Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 30th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 30th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:43 am

Good morning,

We've had a stormy night, but after seeing what poor Arkansas had, I'm sure not complaining! Those poor people. First corona and now tornadoes!

Yesterday was sort of a normal day in my sewing room. I have masks ready for elastic and my elastic should be here late today so I worked on my other projects. I could almost pretend things were normal. This morning I plan to cut out more masks and get the prep sewing done.

JANA - I took the tour! What a great place to hang out - lots of space. I love your bookshelf, too, in the background. And you have some fun projects waiting in the wings.

BECCA - facetime is great - especially now! So glad they came out to the car to do CA's bloodwork. So much easier for you and him, and safer, too.

CAROL - I bet we'll learn a lot of lessons from this crisis about what's really important in life. I haven't been to a grocery store in weeks. We filled our pantry up when we saw it coming so I don't really know what it's like here.

MARY ROSE - So sorry about all the UGRR frogging. I couldn't help but think of you yesterday when I did the same thing - sewed the claws on a bear paw wrong. I frogged it and immediately sewed it wrong again! And as I was fixing that for the second time I noticed that I did another one wrong, too! Argghh!! BTW, you said you sewed 14 rows wrong. (so sorry about that!). You do know there are 15 in the swap, right? The last person signed up late.

TINA - that was a big day for you yesterday! Hope your allergies didn't get you too badly. I know my DD's allergies can really kick her hiney and lay her low. And yes to your question, our county does have a fire ban but it doesn't start until June. I think the FD would give Vicki a lecture but as soon as they were gone, she'd still burn and would hate us even more. She always lets it burn out quickly so by the time FD arrived, there would be only smoldering anyway. We keep thinking, "this, too, shall pass."

Yesterday I did as planned worked on yo yo quilt, sewed all my summer porch blocks together from my orphan box, and made two blocks for UGRR swap - a bears paw and a log cabin. I guess today I'll go back to masks and hope my elastic arrives.

The tetrazzini last night was good and we have more for tonite. I am getting tired of pork though! Tomorrow I will be thinking up something totally different, let me tell you!

I hope your supper is tasty, whatever you choose.

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 30th

Post by auntjana » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:20 am

Good morning!

Mary - it too is stormy here. Rained most of the night and is still raining now. We are on to new food today.

No idea in dinner yet, still working on breakfast!

We will go out to pick up our grocery order in a little while. Sarah added to my order what she needed, so will come help wipe things down and take hers home. The store gathers it all and brings it to the car. Already paid for and we don't leave the car. And with my Highlander, it has a hatch/gate that raises and lowers with a touch of a button, inside by us. Sarah also found a home delivery milk company, fresh from the dairy. We may start using that as well. Milk and eggs are about all we need, and a few fresh veggies.

Laundry, putting away food and then I can sew!

Stay safe!

Hugs,
Jana

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:27 am

Mary, so sorry you had to join me at the frogging camp. When I cut my fabric for making the blocks, I cut enough to make 15 blocks "just in case". (I could have made 16) Anyway, I sewed one together checking seams and sizes of the sub blocks, and got it sewn together. Everything went together perfectly. Then I started the assembly line sewing and everything "fell apart". Hopefully I am back on track now.

Not sure yet what will be on tonight's table.

Mary/Rosebud

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:30 am

Hello everyone sunny here at 74
We got the blood work done & picked up
Meds at drive thru The Drug store closed their lobby Drive thru only

Maryz It was great to just sit in car & they come to you Nurse said her children want her to stay home too
I made ties for some masks & it slows you down plus burned fingers Our DGDs Dr husband said ties are better more protective

Jana Good to be stocked up I thought when I do buy again my list will be long

Rosebud Sorry about your frogging It always makes me feel so foolish when I mess up

We had a salad for me cA ate a dinner I had in freezer
Have a great day and stay safe Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:41 am

Maryrose, hope everything comes out better the 2nd time around.

Maryz, the grocery stores haven't been bad the last 2 weeks. Just missing a lot of items. I remember seeing that yoyo quilt in the magazine years ago. It was pretty, but I hate making yoyos. I bought those Clover yoyo makers in 3 sizes. I made about 20 and decided it wasn't for me. I gladly gave them to someone who wanted them.

Tina, hope you got some much needed rest.

