Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, April 4th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, April 4th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:40 am

Good morning,

We are 33* this morning! Brrr!!! But might make 50* this afternoon. Doesn't really matter to me, except that it's nice to take a break from all the mask making and get in a long walk. Yesterday we delivered some more masks. Today, make and mail more. I've lost track of how many I've made but well over 100. And requests keep coming in. I hate to say no - so I don't. I am still waiting on my iron. I ordered it two weeks ago. It was shipped 6 days ago and it's been sitting someplace in Kent - 40 miles away - for last 4 days. I'm starting to think I'll have drive up there and get it myself! I'm still using my little travel iron and am not used to having to turn off my iron when I'm done. I keep forgetting. I have notes all over the house reminding me.

This morning QIAD had a 'free shipping' sale on the pattern "On a Roll", the toilet paper quilt. It's so cute! Especially now! I couldn't resist so I ordered it. But by the time I have time to make it, it may not be so cute! I might be using the fabric as actual TP instead! :lol: :lol:

CHICKIE - so nice to hear good news!! Double good news, actually - your DD's BIL recovering and none of you getting it! A scary couple of weeks for you all. I think I'd be spending all my spare time out in the pasture, watching those cute baby cows! They can be so fun and really put on a show! We need more fun! When I was growing up, our big picture window looked out on the neighboring farm's pasture and they always had several calves each spring. It was better than any TV show! I haven't heard of anyone needing the boufant caps here and I sure hope I don't! You get a gold star for making them!

JANA - sorry about your burnt finger. When I was doing ties, I got them, too. And I may be going back to ties eventually. A nice idea to put mask kits on the porch though it wouldn't work for me. No one can even see my porch!

MARY ROSE - after working for so long I just bet you are enjoying having time to yourself! When I retired I felt like I'd been released from a cage! Even though I really liked my job.

BECCA - thank you for the "Gene Prayers". He and his kids are all very religious and know the power of prayer. They appreciate them so much. Marge is quietly slipping away and the kids have gathered. I hope it happens while they are still all there. Some of them live 400 miles away and eventually will have to return to jobs and homes and families. But a big 3-day snow storm is moving in today and even in Alaska a storm this size gets attention.

LORI - I would love to meet all your furbabies and offer up a lap! OH, and it would be fun to meet you, too. ;) I saw your quilt tops and they are beautiful! I love your work, always. Your little Halloween houses are so cute! Are they a table topper?

I have a lasagna in the freezer that I made before we went camping. I think we'll pull that out for tonight and then make a salad. Still have a few fresh greens left. I would love some fresh garlic bread to go with, but I would have to bake it from scratch and since neither of us need it I don't think I"ll go to the trouble. Not today, anyway.

How is YOUR supper story going to read?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, April 4th

Post by auntjana » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:44 am

Good afternoon!

In between sessions of Conference. First session was fabulous!

Just checked the boxes on the porch and we are down to about a third left. Even some of the finished masks are gone as well. More cutting later! That's a good thing! I am glad to help.

Dinner - another something easy, as I will be sewing in the Batt Cave. I will put a pot roast in the crockpot for dinner tomorrow. More sewing time.

Mary - you are good to deliver your masks!

Kate was working at the EOC, emergency operations center, and was able to get a couple of the N95 masks for Aaron. So glad! His division is struggling to find any for him or the troopers.

Not much else here.

Stay safe,
Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, April 4th

Post by zfatcat » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:00 pm

[url]https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n ... 7amkdRV3m0[url/]
Our masks are doing pretty well.

Jana, glad Kate found some for Aaron.

Mary, you are welcome anytime. We have furry kids to go around. lol I bet Scottie would have a blast with Jack and Wrigley. Maybe someday we'll meet. We were supposed to go look at the Airstreams when all this broke out. So when it's over, I am headed to the dealer. I'm going to be ready to get out of town.

I made a few masks today for a friend of mine. She's a judge and said she need one. So I made her 5 so she can wash them and alternate. She is very happy. I made one with ties, and it took quite a bit longer. I still have a few pieces of elastic. I'm going to make one for Bill and DS.

Tonight is chicken breasts with pasta and broccoli.

have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”