Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, April 5th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, April 5th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:38 am

Good morning,

We're 43* this morning, up 10* from yesterday and going to a cloudy 55*. But better than rainy!

Here, it's all about making masks. I have a stack for the G.H. PD, and a bigger stack for our county sheriff's department. Just waiting for their offices to open tomorrow. Today I start making for the fire department. After that, nursing homes. I may not be able to quit making masks when this is all over. It's sort of ingrained now. But when I do finally quit masks I'm thinking of a project to commemorate this quarantine - a crazy quilt!

JANA - glad your idea of "porch masks" is working out so well! Did you see the video of the Surgeon General making a mask out of fabric and two rubber bands? Glad Aaron now has some N95's. I learned yesterday that putting masks in paper bags is effective. Takes 34 hours for there to be no trace of virus.

LORI - thanks for the article. Good to know. RV shopping will be fun - but why Airstream? I know they are quality but storage in them is minimal at best, plus they have no slides for more room. Just curious.

Our lasagna last night was good enough. I also have a bag of 'super greens' from Costco that we bought weeks ago but they are still fresh so I saute'd them with bacon bits, garlic, olive oil, S&P, and a little basalmic vinegar. Yum! Tonite will be a repeat of everything.

Wishing us all a tasty supper!

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, April 6th

Post by Becca » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:32 am

Hello everyone sunny here A nice day
Got my walk in

Maryz It’s masks here too Takes me longer with ties I have seen all kinds online Paper & cloth

Here people are putting a green branch on your door or in the Window for Holy Week I put mine on this morning

Taylor lost her Grandpa this morning He had been in Hospital at least 3 was or more Had lung disease but they said his Heart gave out

It will be spaghetti again We both Love it plus a salad
Marty called 2 times yesterday Alex & Denise too checking on their Dad And Marty telling me not to go out for anything He will get it And he’s 2 hrs away He said I have people that will get it to you
Have a great day and know all will be fine
Becca

Irishgram

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, April 6th

Post by Irishgram » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:56 am

Good afternoon from a warm, semi sunny, SW. Pa....It's a glorious day here in the east...So many of the neighbors are out in their yards, enjoying the fresh air.....

Mary, you are indeed the Queen of the masks! You really are doing your share to help get through this terrible time.....I've finally gotten through my shed and have come up with a bin of just flat quarters so look out...Since, the elastic is so scarce, I'll do mine like Jana......

Becca, you had better listen to the kids....That sounds funny doesn't it but, it's good advice....Love the idea about putting a branch in the window but sadly, I have nothing near me to get any....I really should have been on the ball when I was at the house the last time but sometimes, the brain takes a rest, lol.....

Yesterday, 2 of the boys finished cleaning out the house....Our oldest, took the big workbench and the rest of the tools, thank goodness....Dan had stopped down and took the things that Kathy had wanted plus, he took the little table and chairs to store for Lena....Everyone was teasing him about his car...He drives a Tesla and he got more in that car than most can get in a truck....Not sure if he was able to get it all out but he sure piled it in......Terry told me, young Jim had a hard time leaving the house...When he was little, he spent so much time next door with Grandma and PapPap...Being the 1st grandchild, he was a bit spoiled...But, he did walk through all the rooms and told Terry and Theresa some good stories, so he's ready to let go.....It's been an interesting 2 months.....

Today, I'm really being lazy or maybe I should say, lazier...Baby Girl and I didn't get up until 8:30 and till I read the paper and tried to decide what to do, it was almost noon....Of course it didn't take her long to jump back in bed for her nap.....Tomorrow, my dryer is coming and hopefully back to my sewing room (which is looking pretty good).....

For my dinner, I found some left over round steak and gravy in the freezer so I'll probably bake a potato......I've found I've been interested in "trying" to cook again, which is strange, lol......

You all have a great day.....Stay safe....

Happy eating................

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, April 5th

Post by auntjana » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:07 pm

Good late afternoon!

Sarah and I have been busy in he Batt Cave all afternoon. We cut and bagged over 100 kits for our friends to sew and return the completed masks to us for Aaron and the troopers. Aaron made a guesstimate of needing about 100, so that may be the first wave we do. He will come by and get the finished ones on the porch. Hopefully by Tuesday we will have a bunch done. I am sewing as well.

Dinner is in the crockpot, pot roast, so I can sew for awhile longer. Well, that is as long as my back holds out.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”