Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, April 1st

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, April 1st

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:36 am

Good morning,

Happy April Fool's Day! Not playing any jokes on anyone this year. What we have going on in the world is crazy enough!

Yesterday I made masks and more masks. Then the sun came out and we hit the walking trail to do a couple miles. Felt so good to get out, exercise, and feel the sun on my face! Lots of folks taking advantage of a break in the weather but all were careful to maintain distance. Even the dogs!

Today I'll be back at the sewing machine. I have a chiropractor appt at 9:15. They called to change my time, saying they want to space out their appointments for distancing. And I know they sanitize everything between patients. And I need to not skip my chiropractor since I am sitting at the sewing machine so much. My back needs this. It will be my big outing for the week.

I think I may get my new iron delivered tomorrow! Whoo Hoo! Excitement! And you might remember I got a new ironing board cover last month. I am flying high in my sewing room!

TINA - no, Frankie is just like all the other surviving husbands. Sending him to his room is a good idea! He will thank you later. And good news! Our friends' kids found TP at Costco earlier this week and it wasn't even senior hours!

JANA - our friends have a box of N-95 masks that they've carried in their trailer when they travel. Apparently, when I offered them homemade masks I shamed them into donating the N95's and they were going to take them to the hospital. We opined that first responders need them, too. Did you get a quilt loaded? I bet Stu is working double shifts!

MARY ROSE - sorry about the tax snafu. If it has to do with a computer, I"m lost. Since computers are Bill's bailiwick, I've never had to learn and he really isn't about to turn any computer thing over to me, anyway. Makes us both happy! Glad you got an extra day even if you have to make it up. Congrats on finishing your CW blocks!

BECCA - glad you are finding easier ways to go to appointments and run some errands!

Last night we ordered out from our favorite Mexican restaurant. It was delicious! And they gave profuse thanks for supporting them. They even included warm chips! (but no complimentary margaritas. :cry: ) Tonight is going to be grilled cheese and tomato basil soup. And a salad because our salad stuff won't be fresh much longer.

How's it going at your house? Are you to the bottom of the pantry yet?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, April 1st

Post by Becca » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:02 am

Hello everyone cloudy here at 41 Quite a switch in weather

Maryz We have a long way to go to bottom of goods And I’m trying to plan meals that we get 2 days out of them Glad your meal was delicious Our DGSIL had to close his business thru April due to state orders He runs an outdoor store gears toward hikers & outdoor Enthusiasts which now is his busiest time normally
Our DS Alex & Marty both are essential
And Beth with her bakery can stay open

It’s funny to see hardly any traffic on the roads

Glad the people will share their masks I would think they had already done that
We have chicken pie left & cole slaw Lots of goodies from Marty left Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:05 am

Good morning!

No playing jokes here today. Michael's usual one is, to turn on the outside Christmas lights, but many are doing that already.

The pantry is doing fine. We are staying home. Beautiful views outside and one of my daffodils bloomed! Warming up too, even opened the windows!

Last night just pieced for dinner, so will do the chicken and salad. A friend is taking orders for milk. He has a plane and a friend who is a dairy farmer producer, so he flys to the farm and gets fresh milk. We are fine on milk and eggs this time. Maybe next time, something disrups the food chain, I should have a cow around! LOL!

Mary - slowly masks are being passed out here in Utah. The next county over has asked for those with 3D printers to make them for the First Responders. Those people have stepped up too.

We are worrying that with both Kate and Aaron being out there, if they got sick, who would take care of our little girls? We are thinking to tell Aaron, we will pay their mortgage and such, just to keep Kate at home. Normally the little girls are with Sarah, but with her autoimmune problems, that would be a problem. Oh what a dilemna we have. But we will work it out.

Stay safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:16 am

Good afternoon from a slightly sunny and getting warmer, SW. Pa....Our local weather people are telling us, we're in for a treat, the next couple of days and it better not be a joke.....Every where you look, it's so green and even my little yard is looking really good....I had it cut last week and I'm sure it will need it again this week....Normally, the park takes care of the yards but there is a young fellow that also is trying to earn a few bucks so I told him to cut mine....I can't wait to really get out there and play in the dirt...This will be a new canvas and I'm so excited...I think the best thing, I actually have a level yard now, lol.....

Mary, so glad you got out for your walk....My walk consists of up my street, turn left and walk half way down that street to the mail box....I can't do hills and this is perfect....I have a feeling I'm going to have a date with my chiropractor soon...All this loading, unloading and lifting is taking a toll but it's coming to an end, yea! I'm going to try to find my way to the sewing machine and start making masks...I haven't heard of anyone around here doing it but I'm sure they're out there.....I'm not too far away from a couple of animal hospitals and I'm sure they can use them....

Jana, Did I hear on the news that you people had some more shaking going on??? I'll bet the spring flowers are looking good....Mine at the old house are just starting and I've been tempted to bring some to the new house.....

Becca, I like your idea about making a meal that lasts for 2 days...Of course around here, it might last a whole week, lol....Better yet is when the kids bring in a meal or goodies, right?

Chickie, hope you're doing OK and just busy with fun stuff or maybe counting calves.....

Tina, I guess all retired hubbies are mostly the same...And if that hubby was a Supervisor in his job, he feels he needs to supervise at home also...I was very fortunate with Jim, he really could do any job at home and most of the time, do it better than me...His mother trained him very well...
But, I did like what you told your's......Keep him in his place, lol....

Today is a stay at home day....I've been running back and forth from old house to new...Yesterday I had the Junk-Men come and boy did I load up their truck and boy what a great feeling...We still have the work bench which my oldest is getting on Sat. and that should be it.....Even though everything is shut down, our closing is still scheduled for next Wed. Thank goodness everything else had been done before the governor issued the "Stay at home" order...Our closing can be done remotely....
But, today just trying to empty boxes....I did get a call and my dryer isn't coming until Monday but that's OK....It's going to be nice and I can always put things outside or take my basket to the old house and use the one down there......

Kevin had me laughing...He said, living by himself, he's OK with the potty paper but his neighbor had told him, he was down to the last roll...So Kevin, texted his DDIL, who works at Walmart and asked how the supply was and she sent him a picture of a package of 96 rolls and she'd drop it off...So, Kevin texted his neighbor, told him he had him covered, come outside after dark and he'd throw some over the fence but don't be telling anyone where he got it.....Kevin is our "funny" guy, always has a smile and ready to make you laugh......

For my dinner, I had half a meat loaf in the freezer, will bake a potato and have a veggie...Finally eating again and tummy is feeling much better......

You all have a great day....Stay safe

Happy eating.............

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:36 am

I'm thinking a turkey and rice casserole would be good tonight.

Mary/Rosebud

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:17 pm

Tonight's dinner for us will be Chicken Rice Casserole.

I have been hoeing the front yard to remove the weeds and to make it level once again. The pea fowl like to dig a hole and lay down. Then they walk to the sidewalk and shake off the dust. I am only about halfway done. DH is working from home so he is not helping me with this project. He likes what I am doing though!

I want to sew this afternoon. I am halfway through sewing the rows together on a quilt. I would like to finish it. The weather is supposed to cool down again and I am trying to get yard work done while it is still warmer.

Return to “Chit Chat”