goes with us, too, unless it's too warm. Your fabric will be purrfect! You had quite a list of errands to run yesterday. Hope they went quickly and you got home to enjoy your day. How is your sister doing?

JANA - oh, now I remember Michael's colonoscopy. And congrats on your "Last Log"! What a marathon! Now you can take a break from sewing those masks and sew other masks! lol! I love the Young Living products and I have two friends who sell them and both have been to YL farm in UT. But it's soo expensive so I don't buy very much of it. I hate procrastination, too, or tardiness of any kind. I once arrived at a wedding while they were still decorating the church! Fortunately, I'm married to someone who also hates being late for anything.

BECCA - glad to hear your DGS's stores will be OK for a few more weeks. I hate thinking that some businesses won't survive, but opening things up too soon might mean that some PEOPLE may not survive. I don't care for WM's business ethics, so we prefer to shop smaller, local stores. But have to admit, when we travel, we do patronize them occasionally and have been known to sleep in their parking lots once or twice. Though after the last experience in Salem, OR, we may never do that again! Drug central - all night long!! We finally got up and left at 3:00am!

Last night's supper was chili relleno torte and salad. YUM! And the good news is that there's enough left for tonite. So, as Jana says, it will be a heat'n'eat supper for us!

How about you all?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, April 24th

Post by auntjana » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:34 am

Good morning!

So nice outside today! We are warming into the 70's, so I can open windows without the need to defrost us on the inside!

I have several kits to be sewn (masks) and then cut a few more. Ethan is here and will help with a few uglies as well.

Mary - a campfire is always fun! Seeing friends too!

Dinner - spaghetti maybe a good choice, if Ethan is still here. He loves pasta.

Sarah's FIL has struggled for many years with heart/health issues. He had polio as a child, lived in a artificial lung, so it is all catching up now as he is older. So with all the virus lockdowns, Sarah is watching over her MIL. No one is allowed in the hospital which is making it hard for the family.

Time to go down to the Batt Cave,

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:30 am

Hello everyone cloudy here I walked even in fine mist

Jana Sorry about Sarah’s FIL Taylor’s Grandpa died alone in Hospital Not a good thing It was very hard for the family He had the virus He had a lung disease pneumonia & was on oxygen too for few years

Maryz Sure you will enjoy your guests Would be nice to just talk & see a different face lol

Lori That is a long stay for DH Sure hope they can help your FIL I know how it is to do everything no fun

I got some paper work done & some correspondence too One of our Grands choose me as her pen pal at School so I try to answer her letters
Plus thank you notes
Now on to my floors
I have leftovers Will add a salad & ale n potatoe salad from
Potatoes I have cooked have a great day & stay safe. Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:33 am

Mary, thanks for asking. FIL is holding his own. We own the house that FIL lives in. 2400 square feet, plus an unfinished basement. We have the master bedroom with our stuff in it. DH keeps clothes there so he travels light. I even have a sewing machine there for when I go back. We thought we might move there when we retired, but after spending a couple month there years ago, we changed our minds.

For dinner I might make tacos. I was going to order in from our favorite Mexican restaurant, but they are not open. I have everything I need, so I'll make them myself.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:29 pm

Hi everyone!
Mary, no Maria and Matthew won't be going with him that I know of. He tried to just have them stay home so they aren't exposed to the virus. Plus they got a new puppy, we got to meet her yesterday when we took the travel trailer for Kevin. I'm looking to replace the fridge since it quit working, so far I've found one for $1100 and it's free shipping. Bit I'm going to call Camping world and see if it's a little less. I told Dad yesterday that we were taking the trailer for Kevin and told him the fridge quit working and the heater doesn't work, he didn't offer his motor home so I didn't ask. He lost the oil dip stick when we went to Virginia a couple years ago and every so often it will just dump the oil. Frankie says it's a seal because they had the same thing happen at the City with a dump truck that has the same engine and that's what it was. Dad won't have Frankie fix it so he can sell it. 🤷‍♀️
I need to do some cleanups around here too but I think I'd rather sew LOL happy you're gonna have an outside gathering, we aren't made to be total hermits huh.
Jana, I've been opening our windows for over a week now and turning the ceiling fans on, we're too be 90° today.
Becca, that's nice to have a pen pal enjoy.
Lori, do glad your DH has a nice place to stay that's away from people. Prayers for you DFIL.
We went to Holly's to hang a gate and I helped Holly clip her cocker spaniel, he was yucky. He's getting a bath today.
I think I'll go sew for a bit.
Supper tonight is leftovers and maybe add chicken.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”