Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, April 14th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, April 14th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:41 am

Good morning!

I think we're about the only part of the country having pretty weather this week. So sorry for the rest of you. Especially the SE. I spent yesterday morning in my sewing room, going through my stash looking for small pieces and scraps that I tuck into folds of yardage. All for my crazy quilt. Thank you, JANA! I'm still not done with that. Then I was going to work in the yard in the afternoon, but Bill was fixing a hanging light fixture on the deck, had the ladder out asked if there was anything else on the deck that needed doing, and two hours later we had my collection of fancy birdhouses FINALLY (after about 5 years) hung in the rafters, the clock fixed, everything swept, the summer rug and quilts out and the fountain cleaned and running. I declare it summer! Today will be more fabric tossing, then some back yard weeding.

Our ice maker is still not good. If we push the reset button, it drops a few shards of ice and water into the ice bucket. Sigh. But Bill found the icemaker for sale on Amazon and he can fix this so he ordered it yesterday. No idea when it will come. The comforter and the iron never did show up. Wonder if they consider appliance repair as 'essential', even if it's only an ice maker. Oh! Our new furniture finally arrived, but they aren't delivering right now. We could pick it up, but I'm not up to helping lift a couch and two recliners so we're just letting it stay at the store for now.

BECCA - sorry about the dr appt. I guess a phone call would be wise next time. I never thought about the dr office hours changing, but it makes sense. So happy to hear you are OK from the storm but how sad for those who aren't. And we aren't eating out. We are ordering and will pick up. Probably Mexican. All restaurants are closed. But that won't be until Thursday.

JANA - so is he coming today?? Huh?? Will he be there today??

LORI - oh, yes, we are here solely for the comfort and care of the fur-folk. And we obey their every command. I think Scottie has surreptiously put us through his own form of obedience training! And we passed with honors without ever realizing we were attending!

Supper tonite is going to be meatloaf, baked potatoes and carrots. The meatloaf recipe is one that my Alaskan DB, Gene, sent. He got it out of a cowboy cookbook. About half of his cooking efforts get tossed out to the wildlife (he still has a foot of snow on the ground), but he said this meatloaf was the best he had ever eaten! Now his wife, Marge, was a big time cook and a field editor for Taste of Home Magazine, so you know he's had some good meatloaves in his time. So I thought - why not give this recipe a shot. I would say here, "How bad can it be?", but considering the source, it has potential to be REALLY bad. But we'll see . . . .

I hope your supper has better potential than ours!

Irishgram

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, April 14th

Post by Irishgram » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:38 am

Good late morning from a very chilly, kind of dreary, SW. Pa...We did have sun this morning but I think Mr. Sun got cold and had to go back inside to warm up...... We've had some very pretty days but today just isn't one of them.....

Mary, my heavens, Girl, slow down! You did more in 1 day than I do all month.....But, now you can relax and enjoy....I'm anxious to hear about the meat loaf, one of my favorite foods and when you add a baked potato, that's 1st class....I'm still working on the masks and trying to figure out a better way to keep from burning the fingers....I did give a bunch to my sister for her family...Her daughter, Diane, works in the school cafeteria making lunches for those in need and she is also allergic to plastics and the masks they are given must have some sort of plastic in them and it's causing problems..So, she was excited to get mind...And Diane's daughter works at Med1st and also decided she wanted some but she wants her's made with the pipe cleaner....Sorry, this is what I got, I'm not shopping for pipe cleaners....Mean, huh???

Jana, been thinking of you and hoping you get your stove taken care of and back in business today...The other day, you also had mentioned using fabric to wrap dishes etc. when moving...We found, using the padded envelopes you get at the Post Office were great...Big enough to slide in a dish or even a couple cups and perfect for glasses...Kathy had made an order and had them sent right to the house along with priority boxes which really came in handy....BUT, if I ever get all the boxes unpacked, never again...This is it!

Becca, I agree, a phone call from the doctor's office would have been nice....Was thinking about you during those storms and so very happy to hear you and hubby are OK.....Just watching the news and seeing those terrible pictures, my heart just sinks....Just can't imagine what they are going through....Stay safe my friend.....

