Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, March 28

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, March 28

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:29 am

Good morning,

We're going to be in the upper 40's and off'n'on showers for next few days. But next week - look out! Sunny and 60's! Can't wait! Yesterday was a drizzly day. Vicki lit a big fire in front of her garage and, dressed in her bathrobe, dumped about 6 months worth of garbage on - mostly cans, glass bottles, and plastic food containers, and wrappings from the presto logs the kids buy her for heat. What a mess! Eventually the fire went out and now there's a big pile of garbage remaining. And we are downwind of it. :( We kept an eye on her, expecting her to topple into the fire as she stoked it, leaning toward the flames. She is so unsteady on her feet. I was composing our call to 911 in my mind. They would have to use our driveway as hers is so overgrown. And besides, there was a fire blocking the turnaround area! About once a week someone drops things off at her house but the family aren't taking her out anymore since the Covid 19 got bad here.

IRISH texted me back yesterday. She said she is still busy unpacking boxes and trying to figure out where to put everything. She is staying in and staying healthy and hopes to be back with us soon. Hi to you all from Irish!

CHICKIE texted me that her DD's BIL was showing some improvement yesterday but was still on the vent. But there was talk, I think, of taking him off. He is 65 but otherwise was healthy and active before this hit. So far Chickie and her DD's family are showing no symptoms themselves and it's been almost 2 weeks since their exposure.

BECCA - we had similar suppers yesterday. Ours was BBQ pulled pork in the crockpot. I agree - I liked Jenny Doan's videos the best. She has two - one for elastic ear loops and one for ties. Both are good. I delivered 17 to our vet's door last night, and 5 to the chiropractor's office. I've also mailed 21 to various family members who requested them. The ties take me more than twice as long to make, but until my elastic arrives, that's what I'm doing.

MARY ROSE - you really did have a bad day yesterday. That was a bad mistake they made on your check, but perhaps an understandable one? You will eventually get paid, won't you? Here, many mortgage holders are working with home owners with late payments. I'd bet yours will, too. But such a frustrating and worrisome headache. And then having to unsew all your blocks! TV work, I call it. Hope today goes better.

JANA - I have tulips up even after we had a landscaper come in with a machine and take away the top 12" of soil and replace it with top soil! The tulips were a welcome surprise. They dumped the old soil in the woods so I expect we may have some tulips showing up out there, too. Almost ready to bloom here. Good idea to let the family bring you what you need. Right now we need nothing. We'll run out of milk and fresh produce in a week or so, but life will continue on with dried milk and canned veggies. I have flour to bake bread. Did you make any more progress in your Batt Cave? And how did your quesadillas turn out?

We still have a lot of pork roast left over. My brother, Gene, said he made split pea soup last night using cooked pork. I need to ask him how that turned out . . . But for tonite I think pork tetrazzini and a salad will fill our plates. What's the plan at your house?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, March 28

Post by auntjana » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:55 am

Good morning!

Mary - never a dull moment at your house! We have laws against trash burning here. Thanks for keeping in touch with our Irish.

Dinner was very good last night. The quesadillas were given a very good from my resident critic. But I had more filling than what we used, so turned that semi-leftover into enchiladas and have dinner for tonight already to go in the refrig. That small container of pre-cooked pork, was a good idea. Sometimes my brain works well!

Not much here. Same old, new old routines. My house is cleaner than normal. Michael is beginning to think that some alien has replaced his wife with a imposter. He thinks if he gets up in the middle of the night, when he gets back, his side of the bed will be made! I was a OK housekeeper all these years, but now, much better. So not like me! Hopefully will get some sewing done in the Batt Cave. The Batt Cave is clean and done. That is for the duration of stay home directive here. Need lumber and a counter top to make the island.

Aaron and Kate are being extremely careful. I can't make masks for them. The fire department and State require the approved N95 masks for them only. Aaron carries a can of Lysol and wipes in his truck.

Well, time for breakfast,

Stay safe,
Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:56 am

Hello everyone sunny here & yesterday was 83 I am amazed at our weather

Maryz That is something about Vicky Too bad it has to continue on & you catch the downfall
I think all our backs are telling on the sewing Yesterday I did cat stretches & they
Really helped

IrishHope your hose is in order soon Know you will enjoy it

I have sewed & done yard work & sure more will continue today I got new gravel around edge of our driveway That’s a big job because I use a box flower pot to carry it but I got it finished Looks better

We have BBQ left & CA enjoyed that I’ll add a veggie. Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:41 pm

Hi everyone!
Sorry I've been MIA, I'm not feeling well. I think I have bad allergies. My sneezing is getting to me.... I'll survive, well I hope anyway ❤
We're staying home other than we went yesterday and got some needed groceries for us, Dad and Holly. Whenever Holly or us needs anything we always check with the others so only 1 is going to the store, less going out that way.
Becca, I've been trying to di a little outside but my throat gets all scratchy and it gets hard for me to breath.
I haven't done any sewing because I'm exhausted from not sleeping good from coughing and drainage. And I've got the nose drips so I'm not gonna try to cut fabric. Plus my brain isn't very clear for figures.
Jana, Frankie is wanting to do my shelves in my closet but I don't want him going to buy any materials until this virus is gone. Plus I'm not up to taking the fabric out yet.
Frankie retired again Tuesday morning, he wasn't feeling great and I told him he was crazy to go when he wasn't feeling good, his last day would've been Thursday anyway. He had sick days and vacation that they paid him anyways.
I made lasagna tonight, it was yummy! We have enough for 2 more meals LOL I halved the recipe. We had a salad too.
The quarantine doesn't change very much for me except not having the kids here everyday. Holly is working in her front yard and staying home with the kid. Our schools are out across the state for the rest of the school year.
You all stay home, enjoy your yards in nice weather, sew inside when it's yucky outside ❤❤
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”