Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, March 22nd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, March 22nd

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:38 am

Good morning!

Boy, do we have fog this morning! So thick you could carve it into slices if you had a knife big enough. DH has run to Home Depot for some things he needs for a project he's working on. We made a quick errand run last night and saved HD for last and they had just locked the doors when we got there. We are expecting our state to be locked down any time now as our death toll is pushing 100 and our case count is almost 1800, so we hit the ATM, Post Office to mail swap blocks, UPS store to pick up our mail, gas station, and missed HD by 20 minutes.

Today I'm going to try my hand at making masks. I have some 1/4" and 1/8" elastic and when that runs out I will make ties. Some patterns call for ties anyway. I guess there are several U-tube videos and various sites out there with instructions. Judi says they take about 10-15 min per mask. I'm going to call my vet tomorrow to see if she needs any, and our hospital.

BECCA - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GIRLFRIEND! Sorry your party got cancelled but maybe, given your sweet DH's health, it's for the best. You know they all love you and want to be there with you.

CAROL - you got your hubby to pull weeds? I don't think Bill has pulled a weed in all the 28 years we've been married. He only does yard work he can do with the tractor. I'm just glad he'll come around with the tractor at the end of the day and pick up my debris piles and haul them off to the slash pile in the woods.

JANA - will you be having televised church services?

Supper - I guess leftover beans and ham. My mom would serve that over boiled potatoes so maybe that's what it will be. Tomorrow we're going to order Italian and go pick it up! Can't wait!

What's happening on your plate tonite?

rosebud3

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, March 22nd

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:17 am

Good morning. Sorry you missed your HD stop last night. Just an FYI for anyone needing to go to HD for anything, the company adjusted store hours as of 3/19/20 until further notice due to the virus. The hours are 6 am to 6 pm.

Today will be ugh-lies :roll: and sewing :D :D :D . Tomorrow will be gathering up all necessary paperwork for taxes.

Supper tonight will be lasagna. Have a super day. God bless.

Mary/Rosebud
Last edited by rosebud3 on Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:48 am

Good morning!

We do have BYUTV and they broadcast many devontionals, etc, but not a church service per se. We do have General Conference coming up the first weekend of April with all the leaders and prophet speaking. They have scaled that back as well. Normally the Conference Center would be used, holding around 25,000 people, nope. Then it was announced that no people, just the leaders and Tabernacle Choir, nope, that changed too. Now it will be held with those speaking at that session and the invocation and benediction prayers. About 2 years ago, the Church changed our meeting schedule from a three hour block of meetings to just a two hour block. That third hour was now put in our homes, for us to study and teach our families. A home centered / church supported learning and worship. Michael and I have done that in our home. I think what we miss is seeing friends and sharing time with them. My new teaching assignment in Relief Society is now waiting until we can meet again. Us members of the Church are very social, like bees, sharing and helping. The main meeting of the Church, Sacrament Meeting, is where we partake of the emblems of the sacrament, and because of the priesthood that the worthy men of Church hold, we have been given perrmission to do that ordinance in our families. This is unusual and is the first time it has been done in my lifetime. Our Church is done in a orderly manner and you just don't go and do certain things on your own. So, praying, hopefully, all this will pass quickly and we all will be back to a new normal!

Mary - HD and Lowes are still open here too. Hope Bill gets what he needs.

Daniel and Kari are working from home in California. Daniel is one of the essentials, so he still gets called out.

Matt is doing testing on a government project and because of clearances, he has to go in. Scott, Sandee's DH works with Matt, so he has to go in too.

Aaron and Kate, well, they are on the front lines! Aaron tells me that his department is struggling to find gloves and hand sanitizer for them. One good thing here is most of the state is staying home, less, Aaron and the troopers have to deal with.

Sarah works from home and now so does her DH, Joseph. He works in the internet side of the largest health system here in the state of Utah. Sarah finished one of her online classes and the teacher of the other understands what is going on and has given her more time on assignments. She only has the final left snd hopefully the teacher changes it slightly, not requiring a large size drawing that Sarah would need to go uptown to SLC to have a speciality printing company do for her.

