Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Being Grateful

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
FlorenceM

Re: Being Grateful

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:52 am

I am grateful for the much needed rain we are receiving.
Flo

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:34 am

I’m grateful for my friends and family And other blessings. Becca

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:54 pm

I am very grateful. Since I've turned 60 (July) so many wonderful things have happened to me.

My son and DIL took us to dinner for my birthday and made it special with cake and a beautifully decorated table and included my parents.

over this past weekend my son, who lives almost 3 hours from me, sent his stepbrother over here to do some odd jobs including taking my trash and other things to the dump, and he wouldn't let me pay for any of it.

About a month ago I had A/C installed in my house and my dad paid for the bulk of the job.

In January a propane truck thought he could make it across my muddy driveway after a huge downpour. He got stuck and made huge ruts. He came back and did it again. The ruts made by his tires spinning were about a foot deep. I bought a load of gravel, and the propane company bought me a load of gravel to fill the holes. It's been just a bog of gravel and very slippery. I had it fixed today, and my dad paid for the bulk of it. And the extra gravel that was pulled out of the ruts was enough to spread around my entire driveway, so now I have a real gravel driveway.

I found a new church and the women's group that meets right after the church service is less than 20 ladies. I would say at least 8 of them have lost their husbands to cancer, my husband was diagnosed at the end of January. This church has also asked me to be a part of their core group that discusses the direction and events for the church, there are about 12 in this group.

When DH was diagnosed, I prayed, and God said to be prepared and that he would hold my hand. I feel like God is putting me where I need to be. He is also blessing my life so very much through others, which, in turn, blesses those people.

I still pray that Jerry beats cancer and that he gets completely cured. But no matter what the outcome, God is in my corner, He is leading me and watching out for me.

God takes care of all of my needs and some of my wants. I love my life, my friends, my family and am very grateful that I am in the position I am in. I am so so very blessed.

I pray that you all are also feeling and seeing Gods blessings.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Chit Chat”