Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, April 15th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, April 15th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:48 am

Good morning,

Not a lot happening here. I got all my fabric sorted, scraps in a big tote, and more crazy blocks finished. Total 78 now. That's about all I accomplished yesterday. Then I made that meatloaf. I have to say it was the best meatloaf ever ate. I'm not a big meatloaf person, but I had two helpings! There is quite a bit of hot sauce and cayenne in it and I cut that by 1/3, but otherwise, I made it exact to recipe. We'll be eating meatloaf for a while now. We had baked potatoes last night - we may have them again tonite if Bill wishes. And the fresh veggies are gone so it will be canned green beans or corn, or frozen peas . .

IRISH - so good to hear from you. You are really settling into your new home and making it yours. And those last boxes can wait. They aren't going to run off! The masks are never ending. We have a friend who is a doctor and teaches at a medical college and even HE couldn't get masks! Since the school is all on line now, and not in a clinical setting, they wouldn't issue him a mask so he asked for two of my cotton masks for him and his wife. But, like you, I didn't use pipe cleaners. Some people were using floral wire, but I would worry about the ends poking through and that's close to the eyes! And speaking of eyes, they are also a portal for this virus, so if you are out and about, wearing a mask, I personally think we should also be wearing glasses or eye protection of some kind. So sad to hear about Tim's sister. I don't know him, but I'm sending cyber hugs to him anyway.

LORI - I suppose that was risky talk yesterday regarding Mother Nature. But the joke would be on her - I love snow! lol! If your son is in AZ, who's taking care of your grand-dogs?? Hope he stays safe! Every day for the last 3 days I've been planning to work in the yard in the afternoon, and every day I find a good excuse to not do it. But I really should today. I fed my roses over the weekend so I'm good there for a bit, but the few flowerbeds I have are pretty bad and need some TLC.

BECCA - You've reminded me that I probably should change our dental cleaning appts. They are for May 5th which seemed safe enough at the time, but now I'm wondering if I should make them for August. Mmmm... Beth's Baguettes - sounds yummy!

JANA - 3 extra bags of groceries?! Lucky! My luck, I would be the one who arrived home to find I was MISSING 3 bags of groceries! :lol: Glad your oven got fixed - but that repair cost more than my whole stove did (in 2008)! Glad the power co. is going to pay for it.

Chickie texted me yesterday. She is still making bonnets and masks as fast as she can. I think she is outfitting the entire staff of a small rural hospital. 60 bonnets and 100 masks. The nurses provided the fabric. Plus, she has another bottle baby in a pen under her porch - a sweet little black bull calf. He was a tiny twin that his mama rejected. He now knows who his REAL mama is! :lol: So she is busy, busy, busy. She said she took time yesterday morning to make a big pot of taco soup that should feed Doyle for a few days so she won't have to cook.

I know Tina's dad came home from the hospital and it was a new med for A-fib that was causing his problems. Other than that, I haven't heard any updates from her.

So, supper tonite - leftover meatloaf, and everything else to be decided later. We're down to our last few slices of bread so I'll be baking bread today or tomorrow. I stocked up on flour at the beginning of March, knowing we wouldn't be running to the store for anything any time soon. We have a bag of frozen sirloin burgers, too, and I have Judi's recipe for hamburger buns so I'll be baking those soon, too.

How's the larder looking at your house?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, April 15th

Post by auntjana » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:09 am

Good morning!

Mary - so glad that was a good recipe! I was a tiny bit worried as it came from Gene. He has pulled a few odd recipes out of his hat!

My pantry is holding very well. We are using the shop online with the grocery stores here. Able to get milk and eggs. We can get fresh veggies, although I am only getting lettuce, tomatoes and onions, things that are not quite so picky over. Others I will use my can pantry stock.

Dinner - I can use my oven! So it will be our Easter Dinner. Then it will be leftovers the rest of the week. Mine is a bone in ham, so after I remove all the meat, Sarah wants the bone for soup - split pea - a definite NOT favorite in this house. But her family likes it.

Time to head down to the Batt Cave, sew a few masks for the porch and watch for when the big Church service project will begin - I am ready and well practiced in the art of mask making.

Stay safe,
Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:28 am

Hello everyone sunny here at 59 after a start of 35 Got my walk in then got bathrooms cleaned & dust bunnies chased out
My Larder will be filled in the morning I was ok except for fresh veggies and fruit but he is getting Everything for me He is very thoughtful And he lives 2 hrs away He tries to see Bethany’s family while here but he won’t go to Twins house because he’s been around other people Afraid of giving them germs

Maryz I have all my chores done outside for now Would love the meatloaf recipe I will google Taste of Home for theirs We both Love meatloaf

Jana Guess you will be mask making again With elastic it’s so
Much easier & quicker

Chickie We miss you but that’s a wonderful thing you are doing for the Hospital And for your baby under the porch lol

I will do floors I have cowboy beans leftovers And Beths bread They go good together. Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:52 am

Well I did get my taxes done yesterday, but I didn't get out to the yard. I opened the fridge and decided it needed to be cleaned, then went on to cleaning other things around the house. So taxes and cleaning got done yesterday. DH will mail them off today. We pay quarterly, so we'll stick to our normal payment schedule.

Becca, I got my walk in with you. Although our weather is much nicer today. Suppose to hit 82.

Jana, Yay! the oven is fixed. I love to make soup with the ham bone. It's amazing how much ham is still on the bone.

Mary, glad the meatloaf came out good. I'm not a fan of meat loaf. Closest I get is meatballs, and only if I make them with fresh herbs from the garden.

Well my chicken and potatoes didn't pan out last night. I just didn't feel like cooking after being busy all day. So we did leftovers.

Tonight we are going to order in Baby back ribs. They are also selling cocktails togo. Crazy. I think I might order the banana pudding as well. I don't usually get it when we go, because I always full, but I can save it for later.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”