Had some sad news from Kathy...Tim's sister has passed away...She had been in the hospital about a month ago, then released to go back to her apartment....No one had heard from her in a few days so another sister had the landlord check and he found she had passed...AND now, they are saying, she did have the virus....Kathy and Tim had been staying home, not seeing anyone other than the wild animals on their daily walks in the mountains so they're hoping they are OK....Boy, you just never know.....

I'm waiting for Kevin to come over....He texted, saying he had to go out and asked if I needed anything...He's really gotten to be super careful about where he goes or what he does and carries his spray and wipes with him.....I'd like to make him lunch but I'll probably end up giving him my left overs to take home.....My sister sent over a dinner on Sunday that would feed an army and boy was it good but too much......

I finished the curtains for the sewing room, do want to make a valance for my bedroom but also want to tackle more masks, so it looks like I'll be in the sewing room if anyone is looking for me......

More left overs for dinner but I might also make some asparagus.....Not sure what's happening but I'm actually doing more cooking.......

You all have a good rest of the day.....Stay well

Happy eating......

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:53 am

Mary, you're just tempting mother nature. You know she's going to send snow your way now.
It's been cloudy, rainy, and cool here. Very unusual for Southern California. Today we are supposed to warm up a bit.

Irish, sounds like you're making your house a home with you curtains and such. And cooking too. That's great. I love cooking.

It's sunny and beautiful this morning. We have a lot of snow on our local mountains and they are fabulous to see. I feel bad for all the people that are missing out on spring snow. We don't get it that often.
Well I need to finish up the taxes today. It shouldn't take too long. It's going to be a beautiful spring day with the sun shining. I may spend some time outside in the garden pulling weeds and tidying the flower beds. I need to feed the roses as well.

For dinner, I think we will have BBQ chicken and sliced potatoes with onion on the grill as well. Easy clean up.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:16 am

Hello everyone a beautiful sunny day here
Yesterday was too after our stormy nite

Maryz & Irish I called as soon as office opened You now have to make an appt for shots That’s so the waiting room isn’t sitting full My appt is first on Thurs It’s my last day to get them or I start over
There are many here with homes washed away or flooded or had mud slides It was really some night for a lot of people I’m thankful we are ok but feel for those affected

I too have been doing removal of leaves in ditches & one dogwood limb at edge of woods came down Its all cleaned up now

Maryz I meant you would be having a nice meal from a restaurant I knew you would not go out At least you won’t have to cook I’m anxious to hear how the meat loaf is I used to love Taste of Home recipes

Lori Enjoy your tax work & doggie walk day

Irish New curtains & cooking You are getting settled in it sounds like you are right at Home & you can start new again
Pray Kathy & DH are safe from the virus Sad about his DS

I am making cowboy beans Will have Beths
Bagguets with them Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:22 am

Good mid day!

Just finished up with getting the grocery pickup order. All disinfected and put away. They goofed and gave us three bags of someone else's order - they can't take it back - health rules. So there were quite a few things that Sarah could use and Sandee too. We shared. Tonight's dinner will be Oklahoma Onion burgers. They are easy and yummy. Hopefully we will have our oven back in a little while.

I am heading down to sew a few masks and make me a new purse/tote bag. My way of staying clear of the repair tech.

Not much new here otherwise.

Maryz - at least you now know where the new furniture is. A nice treat when all this stay home is over! I am ready for some summer deck things too.

Irish - I still have on box - a large wooden toy box, DH's dad made when Michael was little, to unpack. Currently, there are several 50# wheat bags stacked on top. I do know what is in the box, my collection of several porcelein dolls. Which is fine, since my little granddaughters are not hig enough yet to give them too. Never again am I moving! Twice in one life is enough!

Lori - snow is really pretty, as long as it is on the mountains and I view it from a nice distance!

Sarah is back - needing to use some of Michael's tools. He is very watchful for safety and that the tools stay here. She drags down what she needs cut - she loves her truck!

Stay safe!
Hugs,
Jana

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:30 pm

Hip hip hooray and a swipe of plastic and $1500 later, I have a working oven! Could have been worse - both circuit boards could have been fried, that would have been almost double the cost. You are darn right that Rocky Mountain Power will be getting the claim form for the damage. They have already been notified. So it now works and I can cook again! Now maybe that's not a good thing....... LOL!

Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”