Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, April 6th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, April 6th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:40 am

Good morning,

We are only 39* here this morning. Rumor is we will be knocking on 60's door by Thursday. But they've said that before. We'll be out there walking soon, bundled to our eyeballs.

Yesterday was a real marathon - I made 30 masks - the most in one day so far. Now we have deliveries to make today to PD, FD, and I hope a deputy can swing in and pick up their batch. We also have an iron ready for curbside pick-up at Kohl's (2-1/2 miles away). We gave up on the one we ordered and our money was refunded. This is the third thing that has been lost in shipping since beginning of Feb. Not counting our new furniture that we ordered back in Jan. And even if it arrives, it won't be delivered to us until summer probably. It is what it is. But I HAVE to have an iron!

BECCA - you have such a loving family to check on you so often and bring you whatever you need. I'm so sorry about Taylor's loss. She's the mommy of the newest twins, isn't she? And how are "our" twins doing? I like the idea of putting a branch on the front door for Holy Week. Actually, we already have one there that blew down on a windy day last week. Guess we'll leave it there!

IRISH - you and Baby Girl are almost settled in! Are you getting a new dryer or is someone bringing it from your old house for you? It's been a hectic two months for you. I think you're allowed a late sleep and a lazy morning.

JANA - you've got a real assembly line going in your group! The troopers will be so appreciative!

We are all out of lasagna so it's on to new food tonite. I'm going to make a stew in the crockpot using frozen meatballs. We've got a lot of them. How bad can they be? Right? Maybe I'll even bake some biscuits . . .

What's your plan?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, April 6th

Post by auntjana » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:21 am

Good morning!

We are quite warm, over 50! How nice! I have laundry going, dishes done and heading down to the Batt Cave for more sewing. Dinner is leftover pot roast, a heat and eat meal.

Mary - we are hanging out here at home, too. We pick up a grocery order tomorrow morning, then wil be home again. We are making the milk stretch and will probably start with the dairy delivering. There are still milkmen!

Off to change laundry and then head downstairs,

Hugs,
Jana

Stay Safe!

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:39 am

Hello everyone sunny here at 80 Got my walk in early due to heat Also got an Hr of yard work done

Maryz Yesterday Marty called checking on us & to see if we need anything Denise called this morning They are being very vigilant in checking on us Denise said her DS & wife that live in NY are not going out for any reason Too risky
His coworker is still on respiratory & in critical condition He has a 2 & 4 yr old
Yes Taylor is the twins Mother She will not go out because of them They are both doing great & growing like weeds I told levi I can’t wait to hold them He said as soon as this is over they will come
Sure sorry about all your delays but it is
Sure changing lots of things we called to order our flowers for the graves She said they are doing business thru the window

Jana Glad the masks are helping out I mailed off some this morning I saw about pipe cleaners too I gave a big box to TStore Ugh

Chickie I too stay home but I think it’s just knowing you can’t go anywhere lol
Glad you have the farm to be out on

Irish So glad you are getting settled in
It takes a while after moving to have it like Home Know you will love it

I am going back outside to finish my job Trying to make it look nice for Easter
I am having burgers today Going to cook a pot of beans for tomorrow Becca
Last edited by Becca on Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:44 am

Good morning! Our crazy temperatures are on the move again! The other day, we didn’t get over 35 and had freezing rain and drizzle—after the day before was 70 degrees! Since then we’ve had 40s and 50s with today going for (maybe) 70. I need to go for a walk! I seldom go anywhere, but this “stay at home” lockdown has me going stir crazy with just the thought of it. Nuts, I know. At least I’m in wide open spaces to get out and walk!

As the rest of you have been doing, I’ve been making masks and the scrub caps. More of that today, too! I was glad to see MaryQ is easing the swap block deadline.

Becca—my sister posted that she had a palm branch on her front door. So sorry for Taylor’s loss. Your family is wonderful to do all the errands for you! I’m sorry to hear of another acquaintance on a ventilator… Prayers for him!

Mary—your fingers must be stubs by now with that marathon mask sewing! A lot of things are not being shipped now.

Irish—sounds like all is going well for you and you are settling in your new digs. Funny about cooking. With this lockdown, I want to make (and eat) comfort foods.

Jana—I have laundry going here, too. When I was a kid in SF, we had Golden Gate Milk delivered and put in a little door in the wall. When we moved to Kansas, there were three dairies that delivered. Now there are none. You are fortunate!

Dinner tonite—I have some leftovers… pizza and channel cat with fried morels. There is also the last of my salad makings. I might get motivated to make something for dessert, but neither of us needs it. Still… it sounds delish—any dessert!

Bon appétit!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:51 pm

Mary, do you have elastic? Or are you doing ties? I ran out of elastic, so I started making ties. It takes an extra 5 minutes per mask to make the ties and another 3 minutes to sew them. It really slows things down. I'm waiting on some elastic that I ordered, but probably won't be here for 2 weeks.

Jana, I talked with my DS last night and he said the weather was quite nice yesterday. Upper 50's. Heat wave. We're upper 50's with rain today so it's cold for us. lol

Chickie, sounds like you are busy sewing for the cause as well.

Well I'm taking a break from masks. I did figure out if I assembly line sew it's way faster. Also, I made a template for marking the pleats which makes that process faster.

Dinner tonight is up in the air. I'm busy sewing.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:34 pm

Lori - did you use the pin method of running the strips through to make the edges fold to the center?

II am sure that you could Google the method on You Tube - I will check and see - it is a old way of folding to make bias, without a bias tape maker.

So far today, I have made 35 and working on several more
Jana

Found it - https://blog.treasurie.com/how-to-make- ... ding-tape/ Scroll down the page and it shows you the two pins and how to do it -- no more burnt fingers!

Return to “Chit Chat”