No more word on my niece Becky. We did learn that the COVID infected person, did not have direct contact and that Becky was 2 rooms away, so we are hopeful.

Dinner - is Brunch today - hash browns and eggs, piecing on leftovers layer tonight. Found a new diet to lose weight - live in the middle of a pandemic and carefully watch what food you have to stay out of stores! I have finally reached one of my goal weights, it has been a tough three pounds to lose. So have a new weight target, another ten pounds from this one. We will see how it goes! Nice to be down from my heaviest weight by 80 pounds! Slowly does the trick!

Well, off I go,
Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:00 am

Maryz, well at least you got the most important task taken care of....mailing off the swap blocks. lol

Jana, My DS is still working. He works on Hill AFB and his building is still open. It's a high security building, so I'm sure it will continue to be in use. Glad he is still working.

I sewed on my UGRR blocks yesterday. Should have them finished today. I just need to sew the 3 rows together for about 7 blocks and I'll be done. We drove over to the park this morning, but it was closed, so we came back home and walked the neighborhood. We went down to a different area just to mix it up. DH read that drinking a cup of hot lemon water is a great way to get vitamin C. So we have been drinking that everyday. He hates it, but I think it's quite refreshing. Since it was his idea, he still has to drink it. lol

For dinner....not sure just yet. I still need to have breakfast.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:08 pm

Hello everyone cloudy here but warm
I have received several calls & FaceTimes with family Friends called yesterday
It’s been a nice day I watched DGSs message online He is doing it for next 3 weeks this way

Maryz Thank you It didn’t turn out the way they planned but that’s fine I want everyone safe & healthy
CA has never pulled a weed He’s like your Bill If he could ride it was fine He would do manual labor but loved the tractor

Jana Glad the Church has it worked out
All Churches are coming up with new ways to serve the people & reach out to them Denise’s Pastor is having devotions online every day

Rosebud Enjoy your sewing time
Always glad when you join us

Lori Those doggies love walking no matter the route or scenery
Our DGS & his wife both have coworkers that have the virus They are working from Home They are in NY & DGS works at NYTimes

I am having something easy Don’t know what as yet Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:39 pm

Oh my silly brain missed your birthday wishes Becca! So I am singing in my best voice, a half step flat, according to Sarah,

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, dear Becca, happy birthday to you!

Twice - that is how long you need to sing it, washing your hands to sanitize this message! LOL!

Big hugs,
Jana

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:52 am

Good morning! We are gloomy and overcast, but the temps are back in the 40s and 50s. This will probably be last day to walk dogs. Thankfully, they can hold their water until the owners return. DS and his live-in girlfriend told me to stay away after today as they will probably be infected by the time they return from work. They are paramedic and ER nurse respectively. The virus is in town now. They have asked me to sew masks, so that’s where I will be—at my machine doing my part.

Mary—happy birthday! That’s a problem with Monday birthdays… few restaurants are open—at least around here.

Becca—happy late birthday! Milk it for a month and keep celebrating!

Jana—congrats on the weight loss!!! I lost, but I’m not good at keeping it off, and it’s creeping back on quickly. UGH!!! I’m going to try to get back on the program! You inspire me!!!

Carol-Q7—you have pea fowl? They are so cool although can be a bit noisy! My volunteer tomatoes were the only ones that produced last year. I’m a lousy gardener!

Lori—I actually like the hot lemon water. I generally put lemon or lime juice in my water that I drink throughout the day.

That’s it for here. I’m going to go make a trial mask and leave it when I walk Choc. They can let me know if they like the design or want me to do something else.

Dinner tonight—I still have a bowl of soup apiece, but I might do baked potatoes with meat on the side for DH. A potato is plenty for me. Well, maybe topped with some steamed veggies…

Bon appétit!

Return to “Chit Chat”