Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, April 23rd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, April 23rd

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:00 am

Good morning,

The birds are out in full force this morning and everyone sounds out there sounds happy about it! We even have one nesting in the fake Christmas wreath we missed when taking down our Christmas decorations. It's located near the garage door but the door going up and down, or the car going in/out doesn't seem to bother her, but she doesn't like people getting close.

Costco was great yesterday! We were there about 0800 for the elderly hours. I outlined in Sew-in how it worked so won't bore you a second time here with all that. Not very many customers in the store and everyone was masked and kept good distance. Costco is doing an excellent job of guiding the customers through the store, limiting exposure, cleaning, sanitizing. We felt very safe. But we didn't brave Safeway for the few other things we wanted. We can live without them. We did pick up our mail and my thread order came so I was able to start my fancy stitching on my crazy blocks. I have a total of 120 blocks made and stitched 32 of them over 2 hours. Going more quickly than I'd anticipated and I love the look of the gold thread. I'm not doing every seam, but just enough to give a noticeable accent.

I've been having some weird dreams lately. A few nights ago a grizzly bear chased me and my cat, who was clutched in my arms, up on top of a giant refrigerator. Last night I was in a deserted car dealership and took all the keys to the cars on the lot, tagged them with fabric and then piled them all together on a stack of matching fat quarters. Where do I get this stuff?? The cat and fridge make sense, but a grizzly bear? Though we were mentioning yesterday that this year might be a good year to buy a new car as ours is 16 yrs old. So maybe that was why the car thing. Sometimes, I just don't get me.

JANA - how's the mask making project going? What kinds of fabrics are you using? A million square feet of sod! We've driven by some sod fields in Utah, not far from Young Living. Were those some of the growers Sarah deals with? I told Bill they probably were so back me up here.

TINA - Nice that you got some rain for a good start on spring. Makes everything look and smell so fresh. A lot of sod is used here as building is exploding - well, it was before the Covid shut-down, anyway. Bet all your yards are looking great!

BECCA - sorry about your D General store. Hope they recover and reopen soon. We actually don't have any of kind of dollar stores here. There is one 15 miles east of us in Tacoma and one 20 miles in the other direction in Port Orchard but it may have last year. We don't have a Walmart either, though again - Tacoma and P.O. have them. We rarely go to them either.

LORI - Sorry to hear about your FIL's problems. Yesterday at the chiropractor's office (we both went), he was telling us about a product called kidney chi that is having very good results. Not sure how we got onto kidneys but he told us that many people are able to reverse kidney failure with this Chinese medicine. From a Dr. Chi. I Googled it. I wonder if it would be helpful to your FIL.

I texted CHICKIE yesterday. She is over-swamped, still sewing bonnets and masks all day long. She is the only one sewing 60 bonnets and 100 masks for a small hospital. I think she said she can do 6 bonnets a day. Add in all those masks and she's up to her neck in sewing. She also has a new bottle baby, a tiny little black bull calf that was a runt twin and rejected by his mama. She feeds him several times a day and is having to travel farther afield to find his electrolytes supplements that he needs. All that plus cooking, cleaning, laundry, and Doyle and her days are over-full. She says she can't fit it all in, but said to tell you all 'hi' and she misses everyone!

Tonight for supper I think I might make a chili relleno torte. And a big salad.
How about you?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, April 23rd

Post by auntjana » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:39 am

Good morning!

Mary - sorry to not back you up. Those fields down near Young Living are not Sarah's. All those Young Living lavendar fields and company are run by a very good friend of ours. He gets me special VIP tickets to the draft horse show each year. Sarah's fields, you probably have driven by as well. Part of her fields are in southern Idaho, on the way to Twin Falls/Boise. A great majority of her fields are nearer to Idaho Falls. The company just added 2000 new acres for sod growing this year. So all of her sod comes out of Idaho.

We drove by our Costco here too, yesterday. Just to see if the lines were down waiting to get in. Not too many people and no line. We didn't go in ourselvesm just looked.

Not many more masks to sew. I have thirty, pinned and ready for ties this morning. Then wil do the last 20. I was worried about getting them all done on time. I hate deadlines, always worry about making it on time. I hate being late, even to church, it is so far away, that we leave 30 minutes before it starts! LOL! The church building is one block from my house!

So dinner is still simple heat and eat meals - when I am done with the current mask sewing, I will fix Mikey a nice dinner.

His follow up surgery, a colonospy is scheduled for the 28th of May. We wil see if that date holds or if it will be changed again. Can't spell today!