Well I didn't sleep well last night. I kept waking up. There may be a nap in my future. I've go projects all over the place. I was sorting through some cupboards and pulled out a few things to finish. Might take a break from quilting a top to put more tops together. A couple swaps and a row robin.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:28 am

Good afternoon from kind of dreary, overcast, SW. Pa...Yep, it's me, finally back in the real world, I think....But, by no means, completely settled, that might take months, lol.....
But, I am loving my new life, my new house and everything about it, except all those boxes, but then again, that too shall pass.....
Can't thank you all enough for asking and sending happy wishes....It really has been an experience a good one....

Mary, I could never imagine you just sitting with nothing to do....And whoever receives those masks are going to be so appreciative...Kathy had told me, JoAnn Fabrics was handing out fabric to those who wanted to make the masks...I'm really not too far from JoAnn's but thought, best I stay away...And I have a feeling, the kids each know when I get in the car, so I try to stay home....

Jana, so many of my friends are having their groceries delivered or just drive to the store for that pick up....So far, I'm in good shape but will give it a try the next time I need to make an order....My biggest thing is picking up my RX and they don't have a drive thru so I'm working on dong the mail order....

Becca, been thinking of you and hoping your DH is "weathering the storm"....Of course that also means, you need to take care of yourself....

Chickie, Hoping and praying things are better with you and the family....

Tina, This is to be a tough season for allergies, so I've heard...My sister said, her's started acting up so she took her meds and then had to stop at the store...She was so afraid, she'd sneeze while running through the store and people would really glare at her....It really is a scary time.....

Lori, hope all is well with you, nice to finally be chatting again......

As I said, I love, love my new digs...Have only really met 1 neighbor, over our back porches...She seems very nice, also a widow and has super cute little dog....Baby Girl is getting used to the house but still has to check out each room a few times a day....And before we go to bed, she has to make sure everything is secure...She's also gotten very close, wants to be where ever I am, which I love.....
I still have a few things left at the other house and every couple of days, I drive down and retrieve something or pack up more for the trash collector, who is coming tomorrow...Our closing is to be next Wed. and I've heard it will be done remotely, which is OK by me.....AND, just yesterday, I heard, the family that lives in our old, old house will also be moving...This is the gal who cut my grass and really watched out for me...But, they're moving about 5 miles down the highway from me, nearer their church.....Big chances for my little old village.....

And you all will be surprised to hear, I've actually learned how to use my new electric stove...Have made little things and also finally made my Shepard's Pie and right now, I have zucchini bread in the oven...I know, can't believe it myself.....
As I've told some friends, I feel like I'm living in a dream and I sure don't want to wake up......

You all have a great day......

Happy eating.............

Eagle Update: We have 2 eaglets in the Hays nest, near Pittsburgh and in the Ft. Myers, 1 egg is in the process of hatching now and there is a PIP in the other egg....Good news all around......

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:32 pm

Hi everyone!
Mary, I think I would've frozen some of that pork by now and spaced it out in between chicken, beef, pasta etc. LOL
Jana, I'm really liking the pick up orders, no touching or getting close to people, win win for me!
MaryRose, I feel your pain! Froging is so frustrating. I hope you don't have to anymore ❤
Becca, I'm so glad that you're able to stay in your car for these things, every little bit helps.
Lori, oh my goodness, you've really got lots going on!
Irish, yay on your move and figuring out the stove. I'm not a fan of electric stoves but happy you have it figured out!
I'm getting heavy eyed, I didn't sleep good..... well that's actually kind of a lie, I slept great till 3am! Then I was wise awake for a little over 2 hours and then fell asleep ugh. I've been watering out front and cleaning the yard, made breakfast and lunch.... not much but I'm tired. My nose now has ouches on it, so sore! I did refrain from knocking Frankie in the head earlier, yay me! He thought he needed to tell me that I'm watering the trees all wrong ha ha ha, I've been doing 98% of the yard work and watering for 35 years, I'm thinking I know how better than him and I told him so! Just because he's retired doesn't let him come and tell me how to do something that I've always been the one to do! I told him he could either enjoy his retirement and shut up or his funeral would be tomorrow and I'd cremate him myself! He left me alone.
We're having leftover lasagna tonight and a salad.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”