Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, April 13th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, April 13th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:45 am

Good morning!

Our Easter went as planned - walk, sew, & weed. Today, maybe I'll switch it up and weed, sew, walk! Nah. . . It confuses the dog. :lol: I have 50+ crazy blocks made so far. Only 390-ish to go! I'm really running through my scraps. I may have to stop and make more quilts so I can get more scraps.

BECCA - hope you got to talk to some of your family yesterday.

ROSEBUD - fried taters and eggs is one of my all time favorite meals! Toss in a couple slices of crisp bacon and I'm in supper heaven!

JANA - This Easter may have been like no other, but it's certainly the one that will stick out in everyone's memory! Hope your oven gets fixed today. I think the appliance gremlins are loose. My sister's faucet broke, then her washer, then your oven, and now our freezer won't make ice. Not a critical thing, as I'm the only one here who likes ice - and I can make it in trays. But still . . . I'm spoiled! And I want to keep it that way!

CAROL - Leftover ham is so versitile, but 7# is a LOT! My DMIL used to dice it up into mac & cheese. And soups are always good, plus just plain fried ham with eggs and potatoes. You just can't eat all those leftovers before they go bad. So yep- into the freezer it goes. I had 1/2 of a formerly 3.5# ham in the freezer I could have made for Easter but we still aren't over the week of leftovers we had in March from the first half of that ham! lol!

Our chicken alfredo last night was so tasty and I think we have enough for tonite. Besides diced chicken, egg noodles, and alfredo sauce, I added capers, sun dried tomatoes, peas, and mushrooms and sprinkled with parmesan cheese. Yum! Bill liked it a lot.

I hope whatever your supper is tonite, you like it a lot, too!

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, April 13th

Post by Becca » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:52 am

Hello everyone after a stormy night Lots of
Flooding power outages downed trees & roads washed out Denise said I 85 is closed by Charlotte due to trees & power lines on road Going to town wasn’t pleasant Then whennI get toOffice a sign on Door says open at 11:00 Not my day But at least I made it Home safe We had 5.6 ins of rain in about 6 hrs
And coming Home the sun popped out & a big beautiful rainbow was in the sky It brought tears to my eyes It was incredible

Maryz We talked to all our Children & some DGS too Also got pictures &videos sent to us It was a good day even if it was different
Glad you get to eat out I would if CA was better health wise

I am having a day so far of answering calls & texts from family checking on us
Must get going on something else Will be burgers here today. Becca
Much worse here since I’ve read some reports People evacuating from Homes in the night Homes destroyed Stores flooded & cant open Sad to hear TN got hit the hardest
Last edited by Becca on Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:25 am

Good morning!

OK, who sent the crazy weather here? First we had beautiful sunshine, then the next minute, I looked out the back windows and it was snowing! Now, less than 10 minutes, it is sunny and the birds are singing.

No idea on dinner, it could be Easter ham, and Aunt Sarah Salad, aka funeral potatoes or something that can be zapped cooked in the microwave. We are still wondering if the repair tech is coming. Michael is on the phone with them as I type. Rats, mircowave tonight, they will be here tomorrow! At least I have a very yummy breakfast right now. Sarah made a bread pudding with leftover stale homemade cinnamon rolls and brought me some last night.

Not much more going on here. A few more masks to sew and crazy blocks. Heading to the Batt Cave, to continue going Batt Crazy!

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:51 am

Mary, we know too well that it is all about the dogs and cats in this house. We are here mainly to make their life wonderful. lol We take our walk about the same time every morning. If we don't, we get the look. You know the look. We had to walk a little later a few days last week because of the rain.
Jack would just go pout until he fell asleep. Then would be so excited when we went out. Silly dog.

Jana, mother nature obviously has a sense of humor. Bummer about the oven. Hopefully tomorrow.

We'll we had Spaghetti and meatballs for dinner last night. I didn't make it earlier in the week so I needed to use up the ground beef. It's one of DH's favorite, so he was very happy. Tonight I think I will do baked potatoes with leftover chili on them. I think I will suggest we order in one day this week. I'm getting tired of having to cook all the time. I need to vacuum and tidy up a bit. Then I need to do the taxes.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”