Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, April 2nd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, April 2nd

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:33 am

Good morning,

We are 39* but have no snow, no rain, no wind! Yay! Yay! Yay! We should be able to get in a nice long walk today. I will be making more masks. And that's pretty much it. I've made a few extra for some elderly friends so we will go delivering to porches today and mail some others.

BECCA - I read where you were thinking of using Heppa filters for masks. There was a news story last night about people trying that and they said DON'T DO IT! Those filters are filled with toxic chemicals and you would be breathing them directly into your lungs. My niece and her hubby own a bike store in Las Vegas. They are still doing curbside service, though I don't know how busy they are. People can still bike and hike.

JANA - In your family, I'm guessing it wouldn't be a problem finding someone to care for Gracie and Lila if Kate/Aaron got sick. Glad you all are playing it as safe as possible. Flying for milk! That's a new one!

IRISH - it's good to hear all the happy in your 'voice'! Glad you are settling in. Your new place sounds ideal! If you are inclined, do bring a few of your favorite plants from your old yard. I brought some of my mom's before we sold my parents' place and I'm so glad I did. I really enjoy her violets, trilliams, bluebells, and roses.

MARY ROSE - I read where you are off for another two weeks - with pay. Well, there's a silver lining for you! I hope those 80 hours count towards your retirement . . .

CAROL - have a good day hoeing the yard! Nice that your hubby appreciates it even if he can't help right now.

I think our supper tonite is going to be one of those sheet pan suppers - chicken, sweet potatoes, carrots. And a salad on the side. If I cover the sheet pan with heavy duty foil - no clean-up! Purrfect!

And what will your purrfect supper be?

Return to “Chit Chat”