Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, April 8th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, April 8th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:08 am

Good morning,

Did you see the "pink super moon" last night? I fell asleep, per my usual. Rats! Today is my DB & DSIL's 59th anniversary. She made it! She'll sleep through most of it and he'll probably spend the day cleaning the garage and then making himself something gaacky for supper but SHE MADE IT!

We see Vicki from time to time, out in her yard. She has lined up multiple chairs, both back yard and front, aimed at our house so she can sit out and keep a good eye on us. She gives us her one-finger salutes whenever we're outside. And she bangs objects a lot - rocks on outside tables, old gutter pieces on the side of the house, anything to make noise that she believes will drive us away. At least I guess that's why she does it. Sometimes she turns music up as loud as it will go. If we're outside and hear it, we dance.

Yesterday Bill's sister, Becky, had a 4-hour operation to remove a giant cyst (10x7x2") from her ovary. Needless to say they took the ovaries and performed a hystie as well. Her husband wasn't allowed in the hospital - no visitors - so he sat in his car in the parking lot from 7:30am to 2:00pm when he finally got word that she'd been moved to recovery. He won't be able to see her until she is discharged, hopefully on Friday. We are thankful that the word came back NO CANCER because that was our big worry. Now to just get her out of the hospital un-infected with Covid.

I'm still making masks and my friend, Annette, is asking for some for the veterans' home where they volunteer. They need 300 so I'm making for her cause now. Our hospital and the local nursing home never returned my calls so I"m guessing they don't need any. If they do, I'll make more for them.

BECCA - I'm so glad you can do your essential errands from your car window! Hope you can get out to walk today.

LORI - that Wrigley! He's a big old sweetie! Even wet! Hardly bothers me at all from here! :lol: I've got a lot of things to say about the person selling cotton masks for $10. But QIAD has rules about what we can say here . . .

JANA - thanks for the reminder on making bias tape the old way! I'd forgotten that. Oh, I do hope your engineer can fix your stove. Bill often reaches his phone into those hard to reach places to take pix of model numbers, problems, etc. Sometimes it works! I think of Stu a lot these days. Glad he has a good mask!

My meatball stew turned out really good! Pardon me if I sound surprised. What an easy way to add meat to soups and stews. And we have plenty for tonite, too. What are you surprising yourself with tonite?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, April 8th

Post by auntjana » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:42 am

Good morning!

Mary - yes, we did see the Super Moon - Pink as it rose over my mountains to the east. Ethan was here and very excited to see it. His dad brought down the telescipe and they were looking at the moon through it. Then took the telescope out to the front yard, looking west to see Orion. The moon was called Pink, because of the Phlox flower that blooms now, in that color. Orion was close last night as well.

The stove - uggh - nothing yet. Found if we need a new circuit board - they are over $1000 and then the cost of the repairman. I went and looked online at a new one, stove, just like this one and it is not that much more. But, still have to have someone unknown in the house, right now, is not a option. Either to repair or install.

Sarah is like a little kid on Christmas - her garden is growing fast. Takes pictures of the small plants and sends them to me. Even the baby chicks are growing fast. Ethan is growing radishes and tends to them.

Ethan rode his bike down last night, to get out of chores, we had a talk about that, and then finnagled dinner. Nachos. So tonight is unknown yet, but no baking, just cooking on the top. I have fresh lettuce and tomatoes, so maybe a chef salad with pink thingys. I need to make some croutons from ciabatta bread that is a bit stale too. Fresh strawberries too. Even have vanilla ice cream to put them on. Humm, eating well here!

Time for breakfast, cheerios here I come,

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:47 am

Jana, what a bad time for the oven to go out. Our mother board went out on our oven years ago. We had bought the extended warranty so it was covered. If we had to pay for it, it would be more cost effective to just replace it. It seems ridiculous that it's that way.

Mary, Wrigley is a big bundle of lovin'. He loves everyone. He would be your best friend. I saw the moon this morning when I opened the drapes at 0630. It was light out and the moon was big and beautiful. It was raining last night so we couldn't see it then. I tried to take a picture this morning, but it didn't come out very good.

Dinner is unknown. I think I have ground beef, so I could make meatballs and spaghetti. That sounds good. We shall see.

Have a lovely day. Wash your hands.

Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:50 am

Hello sunny here Beautiful
I got my walk in &am resting on the porch looking at Mtns &flowering trees So pretty
My trip was different but the Drug store had it set up good Then Bethany was happy to get her mask She looked pretty with it
I got 2 baguettes froze one And they have chickens so I got fresh eggs She had ginger cookies but I didn’t get any

Maryz Glad Marge made it thru their anniversary And happy Bills sister is no cancer No hospital allows visits now

Jana Ethan keeps you entertained Glad their. Garden is growing
Sorry about your stove Most parts are more than cost of new or close

Lori Most Doggies just want love I know ours did I don’t like to sew at nite because of seeing good especially if it’s black material

I have beans so I’m cooking rice to have with them
Stay safe Becca

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:45 pm

Supper here tonight is bbq beef sandwiches.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Chit Chat”