Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, March 29th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, March 29th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:53 am

Good rainy morning,

A few days ago our forecast was for 3 rainy days and then sunny 60's! Now it's changed to all rain. Sigh. And wind, too. Oh well. . . It's keeping people home. We did get in a long walk yesterday with Scott. I also did sewing prep on 30 masks and set them aside. My elastic should be here late tomorrow, so I'm taking a mask break and worked on my Yo-Yo Row Quilt. I have the top half finished and together. If you want to see it, you can Google Yo-Yo Row Quilt. It's the one with the green background. I cut 3-1/2" x WOF strips, mark them for placement, pin on yo-yo's, and hand stitch all the yo yo's. Then sew the strips together. The strips run vertical and 21 strips makes the top half of the quilt. When I get the bottom half together, I'll sew the two halves together and then stitch a few more yo-yo's over the seam. This is going to be one heavy quilt so I won't be using batting. Possibly flannel just for body, but nothing heavier than that. A good use for all the flannel scraps I've been saving.

Vicky set fire to her trash pile again yesterday - twice. Once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Something boomed - I suspect an aerosol can. And billowing black smoke that left our throats scratchy and our eyes a little watery. She only lets it burn a very short while thankfully. We are in the county, not city so I don't think burning trash is illegal, though it is supposed to be in a container like a burning barrel. And I don't think the fire should have an 8x8' footprint . . . .

JANA, like you, I'm a medium housekeeper. Dusty baseboards and a few spiderwebs don't really bother me and yes, I've found messages left on dusty table tops. But these days, you can bet all the touch points are sparkling and as germ free as I can make them! I would love to see your Batt Cave - though it would probably be more interesting if I saw it in the middle of chaos rather than all tidy! lol! Glad your supper(s) turned out tasty. I made posole and it was really good. I tossed in some leftover mashed potatoes, too, to thicken it slightly and to use up the potatoes.

BECCA - you are having summer weather! Nice! 8-) Some doctors are saying they think this virus won't survive in warmer weather, so I hope they are right and it won't become the huge deal there that it is here and some other places. You work hard! You must be in great shape. I don't think I'd want to rassle you! You'd take me down in a heartbeat!

TINA - happy retirement (again) to Frankie. From what you say, it sounds as if, now that Frankie is home, if you let him do the outside work and you stay INSIDE, it will help your allergies, keep you feeling better and sleeping better. You will be healthier and able to resist the virus better if it should come your way. Bill went to HD yesterday for something he needed for his trailer projects. He's rerouting some light switches that no one under 6 feet can reach. I didn't consider that an essential errand, but when a man needs a hardware store, he's like a quilter needing just the right fabric. So he used sanitizer before and after going into the store, wore gloves, self-check-out, sanitized the touch points in the car when he got home and we washed his clothes immediately. Such a hassle for a quick errand!

CHICKIE texted that she has a new calf. And also that Dan is stable but still on the vent, but that she and her family are through their 14-day wait and still symptom free.

My posole turned out delicious. Bill even remarked on it and he doesn't usually do that. He sounded surprised . . . . My brother wasn't so lucky with his split pea soup - said it was the worst he ever made. But I suspect it might also have been the first he ever made, too. Now our soup has become lunch material and I'm using the last of our pork roast to make tetrazzini. With a salad. I'm also thinking of making chocolate chip cookies. I need a break from the sewing room. . . .

What's capturing your interest for supper tonite?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, March 29th

Post by auntjana » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:39 am

Good morning!

Mary - I put a picture of the clean Batt Cave over in photos the other day and a couple of Ethan as well. It is nice to have a clean space. Michael too is chomping at the bit to go get things for prijects. But he is staying home. He is using the CAD - computer aided drawing - program to make all his final designs and let that program calculate how much he needs first. Have fun with the yo-yos - I will love to see yours done.

Dinner - will be the leftover enchiladas. They were very good.

Not much here, a bit of sewing, a bit of maintenance cleanung,

Stay safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:46 am

Hello everyone sunny here now We had thunder earlier & a shower
Maryz You are funny on the wrestling I do work hard but I always have & thankful I still can And it’s a special blessing due to CA not being able to do things
I am anxious to see your quilt I love yo-yo
My Mom gave me a big cover for a dresser made of them I enjoy it

Jana I too long to see family but grateful they are FaceTiming & calling Great we have that We stay close but to know you have to do it is different

We have leftovers too I’m adding green beans
CA has his Coumadin check this week & I’m glad so we know how it is They are coming out to the car
Have a great day everyone & stay safe
Becca

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:00 am

Good Morning!
Today the foothills are to receive rain and snow but only a little. The good news is that in March So. Cal has had over four inches of rain bringing the season totals to over ten inches (normal is about eleven and a half.). I am very glad for all the rain but look forward to this week’s predictions of mid seventies.

Thanks for the inspiration of clean house Mary and Jana. Everything got clean yesterday except sewing room and that will happen today.

Tuesday the guild board meeting will be using Zoom. I have directions and a number but will wait to try it out.

My meat market had a “B” rating for a few weeks. It is back to an “A” rating and I now have some chicken and pork chops. I am so happy! I really need to keep some meat in the freezer in the future.

I think many lessons can be learned from this session of quarantine. There are still empty shelves in our grocery store. It has gotten better and I have not been in the store for senior hour. We have plenty of food. Just missing a few things.

Tonight’s dinner will be Pork Chop Skillet. I have all ingredients.

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Today was another frogging day. Somehow I got the orientation of one sub block turned the wrong way when I put the row together. Since I was assembly line sewing, I put 14 rows together wrong. I had 3 blocks completely sewn together before noticing the mistake.

Supper tonight was grilled steak, baked potato, salad, and grilled asparagus.

Happy eating,

Mary/Rosebud

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:01 pm

Hi everyone!
My do not much day turned into a busy day! Frankie took his tractor over to Holly's to till up her yard. I had to follow in his truck with the blinkers going for safety, it only goes about 12mph, it took us 30 minutes to get there.... it usually takes us 10 minutes regular. I either sat in the truck or stood on the porch and kept my distance. We came home ate lunch and I watered flowers and trees and rose bushes then were went back and he leveled it up for her so all she needs to do is plant her grass and keep it watered. She's going to get a nice fence put up too. I'll be glad when she gets the fence because I'm always worried that the boys will run out in the road when someone drives by. We gave her a couple trees a week ago and they are doing good. We also gave her an extra outside table we had so all she needs to do is get a few chairs. It's all about outside right now!
She bought us Arby's and dropped out off to us. I wiped down the house again and now I've melted into my chair with my feet up, I can't believe how tired I feel!
Mary, even though we are in the country we have a no burn. Maybe your county has that?
Carol, I thought I was going to clean today too but my day ended up not being mine.
Becca, you stay so busy!
Jana, I love your batt cave, very cool!
MaryRose, I'm sorry you're having to frog, i think a bunch of us are joining you there.
Well I've already cleaned my kitchen and I've got my feet up, my eyes are so heavy that I'm not sure I'd I'm going to make it till 10 before bed tonight LOL
It was a beautiful day today.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”