Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, April 17th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, April 17th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:15 am

Good morning!

We were 74* here yesterday. We are so dry that we already have a couple of wildfires burning in our state. I hung a load of wash on the line - first time this year. I also finished up the yard work in the back and side yards, and had some time to just sit in the back yard and relax and read. Plus I got about 20 more crazy blocks done. Tina was kind enough to post a photo of my first five blocks over in PHOTOS if you want to see. For some reason I suddenly can't get on QIAD with my phone, which is how I post pictures. I have 114 blocks done now and I think I'll stop making blocks for a while and start doing some fancy machine stitching on them. I also posted that meatloaf recipe in FAVORITE RECIPES.

We talked over the fence with our neighbor to the north of us, "Benson". We got to meet all his chickens by name. He is expanding their pen so we'll be able to see and visit with the chickens now and we can toss them veggie scraps, meat, egg shells, etc. But he told us chickens shouldn't have onions or pineapple. Who knew?? Probably Chickie, but who else?? And they give us eggs!

I have a little more yard work to finish, maybe today. We'll see how the muscles are doing when it warms up. I think our fridge is going to be OK, but the ice maker is toast. We have a new one on its way. Today, after we pick up our mail and supper, I plan to sanitize the house and then the car. I don't do it every day, but I always do it after we go somewhere. Today will be our first time out in a week. We'll fetch the mail and supper from Mexican restaurant.

JANA - I guess Mother Nature isn't ignoring her other disasters because of Covid-19. Hope your rockin' and rollin' stops soon! We also have tulip and daffodil festivals. Both cancelled. There are fields of them further north in the Skagit Valley where they are raised commercially. The fields are usually open to visitors, not to mention the parades and other events. All canceled this year. But still being done on line just like yours.

BECCA - sorry the drs office was in a tangle. I guess some appts can run longer than expected which would back things up. I thought you were able to get your shots in the parking lot. Nice to have new food in the house!

LORI - happy belated birthday to your FIL and his twin! I hope all goes well with him and his health woes. Looks like you and I are enjoying some of the same weather! 8-) I sometimes wonder about the dates that stores put on their foods. Many years ago I bought a lemon pie in the bakery of the grocery store. When I got it home I saw it was already dry and cracking. I took it back, got a refund, and as I was leaving the counter saw the young girl slap a new pull date on it and put it back in the case - after it had been in my house and brought back because it was stale! I never shopped that store again.

ROSEBUD - so sorry to hear of more deaths from this virus. Were they friends of yours? They just shouldn't happen! But relieved that you've been told to stay home - with pay. And those five weeks vacation will come in very handy at the end of all this!

TINA - cereal works for me! Some days I just can't face the kitchen. Thank you for posting my photo. I'm going to have to see what's up with QIAD and my phone. Bill was doing something with my phone and suddenly ALL my stuff was gone! And since then, I've had a terrible time trying to get things back. Some is gone forever. Grrr... Hope you are back sewing and back 'clubbing' with us soon!

As I mentioned, we're ordering Mexican food tonite. A treat to not have to cook. I hope we all get treats tonite!

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, April 17th

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:51 am

Good morning!
I'm sliding in early at the table so I don't forget to come back later..... or more likely get so busy I have no energy LOL
We're done with the manual labor from me.....I hope anyways! I may have to help with the gates but I'm hoping not. I need to water outside and clean the front yard...I may run the mower over it fast so it doesn't get too bad... maybe not though LOL after I water I'll be in my sewing room I think.
Mary, glad your fridge is ok after all. About egg shells for the neighbor's chickens, I've read they have to be crushed up and I believe baked or it can cause them to eat their own eggs. Just what I've read. There's a list of about 10 things chickens can't eat, I know potatoe peels and avocado pits are on it, oh and apple seeds....I didn't know pineapple though
Sorry I've been MIA, time just gets away from me sometimes.
Dad's story had more to it after all.... he was itching so bad and covered head to toe with a rash it hives, not sure which myself. After a week of that and not sleeping at all because if the itch for at least 3 whole days and nights were finally talked him into going to the hospital Friday night. They put him on an IV of benadryl and steroids and it totally cleared him up for 30 hours! When he wad released he told us all it was a medicine reaction to his new A-fib medication. Sunday at about 3am the rash and itching returned, Monday morning he calls his NP and he tells me the NP tells him it is a viral infection and he was given 2 prescriptions at the hospital that he "forgot" he was supposed to have filled Saturday morning. So I go pick them up and get them filled. Tuesday he's telling everyone he had a bacterial or fungal infection. Soooooo I have no idea what is wrong with him but the antibiotic is now helping the rash but making his stomach hurt awful. I've told him to eat yogurt 3-5 times a day but he doesn't so I just deliver food, clean up and visit a few minutes while I'm cleaning and he's eating and then I leave. I talked to his preacher's wife about how none of us know what is actually going on with Dad medically, he doesn't want anyone going into his appointments which my SIL is fine with, I think she just doesn't want to be bothered. He always asks her to take him because she just drops him off and she goes and does other things. If any good has come out of the way both if my parents are so secretive about their lives it's that I'll never do that to my kids which probably results in me telling them more than they want to hear LOL but that's ok, they see the turmoil it causes me with my parents and they agree that they'd rather know too much than not enough. LOL my book for the day.
I'm going to see if I have chicken in the freezer, I've been wanting some chicken.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:22 am

