Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, March 21

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, March 21

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:56 am

Good morning,

I hope we're all still healthy and upright! Yesterday we had our lawyer appt. We sanitized and took our own pens, but they had sanitized the room, had sanitizer on the table, and had two plastic cups - one for clean pens and one for dirties. And a container of Clorox wipes had pride of place on a shelf! And the attorney sat a good distance away from us. Glad to have that appointment behind us! We scurried back home and won't be going out again. I'm pretty sure I will cancel my eye appointment for next Wednesday.

I'm seeing a great need for surgical masks all over and our area is no different. So I'm going to try to make some today. Sue said there is a pattern on Bonnie Hunter's website, plus Judi sent me a link to a pattern she is using. If I master it, I have enough 1/4" elastic to make 15-20 masks. Use cotton, double thickness, I understand but I haven't acutally checked the patterns yet. If I really get into this project, I'll be ordering more elastic.

JANA - You've got a good sanitizing routine! We're doing all the same things here. When we run out of Clorox wipes I'll use rags and bleach water. I need to research the ratio though to be effective. We bought a radiant warmer for our deck which is what makes all the difference in being able to sit out comfortably on spring evenings.

BECCA - your weather is phenomenal! We have reached 60* two days in a row here, but by Monday we'll be back to the rainy 40's.

LORI - I think everyone is a bit stressed over this virus thing. Our DBIL is the head of 911 for Pacific County here in WA. A new job for him. He was with Sheriff's Dept before being offered this position. He loves it!

CHICKIE - we find if we try to use the internet in low-usage hours things go better. You could set your alarm for 0300 and see if that helps . . . . ;) Congrats on all those new baby cows!! They are SOO cute!

IRiSH - I'm not looking for you to post anytime this weekend. Your new home will be needing you for sure!! Congratulations!!

We will be having salad for sure tonite while we still have fresh stuff. Not sure what to put with it though. Spaghetti and meatballs or beans and ham. DH will make his choice. Last night he threw me a curve though and we ended up grilling burgers!

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, March 21

Post by auntjana » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:51 am

Good morning!

Using those clorox wipes is a good thing and when that container is empty, there is still a bit of "gold" juice at the bottom. Stick in another paper towel or too, make it last longer!

Not much here. A quick swipe at uglies, then to the Batt Cave.

Mary - good to have it all signed. We were told by our attorney to put the originals in a safety deposit box and he gave us a binder with the same papers to use as needed. Matt and Sarah both know where everything is too.

Dinner - I have some pork, I pre cooked in the freezer, which I will take out and simmer with some onions and Hatch green chile sauce to make either a quesadilla, enchilada or burritos. I cubed the pork when I cooked it before. Just depends on how I want to wrap it up.

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:28 am

Hello everyone sunny here at 74 Our DGS FaceTimed sitting by fire out Maryz s wayHe sits on his porch with his fire going

Maryz We are to be in60 & 70 thru March except 4 days in50s Unreal Martycalled today He will be here all next week but will stay with friend He is so afraid he will infect someone Especially us & the Twins He said he will get us stocked back up when he comes

Jana We too are being extra cautious on everything I sanitized the mail & box everyday

We took care of our wills & POA many years ago After CAs first stroke We have updated it too

I got my walk in Cut winter grasses Put some gravel along edge of drive Didn’t get that finished but another day
On the neighbors & dog the one that called me lives beside her They have 3 children she’s concerned over & she don’t want me hurt either I’m going to talk to other neighbor that sees everything & she will tell me They are being very foolish

We are eating light C.A.s stomach isn’t up to par Maybe soup or cereal
Becca

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:18 pm

Nice day here today so DH and I went outside to pull weeds for a couple hours. I have a number of pop up tomato plants now protected from animals and birds especially the peafowl.

Tonight’s dinner is leftovers. We have stuffed pepper casserole and chili. I think one serving of each. We get a choice!

Return to “Chit Chat”