It is rainy, but warm - who hoo, warm!

Hugs,
Jana

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:28 am

Good early afternoon from a chilly, kind of dreary, SW. Pa....We get a sunny day, get our hopes up and then the next day it rains...But, everything is sure nice and green....

Mary, oh Mary, what are you eating before you go to bed??? The bear is a mystery but the fridge and cat makes "some" sense....I wish I had kept a journal of just my dreams, probably could be made into a best seller....Just makes you wonder! I just joined Sam's Club, only because they were giving so many goodies with your membership and I can always say, Kathy made me do it....She's a Groupon gal and passes along some good ideas.....The Sam's store is really close so one of these days, I'll wonder over...But in the meantime, I need to stay close to the sewing machine.....Kevin called last night with an order for masks, another gal on the street needs a couple and my Florida traveling buddy needs a couple... Was lucky to find more elastic hidden in my stash...Amazing what I'm finding in the bins stacked up in the shed......

Becca, sorry to hear about your Dollar General....We have a fairly new one almost within walking distance from me....It's really a nice, clean store and perfect when I might need just a loaf of bread or a little milk....

Jana, You've really taken on a mission, haven't you? But, what a blessing, that you're able to help....

I need to get hopping...Besides the sewing, need to run to the Post Office, return my old Comcast equipment, stop at the bank, deliver some masks and maybe stop at my DG....Have been waiting for Kevin to stop over....He is to pick up a new truck and said, he'd drive by...Told me, it's going to be bright red, so I just happen to find some red fabric with Bulldogs on it which will be perfect for him.....He and his bulldog, Kessie, go for rides when they get bored....Maybe I should be making a mask for Kessie.....

For dinner, good question.....Not sure if there's anything left in the fridge so it might be a poached egg and toast....

You all have a great rest of the day.....

Happy eating..................

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:05 am

Hello everyone was rainy but still cloudy & breezy at 50
Maryz oh your dreams sounds like some of mine I often wonder where they come from Last night I dreamed about our DDIL that died in Auto accident in 2001 They were visiting us
Our DG was new & always clean & has the nicest young lady that works there We have never lived close to one before because they are usually in small towns
We don’t shop at Walmart ever not in years And since this Pandemic I will definitely be avoiding them & Lowes People have swamped the stores

I talked to Bethany yesterday about her DHs stores She said they probably won’t open for another 3 to 4 wks But she said all is fine so no worries there I was very grateful

Jana No one here unless it’s Lowe’s sales sod that I know of Most people sow their yards
Sure people will appreciate all those masks I did find out my DGS & his wife in NY have the N95 masks Her step Dad had a box from his work he used to do That was a blessing

Irish The DG is a nice place to pick up something instead of going into a big store Ours too is level & flat easy to get into
So happy you have such a nice new Home Wish we could all drop by one day

Chickie We miss you but know many are blessed by your talents

Lori Sure sorry about your DFIL Hope something can reverse it I too used to feel like I had a vacation when DH used to go hunting for a week

I got bathrooms done while cleaning shower a door got off track CA finally got it fixed At least I got to clean under the parts you can’t get to
Will finish my dusting and floors Maybe It’s been one of those kind of days with lots of interruptions Plus I had to do some ordering on line Sure it will be slow in coming I order my nasal mist & spray on line much less
I’m grilling pork chops Have potatoes to bake And Beths good bread Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:06 pm

There's a show we enjoy watching, Barnwood Builders. Well, one of the guys always yells, "last log", when the project they are working on is done. LAST LOG! I have all the masks sewn for the service project. Ready for delivery on Saturday morning.

Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:47 pm

Jana, you sure whipped though those quickly. I've seen that show.

Becca, yes, it's nice for a while, but he'll be gone probably a month or two. I get tired of having to do everything myself.

Mary, I bet those blocks are going to be really pretty. I love using my fancy stitched. Glad your Costco run was a success. And thanks for letting us know about Chickie. I figured she was just busy.

I did a zoom chat with my friendship quilt group this morning. Then made a few masks. I had a heck of a time finding things and sewing. I should have just done something else.

For dinner I'll have a salad and leftover chicken.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:34 pm

Hi everyone! I'm sliding into my chair late again. We took our little travel trailer to Kevin, he's fixing to go on the road for at least 6 months but it could turn out to be 2 years, I really hope not. They do get to go home every weekend thankfully.
We have dry wind today, my least favorite.
I gotta scoot and make supper, it's my turn to feed Dad so need to take his to him too.
I'm just fixing grilled cheese and possibly canned tomato soup.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”