Hello everyone sunny day
Got My walk in early seems funny to see no one out & hardly any cars

Maryz The receptionist was the old one that leaves a lot to be desired The set up was totally different but it’s done for 1 month & Im hoping it’s over by then who knows
I saw the recipe and it’s a lot like mine except the horseradish & hot sauce We don’t like much heat I love meatloaf
I loved your crazy quilt blocks

Tina Sure good to hear from you So sorry your Dad insists on secrecy Makes it tough for you I love being outside

Lori Happy Birthday to your FIL & his twin Sure hope things goes well if he has surgery

Rosebud I’m sorry about your friends death I didn’t see that So glad you get to stay Home

I plan to clean up kitchen Sterilization in car & anything in house that needs it Then go out
I’m
Making Swiss steak n creamed potatoes
Becca
Last edited by Becca on Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:58 am

Mary, yes both the associates were friends of mine. One was only 35 yo with a family.

Tina good to see you at the table. I'm like you, if I don't get here early, I get busy and usually don't make in.

I'm still mulling over ideas for what to fix for supper tonight. The Swiss steak and potatoes sound really good, and so does the Mexican take out.

I am still working on my group of masks. Unless someone requests some, I think I will stop at the 36 I have in progress. I will keep a couple for myself, then see if my Church will pick up the rest to give out.

Have a happy and blessed day.

Mary/Rosebud

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:42 am

Good morning!

Been fussing around with a few uglies. Most of them are caught up now. Michael was supposed to be on a conference call, but that has been put off until Monday morning.

Not much here. I have the ham bone ready for Sarah. We will utilize a bike delivery pickup and delivery service - Ethan. He is so bored at home, so it gives him a chance to be outside. He calls before he leaves his house to me and reports back to his mom, he made it. We know about how long it takes, so if he is not here in that time frame, out we go to find him. About a 10 munute bike ride between houses.

Dinner - a ham primavera concoction. I have some frozen gnocchi, ham, broth, broccoli, and zucchini, so will throw it all together and see what happens. Maybe make a batch of cheddar biscuits too.

Michael found the surge protector to fit our breaker panel. Michael calls it a zap sucker. He and Matt will install it. I will hide - two engineers, one panel, two many chiefs to install one breaker. LOL! Matt is very accustomed to being the boss, he is at his job, and so is Michael. Hence, my hiding! Sarah will probably be in the mix too - she can do electrical work right along side her Dad and brothers. Oh yes, everyone in this family is very opinionated, makes for some very interesting family discussions.

Time to scoot, have a short grocery pickup run. Used anither ine of the stores in my area, they had things in stick we need,

Hugs,
Jana

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:27 pm

Good late afternoon from a chilly, rainy, soggy, dreary, SW. Pa.....I think I covered it all and it's just plain miserable.....
I have decided, I'm loosing it....I came earlier, was reading and then wanted to check out Mary's blocks and also the meat loaf recipe and then forgot to come back....I did this twice, duh!

But, did come back and made sure I read all the posts, see what everyone is having for supper and just making sure everyone is behaving......
I started off the day with big plans that did include finally cleaning the shed or at least making a path from front to back...Well, that didn't last long, too chilly for me...But, did bring in a couple small bins of fabric and started making masks..Then Kevin called and asked if I had any extra, the kids all need them for work...Along with work, our governor has put out a "sort of order" if you do have to go out, you have to wear a mask...Which I'm all in favor of plus I'm in favor of the "stay at home" sort of rule...There are times when it's necessary, we all know, but when you see the parking lots full at the non essential places, then you wonder....I needed to pick up my RX and deposit a check (thru the drive thru) and I couldn't wait to get back home...But, any how, all afternoon, back to the mask making business....My sister went through her stash and found me some elastic...Of all people, she has a hard time threading a needle, had elastic???But, she is a darn good cook, so we'll let it slide....So, not burning the fingers until I run out of elastic....But, I do have to laugh when someone does ask you to make something and then they TELL you what color or how they want it done....Have a niece like that.....

Mary, so glad you're having decent weather and able to sit outside and enjoy...Kathy told me, she wished I could come out now because it's so nice...Said, we couldn't go any where but it's nice...Oh well, I have a feeling, nice weather is on it's way to our neck of the woods and my porch is ready...I did check out the meatloaf recipe and it does sound good but I can see, it would be too "warm" for me...The other day, you did ask if I had had my gall bladder checked and that was one of the tests I had done and said, it was fine....But, there are times when I beg to differ...Just makes me mad when I want to eat and know I can't....

Becca, Glad you were able to get your shot even if it was "interesting"...Oh my, your dinner sounds so good.....

Tina, that was quite a story about your Dad...I think your Dad doesn't want any one to have to worry but in the long run, he's making you worry more by not knowing.....I've found, even myself, I don't tell the kids the "whole" truth....It does sound like you've been busy but you're always busy...You need a vacation.....

Well, here it is almost 6:00 and I haven't really thought about supper...There has to be something in the fridge that needs eaten or might just have a poached egg and toast......

Hope you all have had a good day and your weekend will be special.....Stay safe!

Happy eating................

Return to “Chit Chat”