Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, March 27th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, March 27th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:43 am

Good morning,

Day 4 of Captivity: Coping. Staying busy with cleaning, sewing, cleaning, walking, cleaning, cooking, and then, for fun, we clean more stuff. Two of our friends made a drive-thru yesterday, dropping off birthday gifts. We wave from the garage and then clean the items they left. Another friend came by and picked up something he was borrowing from Bill - more cleaning, more waving. The roads are empty and that is eerie. But a good sign because it means people are staying home and thus not spreading or contracting this virus.

LORI - I think I remember now you un-quilting a quilt. I've done that and it's not so much fun as one might think. Glad you are liking your new quilting. Must have been nice to connect with all your quilt group. Everyone here on QIAD is my only quilt group. Bill likes my homemade pizza, too, but there are those days when I just don't feel like cooking.

BECCA - good to see the stay-home lifestyle isn't slowing you down any!

MARY ROSE - Did you find a mask pattern you like?

JANA - I have several of those 13x13x3 plastic totes. Some from Costco, some from Joann's, some from thrift shops. Great for projects underway. I use them to store specialty fabrics - Holidays (other than Christmas), strips, wild animal, RV/vehicle/travel, etc. And to take various projects on the road. Nice your hubby shares his skills with/for you!

CHICKIE - praying for your DD's BIL. I hope to hear today that he is improving. I am wondering what the long-term effects of this virus will be on the lungs of people so seriously infected.

I texted Irish yesterday about 8:30pm her time. So far I haven't had an answer back. I'm sure all is well, but if I hear from her today I'll be sure to let y'all know.

As promised, our supper tonite will be something porky - I think BBQ'd pork sandwiches and a salad.

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, March 27th

Post by auntjana » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:21 am

Good morning!

We are warming up, but still below freezing. Sun is shining brightly, which is wonderful! A bit of snow still on the ground.

Not much new here. I have tons of green leaves of tulips and daffodils up. That is a surprise, as I dug up the bed where they were, but didn't put those back in. These are all I missed. Maybe they will bloom.

I have many projects I can work on in the Batt Cave.

A little bit of a experiment for dinner tonight. I have some pre- browned pork cubes in the freezer, so will add some Hatch green chile sauce and simmer until tender, then make quesadillas with that filling and cheese. In my brain it seems to be a good idea, we will see what Michael says.

Mary - we have stayed in and only Sarah and Ethan have come in here, since the beginning of March. Out only once on Senior Shopping time to get milk. The kids have now decided that they will go and get the milk for us.

Stay safe!
Hugs,
Jana

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:14 am

I'm on a rant today. HR didn't put 32 hours of ERSCKPERS time in for the first 4 quarantine days. It was the end of the pay period, and now I can't make my house payment on time. I think the reason it is so irritating is because she said she was going to put the time in the same day they asked me about taking the time off to do a voluntary quarantine, but didn't follow through. You know the saying, 'It's a day late and a dollar short'. That's how I feel right now. Then, sewing my star point./flying geese section of the Carpenter's Wheel block, I 'missed my mark'. I sewed them assembly line style, and now I have to unsew all of them to fix them. I guess that is one block style I should have done one at a time.

Mary, yes, I will be using the Jenny Doan mask instructions. Thanks again for the info.

Tonight's supper will be left over beef stew again.

Now I'm off to get busy. Have a blessed day.

Mary/Rosebud

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:36 am

Hello everyone sunny here at 80 & it’s March We have a breeze so it’s nice
Maryz I like Jenny Doans pattern best I tried 2 others & settled on here
I did get a lot accomplished yesterday Made me feel good After Winter there’s
Lots to do Here at least

Mary rose I’m so sorry you got messed up with your pay That’s a bummer on someone

Jana My family is the same way They put it at our back door Wont take money which Bothered me but CA said he knows Marty wants to help

I’m making BBQ pulled chicken in the crockpot Will add a salad we have many goodies & snacks Marty brought Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”