Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, April 2nd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, April 2nd

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:33 am

Good morning,

We are 39* but have no snow, no rain, no wind! Yay! Yay! Yay! We should be able to get in a nice long walk today. I will be making more masks. And that's pretty much it. I've made a few extra for some elderly friends so we will go delivering to porches today and mail some others.

BECCA - I read where you were thinking of using Heppa filters for masks. There was a news story last night about people trying that and they said DON'T DO IT! Those filters are filled with toxic chemicals and you would be breathing them directly into your lungs. My niece and her hubby own a bike store in Las Vegas. They are still doing curbside service, though I don't know how busy they are. People can still bike and hike.

JANA - In your family, I'm guessing it wouldn't be a problem finding someone to care for Gracie and Lila if Kate/Aaron got sick. Glad you all are playing it as safe as possible. Flying for milk! That's a new one!

IRISH - it's good to hear all the happy in your 'voice'! Glad you are settling in. Your new place sounds ideal! If you are inclined, do bring a few of your favorite plants from your old yard. I brought some of my mom's before we sold my parents' place and I'm so glad I did. I really enjoy her violets, trilliams, bluebells, and roses.

MARY ROSE - I read where you are off for another two weeks - with pay. Well, there's a silver lining for you! I hope those 80 hours count towards your retirement . . .

CAROL - have a good day hoeing the yard! Nice that your hubby appreciates it even if he can't help right now.

I think our supper tonite is going to be one of those sheet pan suppers - chicken, sweet potatoes, carrots. And a salad on the side. If I cover the sheet pan with heavy duty foil - no clean-up! Purrfect!

And what will your purrfect supper be?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, April 2nd

Post by auntjana » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:25 am

Good morning!

Mary - since there were two, I closed my eyes and picked this one! Love sheet pan suppers. So easy and not much to clean up! I hate doing dishes. In my stash, I found a jelly roll of neutral cream colors, perfect size for mask ties. I am ready, if the need arises to make masks here.

We are cold, earlier I thought it was 24 outside, no, it was 21! The house is now getting warm and the sun is up over the mountains and clouds.

Sarah came over and raided Michael's stash of pressure treated wood, out in the barn. She was making table legs for her greenhouse tables. She is now starting the warm weather veggies, so they can be in the ground after Mother's Day. Here, any earlier, you chance losing them to the last frost in May.

Smudge and Ethan are working together on how to get out of work. Smudge is a cuddler and a huge cat, so he sprawls on Ethan's lap, which then Ethan claims, he is being held down and can't move. Works for both of them! Well, it works until, Sarah rattles the food bowl and Smudge comes running! Ethan is adapting to school online. Gets his schoolwork done early, so he can play.

Poor Crenda is dealing with 4, doing online school, with 15 different teachers! Andrew is in Middle school, with the most teachers and the others are in a Spanish immersion curriculum with two each. Sarah helped Crenda get a schedule setup on how to deal with everything. Matt is working from home as well, so he helps with the Spanish. Busy at their house! Even little Baden's preschool has sent home packets for him to do.

Dinner - still on the undecided bench. I do know breakfast - french toast for me, cracked wheat cereal, hot, and scrambled eggs for Michael.

A few uglies. The house doesn't quite sparkle, the baseboards are rebelling, holding onto their dirt. But I have a new weapon, a tool to clean the baseboards, we will see if it works! It is a long handle thingy with a rag attached, to run across the baseboard. If that doesn't work, I do have one of those, as seen on TV, Spin Scrubber, which does work. Use it all the time.

Well, need to get going,

Hugs,
Jana

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:33 am

Good morning Mary. Last night I was going to make some turkey/rice casserole, but the rice I "thought" I had apparently got used, so...
Today I will ask my son to get some rice if he can find some. For now plans will be a repeat of yesterday's supper plans.

The emergency time off hours will work the same as regular PTO/vacation time off as far as affecting retirement. It does not fall under LOA time. As of 4/26 I will also have 5 more vacation weeks that can be used as well.

Ok, I'm off to figure out my day. Happy eating.

Mary/Rosebud

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:33 am

Hello everyone sunny here & got my walk in early
Maryz Thanks for telling me that The Dr that had it on was using them at his hospital Of course all
Mine are cloth I made C.A. & mine tight trying to keep out germs I just have to get shots 1 time There is a farm here that is set up in parking lot to bring your order to car You call ahead with order
Just no bread or milk or eggs but Beth has the bread for me She brings it to the car

Jana All
My grands are doing work at Home too Some are home schooled anyway
Rosebud I will be happy for you when retirement gets here for you
I have some leftovers we need to finish then new food
Stay safe & have a great day
Becca
Irish Your place sounds perfect for you I would love one level

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:57 am

Prepare for wearing masks yourself when you go out! The Mayor of Los Angeles has suggested it. A Doctor said on TV this morning not to wear n95 mask, but more of a surgery or cloth mask. It will protect other people from your germs. Interestingly, the newscasters themselves were wondering where they would get a mask.

So I wore a mask and gloves when I went grocery shopping this morning. I did find milk, eggs, and butter, also onions and even pasta, however there are no canned tomato products.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:46 am

Carol, I've been wearing a mask that I made when I go into a grocery store.

Becca, I got my walk in too. I try and get out before everyone else.

Maryrose, nice that you are still getting paid. I feel bad for all those people that are not being paid right now. It will be hard for them to recover.

Jana, it you new baseboard cleaner doesn't work, give the little ones rags and have them do it. They are already down there. lol I am so glad I don't have children in school. That would be quite a challenge.

Maryz, what pattern do you use for your masks?

I don't know what I will make for dinner. I need to get something for breakfast 1st. I'm a little behind this morning.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”